Check Point Software

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Check Point Software in January 2008.

Interview Details – interview with 4-5 bright people that were really good on the technical side. Some with no technical question.
My favorite question of all time is: I have a 10 digit number and you guess what is it.
I only say how many digit you got right and how many position of digits are right.

go.

Interview Question – describe a dhcp protocol. form the time of start up   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Check Point Software in December 2010.

Interview Details – Started out getting a cold call from the recruiter, scheduled a next day phone interview. Phone interview went well, flew out for a day of on-site interviews shortly after. On-site interviews were a mix of applied problems, one on one design talks, and fairly technical field-specific questions.

The interviews were interesting and fun, the people were friendly and smart, and the whole process was much more enjoyable than any other interview processes I've had.

Interview Question – What is a D class network?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Acton, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Check Point Software in August 2008.

Interview Details – personable people in hr. the hiring manager was very knowledgeable and seemed to encourage employees to grow. the health and benefits were appropriate. there was an emphasis on technical knowledge although not specific to the company's products just technical knowledge overall. the company is interantional and there is a lot of emphasis on understanding differnt cultures and ways of working

Interview Question – what is your expected salary   View Answer

Reason for Declining – no relocation package

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software.

Interview Details – Set of interviews first HR then Manager then technical testing. This can be writing code or solving some technical issue. Testing can be for full day very intense and stressful.
Be prepared to sit down and write code. They take off points if you need internet or ask questions. Limit this as much as possible.

Interview Question – Received deep technical question from Senior VP   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they say they don't want to turn into Shuk, The real reason is that the CEO approves the salary before the candidate gets the offer. No one wants to go back for change approval .

Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software in August 2009.

Interview Details – 5 interviews - 3 technical and 2 personal

Interview Question – build a protocol analysis software   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager
Tel Aviv (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software in June 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, with my manager, with his manager and with HR. First interview was professorial, making me develop and launch a new product (on the paper). 2nd and 3rd interviews were personal trying to establish my fit to the organization,

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Several iterations of salary raise, bonus discussions, etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software in October 2010.

Interview Details – We had about 5 interviews. Theoretical computer science questions, windows dums analysis, WinDbg knowledge testing.

Interview Question – Last interview, with the group director was supposed to be around salary and was supposed to be easy. He suddenly started asking me theoretical questions from computer science before discussing salary :) Beware!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was ok, they offered what I've asked for.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Check Point Software in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1) phone interview, about our project and our salary expections, and then a meeting was given to do a group day interview...
2) GROUP DAY interview, we played games , answer sales questions , and presented a 3 min presentation and a final interview based on i guess the prefered candidates. For instance they pretended that they didn't have enough time to interview everyone and took only 10 and 5 went back home. I went through the interview process and they asked me questions on why i should stay, what did i think of technology going and my goals.
3) someone from israel was supposed to call us to tell us if we were taken or not.

Interview Question – all their questions are simple and they actually try to get simple minded people in their company, not too smart or too good. Just average.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software.

Interview Details – Technical Test -> Interview with team -TL-> HR interview-> Management committee

Interview Question – HR interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at ALL, they give they price, you can take it or leave it
Salary price gives only after committee approve your job( its means your are in!)

Contract Attorney Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Check Point Software in November 2011.

Interview Details – I wouldn't want to work in this legal department. The interviewer was condescending from the moment he walked in the room.

Interview Question – I don't remember specific questions but it was just an awful vibe   Answer Question