Chase

Average Difficulty
145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chase.

Interview Details – Applied online. Heard back within 2 days to do a video interview. After that I got a phone call from the Branch Manager to come in the next week. Unfortunately, she had to push it back since the branch was busy. So Friday morning comes along, the interview was good. She made it very clear that Chase is going towards all part time tellers.

The video interview wasn't sent to this manager.. or at least she didn't know how to view it. So, the video interview is for your recruiter. If this random person likes it, the branch manager reaches out.. and never sees the video. I thought this was strange. They're saving money by weeding out people in the video interview but then the first face to face interview is the same getting to know you questions.

Interview Question – Video Interview: 12 questions: Tell us about yourself, why do you want to work with this company, how much you're willing to travel, how much you want to be paid, whats your cash handling experience, what days you can work, name a time you have dealt with a angry customer. All questions that would be answered if you would LOOK AT MY APPLICATION.
Face to face: Pretty much alllll the same video questions since the manager had not seen the video. Limited hours of the position and how training is organized.
  View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chase.

Interview Details – Average interview process, sell yourself and explain why you should be chosen for this position. Make sure to mention all you've contributed to the company up until that time.

Interview Question – No really difficult question. A checklist of questions is usually used for all interviews of all positions. Unless the interviewer goes off the checklist and makes it more conversational than questions, all is average.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can't negotiate salaries. It is, what it is.

Cleveland Heights, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Chase in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and then received a call from a recruiter a few days later. The recruiter will give you a screening interview (very short behavioral questions). One example was: Why do you want to work for Chase? If you pass the screening, the bank manager will then call you a few days later for an on site interview. The Interview will

Interview Question – The interview questions are fairly easy. The most difficult one was when the manger asked if there was ever a time that I had to do something outside of company policy, and if so how did I act on it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Government Underwriter Interview

Government Underwriter

I applied online - interviewed at Chase in October 2011.

Interview Details – online, needed to submit 10 years of employment verification. Had to contact the IRS to get W-2s to verify work experience. Process would be much shorter if not required to submit employment verification for 10 years.

Interview Question – Weakness and strengths. Knowing what are your strengths and weaknesses and share them.   Answer Question

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Senior Personal Banker

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chase in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. 1 with top branch mgr. and regional mgr...then 1 with Bank Manager...last with Regional Director.went very fast and felt I also had questions for them.

Interview Question – What makes you different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was so happy to be working that did not do negotiation. I would have asked for longer vacation time than 2 weeks .And verify exactly how many week ends do I work a month.

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chase in December 2010.

Interview Details – create an online profile then complete assessment
if assessment is passed a interview is scheduled and then 2 other interviews thereafter if successful
each interview is with a different manager at a different branch location
each manager decides if you should move on to the next
after interviews are complete they will give you a call if the position is offered

Interview Question – most interview questions were easy and straight forward   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Part-time Teller
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chase in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position and close to a week or so later had a call for an interview at a branch in Chicago. The interview took place less than 24 hours after initial call. Interview took no more than 30 minutes and basically it consisted of introductions and a ready list of questions. Made sure to get business card of assistant branch manager for follow-up/thank you email. Unfortunately two days later got an automated e-mail saying that I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Question – A time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

Risk Manager Interview

Risk Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Chase in August 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was weird. Went through all of the interviews and the conversation went silent for six weeks. I assumed I was not being considered and they called with an offer.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. The usual drill   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They won't talk to you without salary history, then offered no increment to most recent.

Relationship Banker Interview

Relationship Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chase.

Interview Details – first applied online,passed assessment test which had practical math questions and some personal questions.Followed by a video interview(hirevue),they just record my answer and there was not anyone in front of me which was not interactive and lively at all.
I am still waiting for further reply by HR.
after a week received call for an in person interview by different branch manager.

Interview Question – General questions like,how does this position and your skill match with your past job?
tell me about situation when you had potential customer on call and he refused to get our product?
why do you like Chase?
what part you like most about sale?
In person interview questions were-
what is good customer service/bad customer service?how do you handle Irate customer?role play situations with iABM what if customer is on call and you try to get an appointment?
what if you have customer ready to open checking account and how would you build rapport before opening up an account(try to be friendly)
explain about challenge you accept in your past job?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chase in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with the branch and assistant manager ask my experience at my other jobs. They also asked why I would be a great candidate for bank and if it was a company I would like to grow with. They were very pleasant and had a big smile on their face as I was answering the questions. I added a little sense of humor in which put them on the spot but they liked that. It went very well.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!