Chase

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.6

Bank Teller Interview

I had applied to many locations, and it took a while to hear back. I finally got an e-mail regarding an online video interview to answer a couple questions and the same day recieved a call about an in person interview a few days later. The actual in person interview process was very nice, kind if lengthy but I feel they really try to get to know you as a person. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why I shoulg be chosen for the position over everyone else.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chase.

First you take an online test in your online application.
    Second: you interview with your assiatant branch manager.
    Laslty the branch manager.
    Then you get called by HR if you got chosen.
    Branch manger focus on how you would deal with customer in difficult situations.
    They ask you how you would describe yourself so be ready to pick 3 adjectives that describe a good, responsible emplyer.

Interview Questions
    • They try to test you on how good your at customer service by asking you what if sitautions.
      When they ask you what you flaw, what something you need to improve on say something that doesn't relate to the job, something in s different field that wont reflect you work at the company.

View Answer
    There is no negotiating. Either you accept or decline.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chase in September 2014.

1. Put in your online application at the Chase career site. It took about one (1) week for me to obtain an interview.

2. Interview #1 was given over the internet. It was easy and it prepares you before you take it. Just relax, you are taking the interview, because they want to extend the offer to you.

3. Within 3 days a recruiter call me and extended an interview to a hiring manager.. The interview can be set up within the very next day.

4. During the interview, you have to sale yourself with the jobs you had list on your resume. You should make your resume come alive. Everything that's listed on your resume should as accurate as possible.

Questions to remember:

Why did you choose to work at Chase? In this question you should include any research you know about Chase, ie. Company's age , worth, and their stability.

Interview Questions
    • What are your short and long term goals?   View Answer
    I got the max. pay offered for the position so no negotiation for me.

Personal Banker II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chase.

Called by a telephone recruiter, interviewed by a branch manager, then interviewed by a branch manager. Branch managers interview was very unprofessional. I felt as thought I was back in college pledging.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chase.

Called by recruiter for a brief interview who scheduled an in person interview with branch & assistant branch manager. Both had pages of questions and recorded my answers down. Basic questions were asked such as why do you want this job, if there aren't any customers present what would you do?

Interview Questions
    • If this job is given to you, what type of promise can you make the company?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The starting pay was significantly higher than expected and benefits offered.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chase.

Usually requires 1 year of banking experience. Focus on sales skillset and customer service (how did you help a customer, how did you follow-up). Preparation is very helpful for this type of interview. Questions are as outlined before: sell a pen, role play - banker/client, group dynamics, customer relationship, knowledge of offered services.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Chase in September 2014.

The interview was a video interview over the computer using a webcam. They also gave me the option to do the interview using my smartphone. Very convenient and easy. They gave me a three day window to complete it.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have that makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied for a part time teller position online. In two days I received an email from a recruiter instructing me to conduct a video interview via hirevue within the next 48 hours. I submitted the interview and returned an email to the recruiter informing her, as instructed. The next day, I missed a call from the recruiter who left a voicemail telling me that there would be an interview in a week on the following Wednesday and to call her back. I called her back several times leaving voicemails and never heard back from her. When I was nearly ready to give up, I received a call from the manager of the branch I had applied to asking me to come in for an interview the same day (this was the Monday before the Wednesday interview date I was offered by the recruiter). I interviewed with the branch manager and I believe the assistant manager. The interview was easy-going and I felt that I did very well and that the interviewers liked me. I was even told "we have a great team and you'll enjoy working here with us" at the end of my interview, and also "it takes the recruiters a bit of time to get back to you for the next step, so please don't get discouraged if you don't hear back within two days or so. Sometimes it takes them up to a week." I was told by the branch manager that I would be hearing back from the recruiter to see whether or not she wanted me to attend a panel interview with a group of managers (district, etc.). I did not hear back from the recruiter for almost a week, so I reached out to her. Exactly one week from the interview date I received an automated email telling me that I was not being offered a position. Overall, I felt that the process did not respect my time as a candidate. I turned down another offer for an interview for a job where I'd be working the same hours because the manager acted as if I had a nearly certain chance of being hired, and now I lost more than one opportunity because Chase could not be forthcoming about not wanting to hire me. Overall, I felt that the interview questions were easy and I was prepared to answer all of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Chase in September 2014.

I applied online and received two emails from HireVu to do a video interview, the video interview was pretty standard, why chase, explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer. How would you deal with an irate customer. Then I got a call to set a in person interview they asked what if questions and why chase type questions. Currently waiting for reply. The bank manager said it could take up to two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a scenario were you couldn't help the a customer and the branch was busy what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Why is customer service important?   Answer Question
    • what is the most amount you have handled during a day?   Answer Question

PT Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chase in September 2014.

I applied online. then passes the assessment. then they called me and sent me a hirevue interview, which is video interview you can do whenever you want during 3 business days. I did it 2 weeks ago and i am still waiting for an answer. i called once, they said have not watched the interviews for that position yet. will watch and call.