Check Point Software Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Commercial Account Manager
San Carlos, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in July 2014.

Interview Details – Three steps to get to 1-1 with hiring manager. Phone screen, quick call with the recruiter which was nothing more than to say she will pass me to next level after qualifying some questions. Phone screen to recruiter took one month, recruiter to 1-1 3 took 3 days.

One on one was at restaurant, he paid. Maybe this was the end of end. I was in suite and tie, he was in civilian clothes think jeans ( I only saw his face) but maybe slacks. He asked question right off bat about why me, what do I bring to table and that was it… rest was me asking about role and a lot of questions about him. He tells me he is planning on sending three through to the next round, and I'm in the three. Then two days later I get email saying thanks but no thanks. Not an honest person, so even though I was really interested in position, I think in the end it worked out better. When I called him out after the email from corporate, he said he lost the head count. Really? The territory is vacant why would not filling the area be a priority. Just tell the truth, don/t have to lie. Also was drinking and chewing during interview. Thought unprofessional but what ever, it was his show.

Onward and upward as the saying goes, but just a heads up if you are applying for this role in SFO area.

Interview Question – none mostly personal . I did most of the questioning. Guess he did not like me from beginning but could not be upfront. Surprising coming from a sales executive.   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Technical Advisor
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview, followed by a full day group interview with different sections.
It was over a week before they called me back to let me know if I had gotten the job offer or not.

Technical Advisor Interview

Technical Advisor
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was an HR interview , technical exam, and then there was a group exercise, which completed the interview process. Afterwards the Technical Managers, HR Managers, and the TAC Directory would question each interviewee separately before making a final decision to go forward with the interview.

Interview Question – Questions regarding basic networking, and the tcp/ip handshake   Answer Question

Entry Level Technical Advisor Interview

Entry Level Technical Advisor
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Total time between scheduling the interview and being hired was about 45 days. During the interview they split you into teams and have you work on team exercises and a technical test, and then they make some cuts after lunch.

After you come back for lunch, you have individual interviews for technical skills (basic security, networking, and they provide a study guide ahead of time) and for customer service skills. After those there is a hands-on with the product with no direction other than what the final results of each step should be. This is to see how well you do with a new product that you don't know anything about. Problem solving on your feet.

If you make it through the day without being cut, you're not guaranteed the position, but you have a really good chance.

Interview Question – What was a time where a customer was upset, and what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible. At that time, all ELTAs started at $18.46/hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview Details – phone call interview technical and onsite interview professional

Partner Alliance Manager Interview

Partner Alliance Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a verbal conversation and review of my resume. The interview was with management and the Vice President. As the were already very familiar with my work for the past year, the interview went smoothly. The job was directly from a contracting position as an Inside Sales Representative for Check Point.

Interview Question – What are your plans with the company in the future?   View Answer

Account Manager MSP Sales Interview

Account Manager MSP Sales
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview Details – Very pleasant HR conversation and helpful in setting up a face to face with the hiring manager in Atlanta. F to F wen't very well, due to back group was uniquely qualified for the position. The the bottom fell out when the salary offer came. I was making almost triple of what was offered. Had to decline. 12 months later the same job was posted again. HR contacted me and I was informed that the salary range had been increased so I agreed to go through the procedure again, same hiring manager, same requirements, etc. Never heard from CP again. However, the same job has been posted on and off over the past 24 months. Very confusing, unprofessional and question either the skill or motives driving this behavior.

Interview Question – None, very normal questions one would expect and pleasant relaxed environment.   View Answer

Security Sales Engineer Interview

Security Sales Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was quite simple but did require meeting with several members of management and presenting to the engineering staff. Once done with the interview process it took about 1 month for the background checks to finalize before an official offer was made. Well worth the wait - best company ever!

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult even though it was a bit odd presenting materials I didn't have experience with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no possibility of negotiation.

Diamond Services Engineer Interview

Diamond Services Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with some technical and management. Asked networking, firewall and Linux basic questions. Asked about difficult situation and how it was handled. Asked if I minded travel.

Interview Question – Interview was a breeze.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked. I was told that I would be doing one position but given inaccurate information on what the job duties and advancement. This left me disillusioned when I discovered that I would not be doing what they told me I could be doing.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in September 2009.

Interview Details – strangest ever. No feedback provided at all, whatsoever by the hiring manager, no returned phone calls, e-mails, etc. Feedback from others in the process much better. Hiring decision is made by corporate committee, so very proceedure oriented. process took a long time and then BAM, you have the offer. one phone screen, resume screen by corporate, initial interview (offsite at a Starbucks, hiring manager in a windbreaker, no tie), second interview with his peer, that was very good, recieved good feedback and got a feel that the corporate culture was appropriate. Third interview via phone to hi boss, smooth sailing, and then another interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How do you handle to quarter close   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate -

Interviews for Top Jobs at Check Point Software Technologies

Worked for Check Point Software Technologies? Contribute to the Community!