Chatham Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.5

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chatham Financial (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter from the company spoke with me for 30 minutes about opportunities in new offices. Asked me several questions about my interest in the firm, what my strengths and weaknesses are, what makes me a good fit for Chatham etc.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

My interview was at my college's career development office, and the conversation was really nice and smooth. My interviewer was very friendly, and the whole experience was enjoyable. We were also able to connect on a few subjects and areas in our lives, so that was pleasant. The interviewer ended with a logic question, which is what they normally do at the end of every first-round interview. I was able to past this round and go on to super day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chatham Financial (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a director, then went through an accuracy test (comparing strings of numbers/text on a piece of paper to decide if they were the same or not) and a math test they said was based on the GMAT. The test wasn't too bad, but time goes really quickly. I didn't finish, but I'm sure hardly anyone does. After that (no results on the tests provided) I had 2 video conference interviews with people in the home office (I was interviewing in Denver) and two more in-person interviews that were 3:1 and 2:1. There were at least 2 interviewers in each interview. The interviews were all fairly conversational with no questions that were very hard to answer. No brain teasers, logic questions or anything like that. All questions were about past experience, resume, thoughts about the role, future career plans, etc. If your resume is good enough to get the interview, and you do well on the tests, I don't think the interviews are meant to screen anything but personality/fit.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of some technical accounting research you have done.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

I applied through my online campus job board and was selected for an on-campus interview. Had my interview with a recent graduate and a managing director. They offered me an opportunity to attend their super day at the company headquarters. The super day consisted of two short tests for accuracy and a longer one on math. The math was GMAT style. I then had 4 separate interviews each with two people from different parts of the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions about my resume and some questions about what the company does. The hardest part was the brain teasers. During both the first interview and the second interview I was asked to solve very challenging problems. This is a big portion of the interview and you really need to nail the brain teasers to get an offer. I impressed them on the first set of brain teasers and I think this is why I got a second round. I didn't do as well the second round on brain teasers.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chatham Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

In-Person interview on campus followed by interview at the Chatham HQ in Pennsylvania. Once there, I met with 4 sets of interviewers who asked questions or tested different skill sets. All in all, the process took a couple of months and the final interview was about four hours. Everyone I met was very nice. Not too intimidating for such a high level interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral-based questions, situational questions, brain teasers, math and accuracy tests   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chatham Financial in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a University career portal, and I was contacted about a week after the application deadline to schedule an interview with a date about 10 days later. The interview was a 2 on 1 and the interviewers asked questions off my resume as well as some personality questions. The interview was not overly taxing and seemed more like a conversation rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• The interview was primarily experience-based; however, there were some basic return on investment questions that included loan interest rates.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I started off my super day with a short accuracy test and then a GMAT-style Math test. And then there were back-to-back interviews, mostly personality-based questions interlaced with some brain teasers. Interviewers were friendly and it was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Hedge Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

I applied through campus portal network. The process took around 1-2 weeks. First round was pretty much behavioral. Super-day was around 4 rounds of 4 on 1s. Two of the interviews were brainteasers. Also took a math and logic test.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennet Sq, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennet Sq, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Two stage process. First stage was an on campus behavioral interview. Second stage was a technical interview including math tests and individual interviews with brain teasers. I had about 4 30 minute interviews after the original testing was complete. The whole process took about 6 hours.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

Chatham's interview process is rather intense & long. I had 2 phone interviews with a recruiter, a 30 minute phone interview with a Chatham's Rep, an hour long phone interview with an H/R Rep & 2 employees. I went to Chatham's office and was there for about 5 hours for in person interviews (4 separate 2 on 1 interviews which each took 45 minutes to an hour). I also met with 2 employees for a 30 minute interview off site on a different day. I was tested on math, basic accounting/auditing skills and took a personality assessment. The interview process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions but they focus more on your personality and whether you'll fit in with your team than your actual skills and experience.   Answer Question