Check 'n Go Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

2.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Check 'n Go in July 2014.

The interview went really well. Even though I had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the interview, I remained positive that it might work out. On my way there, the manager called and delayed my interview but I was already 45 min. into my drive there. So I was stuck in another city for 6 hours because I didn't want to drive back home. Anyway, I DID NOT get the job. I am disappointed, a lot of energy feels wasted and I felt led-on by the manager interviewing me. PLUS, this store has a robbery problem from what I have read and heard, and ZERO SECURITY. So, my advice is unless you REALLY want to work for Check n' Go, do not waste your valuable time. It also took 8 days to find out whether or not they chose me after the interview. I received an completely impersonal e-mail saying they did not choose me after interviewing.

Other Interview Reviews for Check 'n Go

Anonymous Employee  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Check 'n Go in June 2013.

I applied online about 6 months ago. However, they were constantly changing district managers and they somehow lost track of their applicants. I emailed the district manager and she sent me an assessment, after passing that, she forwarded my application to a local DO. The interview went really good. She offered me the job on the spot. However, I declined the offer after finding out that I had to do "road side" marketing. Which means, when theres nothing to do, you have to hold a sign at the corner of the street to market check n go.

There was no way a college graduate like me would do that lol.

Interview Questions
    • none. It was easy. just be prepared. Know who you are.   Answer Question

Road side marketing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

The DM was very " convincing " about understanding my concerns and beliefs but it was a massive lie just to get me in the door!

Interview Questions
    • will you be able to work as an Assistant Manager if need be?   View Answer
    I would be able to work part time and get more hours if I wanted.

Anonymous Employee  in  Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go in April 2013.

I was called by a BM to come in for a interview. Went to interview and was asked for a resume which I already had provided on their website for the 10 plus positions I had applied for. He seemed not to be enlightened about it... He had no information pulled up for me no copy of the application.. nothing! He had a blank note pad and asked me questions off the top of his head.. He had told me some of the job descriptions. And a couple stood out to me as safty hazards... Such as running the office alone, because some days I would have to let the manger have a day off.. Meaning getting paid for non-management pay to do management duties. Another that stood out was the had no.one to put up their money for them and you had to use your own vehicle to drop money off at the bank.. Red Flag for me!! BM .said I should hear something from him within next couple days... Welp days have turned in to months and no offer but I had already anticipated on rejecting the job offer due to the dangers of the job it self. But the professional thing to do as far as for him was to have at least contacted me to let me know they decided to move with other candidates instead of welp she'll get the message since I didn't call.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward with all of the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Euclid, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Check 'n Go in November 2009.

I went to fill out the application took the test for assessment and math had my interview 3 days later at another store I did not apply for manager was very nice and helpful after 3wks of training I was good to go

Interview Questions
    • To call out the numbers of everything that was done for the day or even week   Answer Question
    negotiating was on the pay all the work and they want to pay you $9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

The hiring and interview process is pretty easy. You go in with a resume. You email your resume first to a manager or Director. In come in for an interview and it is an honest interview. They tell you what they need, details on expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you bring additional business into the local store.s   View Answer
    Not much negotiation, but definitely try.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Check 'n Go in June 2010.

Simply an easy interview. They want someone who is good with customers and who knows how to sell. Must sound trust worthy and friendly. Must be able to work as a team. Had to interview with several stores not just one.

Interview Questions
    Around 8 to 10 dollars an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Inglewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go in March 2012.

I applied for the CSR position on 03/07/12. On 03/19/12 I received an email directing me to take a Pre- Employment Assessment. On 03/24/12 I was contacted via email for an interview on 03/27/12. The interview was very easy going it was more of a one on one conversation more than anything. I felt very comfortable the entire time. Today 03/28/12 I accepted an offer for employment. I start just as soon as the background check clears.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a typical day for you in your last position.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when someone asked you to do something that wasn't right.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

I applied in person by walking into the store with my resume. I spoke with the store manager and took the assesment test the very same day. About 2 weeks later, the manager called me at home to ask me if I had heard anything back yet. I had not. About a week after that, I was called in for an interview with the District Director. After the interview, I was called about a week later with a start date. They don't do paper applications anymore, now its all done through Taleo, and the process depends on the district directors attentiveTeness.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something. What techniques did you use?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating involved

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Check 'n Go.

I first filled out the application on line and the next day the store manager called me. We set up an interview for the next day. The interview was like any other. She asked questions from a booklet that I assume every potential new hire is asked. Questions like: How would you handle an unsatisfied customer? Was there anytime in a previous job that you were not able to finish a task asked of you? Why didn't you finish? Like I said the questions are pretty simple. After that she just asked me a a little about myself and that was the end of the interview. She said our DDO should be calling me soon to continue the interview process with a phone interview. The DDO called me later that evening and again asked me questions like : How would you handle a past due account? What would you say to the customer? and we kinda role played with him being the customer. It was very short and sweet. He told me to check my email and complete the skills test. He then told me I should be hearing from another manager for my third interview. She called me the next day and again asked questions on how I would deal with certain situations. It seemed like she was just trying to get to know me a little more. The next day the DDO called me and offered me the position and emailed me some paper work to fill out and send back. He went over my salary and said it would take a little while for my background check to go through. About a week or so later I got called and and told when my first day would be.

Interview Questions

Worked for Check 'n Go? Contribute to the Community!