Check 'n Go

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Check 'n Go in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online about 6 months ago. However, they were constantly changing district managers and they somehow lost track of their applicants. I emailed the district manager and she sent me an assessment, after passing that, she forwarded my application to a local DO. The interview went really good. She offered me the job on the spot. However, I declined the offer after finding out that I had to do "road side" marketing. Which means, when theres nothing to do, you have to hold a sign at the corner of the street to market check n go.

There was no way a college graduate like me would do that lol.

Interview Question – none. It was easy. just be prepared. Know who you are.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Road side marketing

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview Details – The DM was very " convincing " about understanding my concerns and beliefs but it was a massive lie just to get me in the door!

Interview Question – will you be able to work as an Assistant Manager if need be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would be able to work part time and get more hours if I wanted.

Allen Park, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by a BM to come in for a interview. Went to interview and was asked for a resume which I already had provided on their website for the 10 plus positions I had applied for. He seemed not to be enlightened about it... He had no information pulled up for me no copy of the application.. nothing! He had a blank note pad and asked me questions off the top of his head.. He had told me some of the job descriptions. And a couple stood out to me as safty hazards... Such as running the office alone, because some days I would have to let the manger have a day off.. Meaning getting paid for non-management pay to do management duties. Another that stood out was the had no.one to put up their money for them and you had to use your own vehicle to drop money off at the bank.. Red Flag for me!! BM .said I should hear something from him within next couple days... Welp days have turned in to months and no offer but I had already anticipated on rejecting the job offer due to the dangers of the job it self. But the professional thing to do as far as for him was to have at least contacted me to let me know they decided to move with other candidates instead of welp she'll get the message since I didn't call.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward with all of the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Euclid, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Check 'n Go in November 2009.

Interview Details – I went to fill out the application took the test for assessment and math had my interview 3 days later at another store I did not apply for manager was very nice and helpful after 3wks of training I was good to go

Interview Question – To call out the numbers of everything that was done for the day or even week   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiating was on the pay all the work and they want to pay you $9

Arlington, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is pretty easy. You go in with a resume. You email your resume first to a manager or Director. In come in for an interview and it is an honest interview. They tell you what they need, details on expectations.

Interview Question – How would you bring additional business into the local store.s   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, but definitely try.

Lubbock, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Check 'n Go in June 2010.

Interview Details – Simply an easy interview. They want someone who is good with customers and who knows how to sell. Must sound trust worthy and friendly. Must be able to work as a team. Had to interview with several stores not just one.

Interview Question – Sell this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Around 8 to 10 dollars an hour.

Inglewood, CA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the CSR position on 03/07/12. On 03/19/12 I received an email directing me to take a Pre- Employment Assessment. On 03/24/12 I was contacted via email for an interview on 03/27/12. The interview was very easy going it was more of a one on one conversation more than anything. I felt very comfortable the entire time. Today 03/28/12 I accepted an offer for employment. I start just as soon as the background check clears.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview Details – I applied in person by walking into the store with my resume. I spoke with the store manager and took the assesment test the very same day. About 2 weeks later, the manager called me at home to ask me if I had heard anything back yet. I had not. About a week after that, I was called in for an interview with the District Director. After the interview, I was called about a week later with a start date. They don't do paper applications anymore, now its all done through Taleo, and the process depends on the district directors attentiveTeness.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something. What techniques did you use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating involved

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview Details – I first filled out the application on line and the next day the store manager called me. We set up an interview for the next day. The interview was like any other. She asked questions from a booklet that I assume every potential new hire is asked. Questions like: How would you handle an unsatisfied customer? Was there anytime in a previous job that you were not able to finish a task asked of you? Why didn't you finish? Like I said the questions are pretty simple. After that she just asked me a a little about myself and that was the end of the interview. She said our DDO should be calling me soon to continue the interview process with a phone interview. The DDO called me later that evening and again asked me questions like : How would you handle a past due account? What would you say to the customer? and we kinda role played with him being the customer. It was very short and sweet. He told me to check my email and complete the skills test. He then told me I should be hearing from another manager for my third interview. She called me the next day and again asked questions on how I would deal with certain situations. It seemed like she was just trying to get to know me a little more. The next day the DDO called me and offered me the position and emailed me some paper work to fill out and send back. He went over my salary and said it would take a little while for my background check to go through. About a week or so later I got called and and told when my first day would be.

Interview Question – Role playing wit the DDO.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Check 'n Go in March 2012.

Interview Details – applied online got a call within 2 days. did my online survey then the next day set up an interview. manager asked questions. i answered them. just have to remember to stay calm and friendly =]

Interview Question – what do you know about our company?   View Answer

Worked for Check 'n Go? Contribute to the Community!