Chase Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chase.

Interview

Easy interviews (about 3), takes about 4 weeks. I would say it is about as corporate as you can get, typical interview questions everyone learns to answer in college. The process is easy and HR is helpful, requires fingerprint/background/drug test.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chase.

Interview

I applied online at the company website. I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed in the branch by the manager. The district manager happened to be there at the same time and they sat down with me as well and asked me the same questions I had just answered with the branch manager. Questions were basic interview questions so not that hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chase.

Interview

Just a 30 min phone interview. The hiring manager was nice, and mostly we talked about projects I did. And HM may ask questions as what I said. No difficult questions. Also let you rating your skills on a scale of 0-10. I think I should have be more confident in it. And salary expectation.

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chase.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first interview was with a district manager and an assistant manager. That lasted about an hour. At the end the DM said to expect a call in 2 weeks. Sure enough I got a call in 2 weeks and I then met with a branch manager. That only lasted about 30 minutes. It was great. Although they do put you on the spot many times and make you roll play.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a new customer, talk to me about my day and uncover a need   Answer Question
    • Define legendary service   Answer Question
    • Tell me about what team work means to you   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you did something in your current position that wasn't your responsibility that benefited the team   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chase.

Interview

First you have to apply online on the company website, then you have to complete an online assessment. You will pass or fail. If you pass and a recruiter is interested in your resume and test results you will receive a phone call from them. From then on the process works as such: Call with recruiter>Interview with 2 managers>Call with recruiter>hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Chase?
      Why are you leaving your current job?
      Are you willing to work for a minimum of 1 year with the company?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chase (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The manager called and set an interview. After two days I got an offer. It was easy interview. They will check background and drug screening and you can start in 15 days

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chase (Elgin, IL).

Interview

I arrived on time but waited ten minutes for the hiring manager (or whatever position she held) to be ready. My interview lasted an hour long. One hour! She kept interrupting to go help a customer or to wave hi/bye to co-workers passing by. And when she came back to the interview, she'd ask the previous question again. And I had to repeat my answer, again. I should have walked out during the role playing portion... while she was helping another customer---again! This was the most unprofessional interview I have ever attended!

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions and experiences from previous jobs followed by some role playing.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chase (San Ramon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was directly contacted by the recruiter search on indeed. I was set up an appointment with the manager of the bank with another location's manager at the same time. The lady manager was amazing, but the man from the other location was very dry. She seemed real positive and said that I will hear back by the end of the week either way, or for another interview or just to be given an offer. None of that happened.

Interview Questions

• What are you leaving your current job.
      How many loans have you done in the last 12 months (as a mortgage broker).

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chase (Austin, TX).

Interview

First round is via online module that asks how you would handle real world situations in which demand high and stressful customer service experience. Depending on if you "pass" the module, your information is then passed to the branch location of your choice with either a red flag to mark that you are not a suitable candidate based on the module, a yellow flag that cautions branch management to evaluate your information again, or a green flag that shows you have successfully passed according to the module. Once you are called in for an in person interview, depending if the branch staffs both an assistant branch manager (ABM) and branch manager (BM) or just a BM, then you'll probably most likely interview with an ABM if there is one.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is upset about their account?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer you the job if they like you, but make sure that you ask what the base rate pay is, and then go to them with your offer. Majority of the time, they will work with you on pay.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chase.

Interview

Applied, had the phone interview, in person interview and job offer all within a week. Very professional and first rate company. The recruiter contacted me, conducted the phone interview, and then set me up for the in person interview. Two person interview. Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an upset customer, how did you deal with it, etc.   Answer Question