Check 'n Go Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go (Long Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume on Indeed and received an immediate reply to finish an online application from the DM. Online application included personal information, employment history, education history, math assessment and personality assessment. As soon as I finished the application I emailed back the DM from the email she sent me. I received an email within a few hours asking to come in for an interview the next day. I went in for an interview the next day and she said she would look over the applications and contact me if they were interested. I got an email with an offer, contract including pay wage, and consent for background check the following Monday. I accepted the offer and am now waiting for the background check to clear. Process took a total of 3 days from sent application to offer. Now an additional few days to a week for the background check to clear.

Interview Questions

• What is the most amount of money you have handled on a work shift?   Answer Question
  • Are you able to relocate or travel to different locations while working? What is the farthest you are able to go (They provided examples of stores they were thinking about)   Answer Question
  • Are you willing to upsell to customers?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle daily changes in the workplace? Changes of policy.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time that you handled an extremely difficult situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Check 'n Go

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go (Providence, RI).

Interview

I applied on Monday and got a call in Wednesday for an interview. I just pretty much showed up and got the job. Manager asked me a couple questions of course but nothing that involved too much thinking. She welcomed me to the business and I started within the next week or two.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start off with the highest amount you can think of and let them negotiate with you.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go in January 2015.

Interview

One on One with District Supervisor, it as about 45 minutes long. She asked lots of questions and doodled my responses. She was friendly but stumbled over her words a lot as if she were more nervous than I.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses, Strong points, How to you handle telling people "NO"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a q/a sort of interview, with the why, when, who format. It was a nice and easy interview process as well, I was only interviewed by one manager.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go (Fresno, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time CSR position and received an email a few days later about taking an online assessment. About a week or so later, I received another email about scheduling an interview. A week after that, I went in to the interview and met with the Hiring manager. She was incredibly sweet and friendly. Everything went well but the only downfall was the hours they were looking to fill. You pretty much have to have an open agenda and fill in whenever they needed you, roughly about 15-20 hours a week, some opening shifts and some closing. Not flexible with your schedule AT ALL and not even willing to consider it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a stressed guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you couldn't complete all of your tasks and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you've had to work against your company policy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Check 'n Go in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went really well. Even though I had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the interview, I remained positive that it might work out. On my way there, the manager called and delayed my interview but I was already 45 min. into my drive there. So I was stuck in another city for 6 hours because I didn't want to drive back home. Anyway, I DID NOT get the job. I am disappointed, a lot of energy feels wasted and I felt led-on by the manager interviewing me. PLUS, this store has a robbery problem from what I have read and heard, and ZERO SECURITY. So, my advice is unless you REALLY want to work for Check n' Go, do not waste your valuable time. It also took 8 days to find out whether or not they chose me after the interview. I received an completely impersonal e-mail saying they did not choose me after interviewing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go in April 2014.

Interview

The store I interviewed at had glass to protect CSR's from danger, but was the only store having such. My 1st interview was very poor and the Manager was fired before I actually started. Information that I was told during the interview was not what the final outcome is. Management is made up of managers that have worked together in another company before coming to CNG. This limits what others can do because of favoritism. They fail to tell you that you will be working long hours solo, sometimes without breaks or lunch.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, simply a proposal sent via email. When I discussed my proposal with the interview manager, she never replied and was fired before I started employment. I suggest getting all details in writing before accepting employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The DM was very " convincing " about understanding my concerns and beliefs but it was a massive lie just to get me in the door!

Interview Questions

• will you be able to work as an Assistant Manager if need be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would be able to work part time and get more hours if I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Check 'n Go (Riverside, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online about 6 months ago. However, they were constantly changing district managers and they somehow lost track of their applicants. I emailed the district manager and she sent me an assessment, after passing that, she forwarded my application to a local DO. The interview went really good. She offered me the job on the spot. However, I declined the offer after finding out that I had to do "road side" marketing. Which means, when theres nothing to do, you have to hold a sign at the corner of the street to market check n go. There was no way a college graduate like me would do that lol.

Interview Questions

• none. It was easy. just be prepared. Know who you are.   Answer Question

Road side marketing

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go (Allen Park, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

I was called by a BM to come in for a interview. Went to interview and was asked for a resume which I already had provided on their website for the 10 plus positions I had applied for. He seemed not to be enlightened about it... He had no information pulled up for me no copy of the application.. nothing! He had a blank note pad and asked me questions off the top of his head.. He had told me some of the job descriptions. And a couple stood out to me as safty hazards... Such as running the office alone, because some days I would have to let the manger have a day off.. Meaning getting paid for non-management pay to do management duties. Another that stood out was the had no.one to put up their money for them and you had to use your own vehicle to drop money off at the bank.. Red Flag for me!! BM .said I should hear something from him within next couple days... Welp days have turned in to months and no offer but I had already anticipated on rejecting the job offer due to the dangers of the job it self. But the professional thing to do as far as for him was to have at least contacted me to let me know they decided to move with other candidates instead of welp she'll get the message since I didn't call.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward with all of the questions that were asked.   Answer Question