Check 'n Go

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

1.8

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

Management at the district level works quickly to get back to you about your application, talks quickly about opportunities, and after the interview - works quickly to process paperwork to get the ball rolling.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with giving appraisals and performance reviews?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go.

2 interviews: first with the store manager, second with the DDO. First interview went well, store manager was very easy to get along with. Second interview, I was asked things that interviewers are not legally allowed to ask. She asked if I was a mom and went on talking about her children and family life.

Interview Questions

It was extremely low considering that I have over 10 years experience for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go in September 2014.

I applied online for a part-time CSR position and received an email a few days later about taking an online assessment. About a week or so later, I received another email about scheduling an interview.

A week after that, I went in to the interview and met with the Hiring manager. She was incredibly sweet and friendly. Everything went well but the only downfall was the hours they were looking to fill. You pretty much have to have an open agenda and fill in whenever they needed you, roughly about 15-20 hours a week, some opening shifts and some closing. Not flexible with your schedule AT ALL and not even willing to consider it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a stressed guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you couldn't complete all of your tasks and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you've had to work against your company policy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Check 'n Go in July 2014.

The interview went really well. Even though I had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the interview, I remained positive that it might work out. On my way there, the manager called and delayed my interview but I was already 45 min. into my drive there. So I was stuck in another city for 6 hours because I didn't want to drive back home. Anyway, I DID NOT get the job. I am disappointed, a lot of energy feels wasted and I felt led-on by the manager interviewing me. PLUS, this store has a robbery problem from what I have read and heard, and ZERO SECURITY. So, my advice is unless you REALLY want to work for Check n' Go, do not waste your valuable time. It also took 8 days to find out whether or not they chose me after the interview. I received an completely impersonal e-mail saying they did not choose me after interviewing.

District Director of Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

The interview process is extremely detailed but not personal. Everything is don via webcam. Call me old fashioned but I believe a Regional Manager needs to meet their direct reports face to face before making an offer to them.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interviews were all canned, Behavioral based questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. You take what they give or you move on.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

Two interviews, first with a store manager second with the district manager

Interview Questions
    Did not attempt to negotiate original offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go in April 2014.

The store I interviewed at had glass to protect CSR's from danger, but was the only store having such. My 1st interview was very poor and the Manager was fired before I actually started. Information that I was told during the interview was not what the final outcome is. Management is made up of managers that have worked together in another company before coming to CNG. This limits what others can do because of favoritism. They fail to tell you that you will be working long hours solo, sometimes without breaks or lunch.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    There was no negotiations, simply a proposal sent via email. When I discussed my proposal with the interview manager, she never replied and was fired before I started employment. I suggest getting all details in writing before accepting employment.

Manager Interview

Behavior Based Interview - Tell me about a time when....

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

The DM was very " convincing " about understanding my concerns and beliefs but it was a massive lie just to get me in the door!

Interview Questions
    • will you be able to work as an Assistant Manager if need be?   View Answer
    I would be able to work part time and get more hours if I wanted.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

The interview process was simple and informal. The questions basically consisted of past experience and what I liked and disliked about my past employers.

Np negotiation