Check Point Software Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Plano, TX).

Interview

It was a phone interview, followed by a full day group interview with different sections.
    It was over a week before they called me back to let me know if I had gotten the job offer or not.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Three steps to get to 1-1 with hiring manager. Phone screen, quick call with the recruiter which was nothing more than to say she will pass me to next level after qualifying some questions. Phone screen to recruiter took one month, recruiter to 1-1 3 took 3 days.

One on one was at restaurant, he paid. Maybe this was the end of end. I was in suite and tie, he was in civilian clothes think jeans ( I only saw his face) but maybe slacks. He asked question right off bat about why me, what do I bring to table and that was it… rest was me asking about role and a lot of questions about him. He tells me he is planning on sending three through to the next round, and I'm in the three. Then two days later I get email saying thanks but no thanks. Not an honest person, so even though I was really interested in position, I think in the end it worked out better. When I called him out after the email from corporate, he said he lost the head count. Really? The territory is vacant why would not filling the area be a priority. Just tell the truth, don/t have to lie. Also was drinking and chewing during interview. Thought unprofessional but what ever, it was his show.

Onward and upward as the saying goes, but just a heads up if you are applying for this role in SFO area.

Interview Questions

• none mostly personal . I did most of the questioning. Guess he did not like me from beginning but could not be upfront. Surprising coming from a sales executive.   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (San Carlos, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Did two interviews with management and human resource. Management was friendly and straight forward. Each interview was about 30 minutes and numerous times to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• past experience and difficulties faced with previous employment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies.

Interview

phone call interview technical and onsite interview professional

Account Manager MSP Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very pleasant HR conversation and helpful in setting up a face to face with the hiring manager in Atlanta. F to F wen't very well, due to back group was uniquely qualified for the position. The the bottom fell out when the salary offer came. I was making almost triple of what was offered. Had to decline. 12 months later the same job was posted again. HR contacted me and I was informed that the salary range had been increased so I agreed to go through the procedure again, same hiring manager, same requirements, etc. Never heard from CP again. However, the same job has been posted on and off over the past 24 months. Very confusing, unprofessional and question either the skill or motives driving this behavior.

Interview Questions

• None, very normal questions one would expect and pleasant relaxed environment.   1 Answer

Partner Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was a verbal conversation and review of my resume. The interview was with management and the Vice President. As the were already very familiar with my work for the past year, the interview went smoothly. The job was directly from a contracting position as an Inside Sales Representative for Check Point.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans with the company in the future?   1 Answer

Diamond Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with some technical and management. Asked networking, firewall and Linux basic questions. Asked about difficult situation and how it was handled. Asked if I minded travel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked. I was told that I would be doing one position but given inaccurate information on what the job duties and advancement. This left me disillusioned when I discovered that I would not be doing what they told me I could be doing.

Security Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process was quite simple but did require meeting with several members of management and presenting to the engineering staff. Once done with the interview process it took about 1 month for the background checks to finalize before an official offer was made. Well worth the wait - best company ever!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult even though it was a bit odd presenting materials I didn't have experience with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no possibility of negotiation.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial communication was with an HR rep. The first interview was in person, 3 part skill test. The test is given in an office with no internet access. You are given some pages (about 4) with instructions and a fill-in the blank answer sheet. You follow the instructions and every section (about 20sections) you fill in an answer to a question about what you did. For example on section instructed you to open a linux console and do a ping command and write down the computer's ip and ms delay. Some sections you accomplish on one linux virtual machine, other sections you complete on a second linux virtual machine. The goal of all the sections is to connect one VM to another and use FTP in the console to transfer a zip file.

The second part of the test involves a new set of instructions (about 3 pages). The instructions give you basic steps to unzip the file you just copied. Install an FTP client from these files. Modify the source code C file so that next time you install it the title of the program has your name on it.

The third part of the test is completely unrelated. You are given 3 specification instructions. You are told to build one C function. You are given the prototype of this function. Your function receives a char array and based on the specifications you have to analyze the char array and return a true or false. Each char array consists of an instruction word and some random data. The specifications state that a protocol must be followed so specific instruction words and data is allowed in specific states of this protocol. After you are done with your function you are allowed to build your method with other prewritten .h files and main.c file. THe main.c file given to you tests your code. about 80 thousands instructions are passed to your code and the main.c file gives you an output that tells you how many instructions out of the 80thousands were parsed correctly and at which instruction your code did not work. To pass this part of the test your code must work with all 80k test instructions. points are deducted for ugly code, for uncommented code, for inefficient code.

It took the company about 3 weeks to evaluate the skills test i took. I was told i passed the skill test. I was given an in person interview. The interview was conducted by the team leader for the position available and also by 3 engineers in the team. The interview was conducted one on one with these four people. Each person was given about an hour to quiz my knowledge on a specific topic. One person quizzed me on networking concepts: TCPIP, FTP, HTTP, LAN, Router, DNS. and much more, each topic question was talked about in depth. The second person talked about programming concepts including: structs, sizeof(), Little/Big Endian, ARM vs 386, compilers, what files are created when compiling, and much more. The third person talked about my code, why i wrote loops the way i did, what i could do different, questions about programming were about my code so it was the easiest part of the interview. The fourth person talked to me about all aspects, some questions overlapped, other topics included: network layers, meaning of ip in ip address, what router does when routing, difference between hub and switch, how to optimize code with -o switch. how struct is stored in memory. write chars in binary and then hex and explain big/little endien. which processors use big E which use little? He asked extensive questions about my whole resume, so be sure to know how to explain each project listed in your resume. He also gave info about company and info about team and what they do.

I left interview confident with my performance. I felt i Answered 80-85% of questions accurately. I admitted the few times i didn't know an answer. I waited for an email or phone call for a job offer or third interview but i was not called. All engineers that interviewed me were indian and i am not. They all had accents and i dont. Perhaps not being indian played a role in not being hired? The tough tests and interview questions were a good experience and i'm glad i applied if only for the interview experience. The same job position is still open at dice. They're either really picky about new hires or the position is just for show.

Interview Questions

• explain the steps involved in compiling a C program.   1 Answer
    • explain the contents of a tcpip packet, how does it reach a host machine   1 Answer

Entry Level Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Check Point Software Technologies (Irving, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I contacted them via a posting on craigslist as they were desperate to fill empty spots. They usually have a 2 day interview process for this position, but due to the urgency of this position needing to be filled, I did a one on one interview with the manager and a technician.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Jewish company