Check Point Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Advisor Interview

Technical Advisor
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Check Point Software in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was an HR interview , technical exam, and then there was a group exercise, which completed the interview process. Afterwards the Technical Managers, HR Managers, and the TAC Directory would question each interviewee separately before making a final decision to go forward with the interview.

Interview Question – Questions regarding basic networking, and the tcp/ip handshake   Answer Question

Entry Level Technical Advisor Interview

Entry Level Technical Advisor
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – Total time between scheduling the interview and being hired was about 45 days. During the interview they split you into teams and have you work on team exercises and a technical test, and then they make some cuts after lunch.

After you come back for lunch, you have individual interviews for technical skills (basic security, networking, and they provide a study guide ahead of time) and for customer service skills. After those there is a hands-on with the product with no direction other than what the final results of each step should be. This is to see how well you do with a new product that you don't know anything about. Problem solving on your feet.

If you make it through the day without being cut, you're not guaranteed the position, but you have a really good chance.

Interview Question – What was a time where a customer was upset, and what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible. At that time, all ELTAs started at $18.46/hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software.

Interview Details – phone call interview technical and onsite interview professional

Partner Alliance Manager Interview

Partner Alliance Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Check Point Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a verbal conversation and review of my resume. The interview was with management and the Vice President. As the were already very familiar with my work for the past year, the interview went smoothly. The job was directly from a contracting position as an Inside Sales Representative for Check Point.

Interview Question – What are your plans with the company in the future?   View Answer

Account Manager MSP Sales Interview

Account Manager MSP Sales
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software.

Interview Details – Very pleasant HR conversation and helpful in setting up a face to face with the hiring manager in Atlanta. F to F wen't very well, due to back group was uniquely qualified for the position. The the bottom fell out when the salary offer came. I was making almost triple of what was offered. Had to decline. 12 months later the same job was posted again. HR contacted me and I was informed that the salary range had been increased so I agreed to go through the procedure again, same hiring manager, same requirements, etc. Never heard from CP again. However, the same job has been posted on and off over the past 24 months. Very confusing, unprofessional and question either the skill or motives driving this behavior.

Interview Question – None, very normal questions one would expect and pleasant relaxed environment.   View Answer

Security Sales Engineer Interview

Security Sales Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was quite simple but did require meeting with several members of management and presenting to the engineering staff. Once done with the interview process it took about 1 month for the background checks to finalize before an official offer was made. Well worth the wait - best company ever!

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult even though it was a bit odd presenting materials I didn't have experience with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no possibility of negotiation.

Diamond Services Engineer Interview

Diamond Services Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Check Point Software in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with some technical and management. Asked networking, firewall and Linux basic questions. Asked about difficult situation and how it was handled. Asked if I minded travel.

Interview Question – Interview was a breeze.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked. I was told that I would be doing one position but given inaccurate information on what the job duties and advancement. This left me disillusioned when I discovered that I would not be doing what they told me I could be doing.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Check Point Software in September 2009.

Interview Details – strangest ever. No feedback provided at all, whatsoever by the hiring manager, no returned phone calls, e-mails, etc. Feedback from others in the process much better. Hiring decision is made by corporate committee, so very proceedure oriented. process took a long time and then BAM, you have the offer. one phone screen, resume screen by corporate, initial interview (offsite at a Starbucks, hiring manager in a windbreaker, no tie), second interview with his peer, that was very good, recieved good feedback and got a feel that the corporate culture was appropriate. Third interview via phone to hi boss, smooth sailing, and then another interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How do you handle to quarter close   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate -

Entry Level Technical Advisor Interview

Entry Level Technical Advisor
Irving, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Check Point Software in March 2011.

Interview Details – I contacted them via a posting on craigslist as they were desperate to fill empty spots. They usually have a 2 day interview process for this position, but due to the urgency of this position needing to be filled, I did a one on one interview with the manager and a technician.

Interview Question – Explain how arp works...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Jewish company

Very Difficult Interview

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Entry Level Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Check Point Software in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was with an HR rep. The first interview was in person, 3 part skill test. The test is given in an office with no internet access. You are given some pages (about 4) with instructions and a fill-in the blank answer sheet. You follow the instructions and every section (about 20sections) you fill in an answer to a question about what you did. For example on section instructed you to open a linux console and do a ping command and write down the computer's ip and ms delay. Some sections you accomplish on one linux virtual machine, other sections you complete on a second linux virtual machine. The goal of all the sections is to connect one VM to another and use FTP in the console to transfer a zip file.

The second part of the test involves a new set of instructions (about 3 pages). The instructions give you basic steps to unzip the file you just copied. Install an FTP client from these files. Modify the source code C file so that next time you install it the title of the program has your name on it.

The third part of the test is completely unrelated. You are given 3 specification instructions. You are told to build one C function. You are given the prototype of this function. Your function receives a char array and based on the specifications you have to analyze the char array and return a true or false. Each char array consists of an instruction word and some random data. The specifications state that a protocol must be followed so specific instruction words and data is allowed in specific states of this protocol. After you are done with your function you are allowed to build your method with other prewritten .h files and main.c file. THe main.c file given to you tests your code. about 80 thousands instructions are passed to your code and the main.c file gives you an output that tells you how many instructions out of the 80thousands were parsed correctly and at which instruction your code did not work. To pass this part of the test your code must work with all 80k test instructions. points are deducted for ugly code, for uncommented code, for inefficient code.

It took the company about 3 weeks to evaluate the skills test i took. I was told i passed the skill test. I was given an in person interview. The interview was conducted by the team leader for the position available and also by 3 engineers in the team. The interview was conducted one on one with these four people. Each person was given about an hour to quiz my knowledge on a specific topic. One person quizzed me on networking concepts: TCPIP, FTP, HTTP, LAN, Router, DNS. and much more, each topic question was talked about in depth. The second person talked about programming concepts including: structs, sizeof(), Little/Big Endian, ARM vs 386, compilers, what files are created when compiling, and much more. The third person talked about my code, why i wrote loops the way i did, what i could do different, questions about programming were about my code so it was the easiest part of the interview. The fourth person talked to me about all aspects, some questions overlapped, other topics included: network layers, meaning of ip in ip address, what router does when routing, difference between hub and switch, how to optimize code with -o switch. how struct is stored in memory. write chars in binary and then hex and explain big/little endien. which processors use big E which use little? He asked extensive questions about my whole resume, so be sure to know how to explain each project listed in your resume. He also gave info about company and info about team and what they do.

I left interview confident with my performance. I felt i Answered 80-85% of questions accurately. I admitted the few times i didn't know an answer. I waited for an email or phone call for a job offer or third interview but i was not called. All engineers that interviewed me were indian and i am not. They all had accents and i dont. Perhaps not being indian played a role in not being hired? The tough tests and interview questions were a good experience and i'm glad i applied if only for the interview experience. The same job position is still open at dice. They're either really picky about new hires or the position is just for show.

Interview Questions

• explain the steps involved in compiling a C program.   View Answer
  • explain the contents of a tcpip packet, how does it reach a host machine   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Check Point Software

Worked for Check Point Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Check Point Software interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Check Point Software employees and interview candidates.