Check 'n Go

2.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go in September 2014.

I applied online for a part-time CSR position and received an email a few days later about taking an online assessment. About a week or so later, I received another email about scheduling an interview.

A week after that, I went in to the interview and met with the Hiring manager. She was incredibly sweet and friendly. Everything went well but the only downfall was the hours they were looking to fill. You pretty much have to have an open agenda and fill in whenever they needed you, roughly about 15-20 hours a week, some opening shifts and some closing. Not flexible with your schedule AT ALL and not even willing to consider it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a stressed guest.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
  • What are some of your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you couldn't complete all of your tasks and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you've had to work against your company policy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Check 'n Go

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Check 'n Go in July 2014.

The interview went really well. Even though I had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the interview, I remained positive that it might work out. On my way there, the manager called and delayed my interview but I was already 45 min. into my drive there. So I was stuck in another city for 6 hours because I didn't want to drive back home. Anyway, I DID NOT get the job. I am disappointed, a lot of energy feels wasted and I felt led-on by the manager interviewing me. PLUS, this store has a robbery problem from what I have read and heard, and ZERO SECURITY. So, my advice is unless you REALLY want to work for Check n' Go, do not waste your valuable time. It also took 8 days to find out whether or not they chose me after the interview. I received an completely impersonal e-mail saying they did not choose me after interviewing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go in April 2014.

The store I interviewed at had glass to protect CSR's from danger, but was the only store having such. My 1st interview was very poor and the Manager was fired before I actually started. Information that I was told during the interview was not what the final outcome is. Management is made up of managers that have worked together in another company before coming to CNG. This limits what others can do because of favoritism. They fail to tell you that you will be working long hours solo, sometimes without breaks or lunch.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    There was no negotiations, simply a proposal sent via email. When I discussed my proposal with the interview manager, she never replied and was fired before I started employment. I suggest getting all details in writing before accepting employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

The DM was very " convincing " about understanding my concerns and beliefs but it was a massive lie just to get me in the door!

Interview Questions
    • will you be able to work as an Assistant Manager if need be?   View Answer
    I would be able to work part time and get more hours if I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Check 'n Go in June 2013.

I applied online about 6 months ago. However, they were constantly changing district managers and they somehow lost track of their applicants. I emailed the district manager and she sent me an assessment, after passing that, she forwarded my application to a local DO. The interview went really good. She offered me the job on the spot. However, I declined the offer after finding out that I had to do "road side" marketing. Which means, when theres nothing to do, you have to hold a sign at the corner of the street to market check n go.

There was no way a college graduate like me would do that lol.

Interview Questions
    • none. It was easy. just be prepared. Know who you are.   Answer Question

Road side marketing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go in April 2013.

I was called by a BM to come in for a interview. Went to interview and was asked for a resume which I already had provided on their website for the 10 plus positions I had applied for. He seemed not to be enlightened about it... He had no information pulled up for me no copy of the application.. nothing! He had a blank note pad and asked me questions off the top of his head.. He had told me some of the job descriptions. And a couple stood out to me as safty hazards... Such as running the office alone, because some days I would have to let the manger have a day off.. Meaning getting paid for non-management pay to do management duties. Another that stood out was the had no.one to put up their money for them and you had to use your own vehicle to drop money off at the bank.. Red Flag for me!! BM .said I should hear something from him within next couple days... Welp days have turned in to months and no offer but I had already anticipated on rejecting the job offer due to the dangers of the job it self. But the professional thing to do as far as for him was to have at least contacted me to let me know they decided to move with other candidates instead of welp she'll get the message since I didn't call.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward with all of the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

The hiring and interview process is pretty easy. You go in with a resume. You email your resume first to a manager or Director. In come in for an interview and it is an honest interview. They tell you what they need, details on expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you bring additional business into the local store.s   View Answer
    Not much negotiation, but definitely try.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go in March 2012.

I applied for the CSR position on 03/07/12. On 03/19/12 I received an email directing me to take a Pre- Employment Assessment. On 03/24/12 I was contacted via email for an interview on 03/27/12. The interview was very easy going it was more of a one on one conversation more than anything. I felt very comfortable the entire time. Today 03/28/12 I accepted an offer for employment. I start just as soon as the background check clears.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a typical day for you in your last position.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when someone asked you to do something that wasn't right.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go in June 2010.

Simply an easy interview. They want someone who is good with customers and who knows how to sell. Must sound trust worthy and friendly. Must be able to work as a team. Had to interview with several stores not just one.

Interview Questions
    Around 8 to 10 dollars an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go in November 2009.

I went to fill out the application took the test for assessment and math had my interview 3 days later at another store I did not apply for manager was very nice and helpful after 3wks of training I was good to go

Interview Questions
    • To call out the numbers of everything that was done for the day or even week   Answer Question
    negotiating was on the pay all the work and they want to pay you $9