Chartis Insurance Company

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Underwriting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Interviewed for the Underwriting Summer Internship for the Boston Office.

Applied through my college career website--was just a resume drop.

I was soon contacted afterwards that they wanted to have a phone interview. The phone interview was very relaxed and lasted about 30 minutes. First, the interviewer told me a bit of Chartis and the position. Then, they asked fit/behavioral questions, why Chartis, why the internship, resume-related questions and so on. You do not need any specific (work/academics) background to prepare for the interview.

Within a week or two (can't quite remember), I was invited for an on-site interview (did not cover travel expenses). I went to Boston, interviewed with 3 individuals--managers. They talked to me individually, explained Chartis and insurance world. Then they asked me questions ranging from my resume/experiences, my coursework, my personality. It was very laid back. No pressure.

Enjoy the interviews and just be yourself!

Interview Questions