Chartis Insurance Company

Updated Jun 17, 2014

2.4

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in April 2009.

The company HR responded to my application on their website. I was called in for the interview. I was interviewed by all the members of the team(Team size was 4). They had interviewed several people, both internal and external. Internal people have preference over the external. I was an external candidate. But I guess my experience which had variety and length of the experience and was critical in my selection.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challening assignment you failed to deliver?   View Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2009.

The interview process was fairly simple and easy. Got a phone interview and it was all just behavioral questions. During the 2nd round, there were about 12 people and we all split up to have our respective individual interviews. The interviews were all easygoing, but that's why I think everyone did well.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult experience you had and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Compliance Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2009.

It took about 1 month to hear from the Chartis (used to be AIG) before my first interview with HR. I met with them first and then met the hiring manager. After that I came back a second day and met with three other team members and a manager from a related function. No one had any questions prepared and there was no process to the interviews. It was more of a chat about the job and about my background.

After that I heard nothing. I emailed the HR person two weeks laterand got a 3 word reply "Were still interviewing". Have heard nothing since.

I was not impressed with the company or the people who worked there. I come from an investemnet banking background and it was obvious that Chartis (ex AIG) is an also ran. Disorganised and unprofessional. Salary was also low and no bonus.

Interview Questions
    • Isn't this job much smaller than the one you used to have?   View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in February 2014.

I went through the common aptitude test ,then one telephonic interview round and then 2 rounds of personal interviews.The interview process was rigorous and the interviewers stressed on each and every aspect of the resume.every thing from academic record to extracurricular activities were taken into consideration and given importance.In general an overall profile with balanced amount of every aspect was given preference over one completely inclined towards either academics or extracurricular.

Interview Questions
    • Iwas interviewed by a manager who had his bachelors in chemical engineering. He noticed i had experience in electronics and programming so he started asking questions from digital logic and java programming.This was very unexpected,especially after knowing he was from a very different back ground.

My advise to people applying for the job and/or taking the interview: be prepared to answer about each and every thing you have mentioned in your resume.I had mentioned i played for the city cricket team and was asked questions about it.So just be honest and give it your best shot.These people really know their work well.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in April 2012.

1) 10 Minutes HR phone Interview
    2) Line Manager f-f interview (30 Mins)
    3) Assistant Manager Interview to describe the job capacity

Interview Questions
    • 1) Scenario Questions: What kind of suggestions you could make, for instance, a domestic helper committed suicide at the employers home but accidentally killed a person on street, to the existing household insurance?

2) What are your opinions on our travel insurance coverage? What else you could add, or feel unnecessary?
        Answer Question

Better offers from other bank

CAT Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2013.

apps then 2 pi's, was the selection process. apps are pretty easy to get through since there is no negative marking. then comes the pi, over there all the people in the interview panel were very professional that they dont try to screw you up.

Interview Questions
    • If you handle an ethical situation in the company, how will you deal with it?
      and they explained to me the situation also.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation per se. they quoted a salary during pre placement talk.

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in August 2012.

Met with two different people who I would be working directly under. They mostly did all of the talking with a few questions here or there fishing for experience and technical skills I possessed. I was fresh out of college and was a mid level job. They were looking for an expert in excel.

Interview Questions
    • Please give us detailed information about your experience with excel.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in November 2010.

Initial interview with UK claims manager to understand your skills and experience but also detail plans for the department if you were successful. Interview style was reasonably friendly and felt at ease with the interviewer. They took a while to provide feedback and follow up but people are busy so it wasn't an issue.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. How would you develop the team ethos, improve productivity, quality etc.   Answer Question

Offered two jobs at the same time and chose the other one. Nothing against the company but just had a better offer elsewhere.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in July 2008.

Interviews are informal and based on fit.
    Looking for people skills - relationship management and interpersonal skills
    Extroverted personality is a better fit.

Interview Questions
    • None - you need to be able to be engaging and to sell yourself.   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation.

Travel Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

The process was similar to:

1. Applied online.
    2. Telephone call received to set up an interview with the company's HR.
    3. Interview session consisted of an English proficiency test.
    4. Meet the senior manager of the team.
    5. Job offered.
    6. Start date set.
    7. Start work.

Interview Questions
    • Each employee is supposed to get 2 days off after a four day 8-hour shift but the manager insisted that the employee go in and do additional shift just because he thinks this employee can get things done. FYI, the team consisted of supervisors and other team members. If none of them can get things done, why were they made supervisors in the first place?   Answer Question
    Pretty straightforward because they were in need to new recruits.