Chartwells

2.0

Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartwells.

Applied online. Phone interview within a few days. Simple background questions and offered a 1:1 interview. In-person interview was much easier. Just talked about job requirements, work samples, and planned schedule. Offer on the spot and allowed me to think about it for a few days. Overall simple interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe which area of your internship you believe will have the greatest impact and why?   Answer Question

Catering Staff Interview

only the one interview occurred.

Interview Questions
    there wasn't one, union guidelines

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chartwells.

applied through the office and they let me know what time is good for taking interview. It tools 2 weeks

Storeroom Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chartwells.

hired through all team staffing

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lookout Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lookout Mountain, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chartwells.

They had a very informal interviewing process which took place at one of the dining hall tables during a lunch shift in full view of their clients. While the interview wasn't difficult I was slightly put off by the public nature of the interview in a noisy student environment. The general manager was pleasant enough during the interview though seemed constantly distracted by the students in the room as he would as a question then direct his attention elsewhere in the room.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "What do you want to be when you grow up?"   View Answer
    Unfortunately I undercut myself initially under the pretenses that if I proved myself then my salary would be adjusted accordingly. This turned out not to be the case because of a "pay freeze."

Dishroom Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chartwells.

You fill out a paper application and meet with the head director of the area for which you are applying for.

Cashier/Food Prep School Cafeteria Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartwells.

Interview was very, very low key. It happened on the spot of requesting an application, and basically because I had prior experience in the industry I was accepted almost immediately. Took about 7 minutes maybe.

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chartwells.

It was short. My manager interviewed me after being refered to her by a formal employee.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chartwells in September 2013.

Very disorganized. It should have been a red flag as to how the company operates. They are only about making money. They do not care about the product they serve to the customers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. The only unexpected thing was how little knowledge the upper level management actually has about the jobs.   Answer Question
    They gave in to everything I asked for with respect to money.

Head Chef Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chartwells.

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Questions were well balanced and very well thought out. Interviewer interacted on a positive personal level as well. I interviewed at a "non-service" period, so I only saw a couple of employees, their demeanor seemed positive ( I was a little more focused on the interview). Receptionist was expecting me and expedited me promptly to a table where I waited five or ten minutes for my interviewer.
    But all in all it was a very relaxed interview. I have been called back for a second one, and am writing this review now to gain access on glassdoor as I am researching the company if I am offered the position, to assist as whether to accept or decline an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest crisis I had to lead my team through...I've been doing this a long time, so I spouted out the first thing or two than came to mind....Of course I thought of ten better ones on the way home.   View Answer