Chartis Insurance Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in April 2009.

Interview Details – The company HR responded to my application on their website. I was called in for the interview. I was interviewed by all the members of the team(Team size was 4). They had interviewed several people, both internal and external. Internal people have preference over the external. I was an external candidate. But I guess my experience which had variety and length of the experience and was critical in my selection.

Interview Question – What is the most challening assignment you failed to deliver?   View Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern
New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple and easy. Got a phone interview and it was all just behavioral questions. During the 2nd round, there were about 12 people and we all split up to have our respective individual interviews. The interviews were all easygoing, but that's why I think everyone did well.

Interview Question – What was a difficult experience you had and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Compliance Training Manager Interview

Compliance Training Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2009.

Interview Details – It took about 1 month to hear from the Chartis (used to be AIG) before my first interview with HR. I met with them first and then met the hiring manager. After that I came back a second day and met with three other team members and a manager from a related function. No one had any questions prepared and there was no process to the interviews. It was more of a chat about the job and about my background.

After that I heard nothing. I emailed the HR person two weeks laterand got a 3 word reply "Were still interviewing". Have heard nothing since.

I was not impressed with the company or the people who worked there. I come from an investemnet banking background and it was obvious that Chartis (ex AIG) is an also ran. Disorganised and unprofessional. Salary was also low and no bonus.

Interview Question – Isn't this job much smaller than the one you used to have?   View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went through the common aptitude test ,then one telephonic interview round and then 2 rounds of personal interviews.The interview process was rigorous and the interviewers stressed on each and every aspect of the resume.every thing from academic record to extracurricular activities were taken into consideration and given importance.In general an overall profile with balanced amount of every aspect was given preference over one completely inclined towards either academics or extracurricular.

Interview Question – Iwas interviewed by a manager who had his bachelors in chemical engineering. He noticed i had experience in electronics and programming so he started asking questions from digital logic and java programming.This was very unexpected,especially after knowing he was from a very different back ground.

My advise to people applying for the job and/or taking the interview: be prepared to answer about each and every thing you have mentioned in your resume.I had mentioned i played for the city cricket team and was asked questions about it.So just be honest and give it your best shot.These people really know their work well.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1) 10 Minutes HR phone Interview
2) Line Manager f-f interview (30 Mins)
3) Assistant Manager Interview to describe the job capacity

Interview Question – 1) Scenario Questions: What kind of suggestions you could make, for instance, a domestic helper committed suicide at the employers home but accidentally killed a person on street, to the existing household insurance?

2) What are your opinions on our travel insurance coverage? What else you could add, or feel unnecessary?

Reason for Declining – Better offers from other bank

CAT Account Analyst Interview

CAT Account Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2013.

Interview Details – apps then 2 pi's, was the selection process. apps are pretty easy to get through since there is no negative marking. then comes the pi, over there all the people in the interview panel were very professional that they dont try to screw you up.

Interview Question – If you handle an ethical situation in the company, how will you deal with it?
and they explained to me the situation also.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation per se. they quoted a salary during pre placement talk.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2012.

Interview Details – Met with two different people who I would be working directly under. They mostly did all of the talking with a few questions here or there fishing for experience and technical skills I possessed. I was fresh out of college and was a mid level job. They were looking for an expert in excel.

Interview Question – Please give us detailed information about your experience with excel.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Claims Manager
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview with UK claims manager to understand your skills and experience but also detail plans for the department if you were successful. Interview style was reasonably friendly and felt at ease with the interviewer. They took a while to provide feedback and follow up but people are busy so it wasn't an issue.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. How would you develop the team ethos, improve productivity, quality etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered two jobs at the same time and chose the other one. Nothing against the company but just had a better offer elsewhere.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in July 2008.

Interview Details – Interviews are informal and based on fit.
Looking for people skills - relationship management and interpersonal skills
Extroverted personality is a better fit.

Interview Question – None - you need to be able to be engaging and to sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Travel Coordinator Interview

Travel Coordinator
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Interview Details – The process was similar to:

1. Applied online.
2. Telephone call received to set up an interview with the company's HR.
3. Interview session consisted of an English proficiency test.
4. Meet the senior manager of the team.
5. Job offered.
6. Start date set.
7. Start work.

Interview Question – Each employee is supposed to get 2 days off after a four day 8-hour shift but the manager insisted that the employee go in and do additional shift just because he thinks this employee can get things done. FYI, the team consisted of supervisors and other team members. If none of them can get things done, why were they made supervisors in the first place?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward because they were in need to new recruits.