Check Point Software Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to take a Programming Test (around 4 hours) in a language of my choice. There were four assignments (implementation, debugging, changes to code etc). The test code base that i had to work with was reasonably complicated. It took some time to figure out what it was doing & what i was supposed to do. You are graded on completeness / correctness (whether you can get it to compile) / solution efficiency / approach / code readability etc. They checked on me a cpl times during the test to ask if i had questions & i was free to take breaks if/when needed. Internet access was provided. I did not do well, even though i consider myself a decent programmer & i eventually got a hang of the overall logic in their test code. In hindsight, i think a better approach would have been to split the overall test into multiple segments of an hour each: 1 programming assignment, a debugging session with a technical member of their team present ('pair' programming ...), a white boarding session to write algorithms/programs etc. etc. That is, multiple approaches to evaluate instead of giving the candidate several hours to work on assignments on a laptop by himself/herself ... Other candidates may disagree ... or maybe i'm complaining too much & am technically 'challenged' :) Regardless, the overall experience was good / interesting. The person i dealt with was very courteous.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

I found the initial phone screen and interview process to be straight forward and professionally managed. I have experienced the gamut over my career, from companies that on multiple occasions neglected to inform me about scheduled phone interviews to organized interviews with an agenda. Check Point fell at the high end. Interviews started on time. I understood the process. Interviewers were polite and fair. On the less positive side, Check Point has some interesting hiring requirements. They required that I submit my W2 for the past two years, which I found odd and mildly offensive. I decided to go ahead and do it largely because the information is probably available elsewhere. Also, the recruiter would not discuss benefits with me until I was formally offered the job.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen by calling at 7:30 AM to set up a time. However, she quickly got into salary and other details that I don't believe are appropriate for a first screen. After she found out I don't have the experience she was looking for, which was very clear from my resume so I don't know why she wasted my time, she offered to let me know of a more entry-level position should it become available.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

The single worst experience I've had in my career. I applied for a Territory Sales job, a recruiter contacted me the next day. We set up a call for the afternoon... after waiting 10 minutes after the interview was scheduled for I called her. She was confused and realized that she didn't understand the timezone's. Afterwards she pushed a different job from the one that I had applied for (a more junior role) but she was unable to give an explanation of the job besides say she could email the description. She then tried to ask a colleague where she put me on hold and hung up on me (later called me back) For as solid of a company as Check Point is...it's astonishing the start I had in the process.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Israel, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Israel, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I found the initial phone screen and interview process to be straight forward and professionally managed. Interviews started on time. Started by briefing of the job / role, then asked me to introduce myself. After that, start the technical questions for about 30 mins. Ended with some work experience in the resume

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

Applied online, HR called asked typical questions about resume and projects. 2-3 weeks later Hiring manager calls asks a few technical questions. on site interview scheduled for programming test.

Interview Questions

• what is the process that happens in the background when trying to communicate with google   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Currently I am still being interviewing for this position. Interviewing process has been lengthy (close to a month). Interviewed with manager, team leader, licensing team and a couple of phone interviews.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

First a pre-screen phone call from TX. At the end she said she will forward my resume to the HR department. Two days later I received an email notifying me that they are pursuiting other candidate and thank me for my application. However, a phone call from someone that is leaving the position followed a few days later. After some questions regarding the job, she said she will forward my info to the HR. It has been a week now, still no call yet.

Interview Questions

• The conversation was more like a discussion than an interview.   Answer Question

Diamond Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The initial position applied for was a contract position. After a phone interview with the recruiter my resume was passed on to Diamond Services instead. One of the managers called me for a very engaging phone interview, which was followed by an email invitation to an in-person panel interview with several members of management.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions on the skills test were obscure. Otherwise the interview was very comfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation was very fairly based on past experience and level of pay.

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fairly standard; phone interview, followed up with 1st face-to-face, then 2nd face-to-face with Sr. Management. You will have to jump through some hoops to prove your existing/previous income, but this appears to be a growing trend. The people I met with were very pleasant and high-caliber sales professionals. While the interview process dragging out seems to be the norm, the upside is that you can bet all new hires will be fully vetted. The probability of a non-performer becoming a co-worker is very low. The only concern I had with the hiring process is that all final hiring decisions come from a panel that have never met you.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions that were asked were unexpected or difficult to answer   Answer Question