Check 'n Go Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

1.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go (Providence, RI).

Interview

I applied on Monday and got a call in Wednesday for an interview. I just pretty much showed up and got the job. Manager asked me a couple questions of course but nothing that involved too much thinking. She welcomed me to the business and I started within the next week or two.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start off with the highest amount you can think of and let them negotiate with you.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview

Management at the district level works quickly to get back to you about your application, talks quickly about opportunities, and after the interview - works quickly to process paperwork to get the ball rolling.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with giving appraisals and performance reviews?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go in April 2014.

Interview

The store I interviewed at had glass to protect CSR's from danger, but was the only store having such. My 1st interview was very poor and the Manager was fired before I actually started. Information that I was told during the interview was not what the final outcome is. Management is made up of managers that have worked together in another company before coming to CNG. This limits what others can do because of favoritism. They fail to tell you that you will be working long hours solo, sometimes without breaks or lunch.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, simply a proposal sent via email. When I discussed my proposal with the interview manager, she never replied and was fired before I started employment. I suggest getting all details in writing before accepting employment.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go (Fresno, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time CSR position and received an email a few days later about taking an online assessment. About a week or so later, I received another email about scheduling an interview.

A week after that, I went in to the interview and met with the Hiring manager. She was incredibly sweet and friendly. Everything went well but the only downfall was the hours they were looking to fill. You pretty much have to have an open agenda and fill in whenever they needed you, roughly about 15-20 hours a week, some opening shifts and some closing. Not flexible with your schedule AT ALL and not even willing to consider it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a stressed guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you couldn't complete all of your tasks and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you've had to work against your company policy.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview

2 interviews: first with the store manager, second with the DDO. First interview went well, store manager was very easy to get along with. Second interview, I was asked things that interviewers are not legally allowed to ask. She asked if I was a mom and went on talking about her children and family life.

Interview Questions

It was extremely low considering that I have over 10 years experience for the position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Check 'n Go in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was great. I interviewed with the staore Manager then with the District Manager, the overall experience was great. I also took a math test, but the test seemed simple and I was offered the job within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• i would get difficult customers at times and i had no protection from the customer. An example, if we were to get robbed, we had not protection. The store did not have good security measures in place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Started at 30K

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Check 'n Go in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went really well. Even though I had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the interview, I remained positive that it might work out. On my way there, the manager called and delayed my interview but I was already 45 min. into my drive there. So I was stuck in another city for 6 hours because I didn't want to drive back home. Anyway, I DID NOT get the job. I am disappointed, a lot of energy feels wasted and I felt led-on by the manager interviewing me. PLUS, this store has a robbery problem from what I have read and heard, and ZERO SECURITY. So, my advice is unless you REALLY want to work for Check n' Go, do not waste your valuable time. It also took 8 days to find out whether or not they chose me after the interview. I received an completely impersonal e-mail saying they did not choose me after interviewing.

District Director of Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview

The interview process is extremely detailed but not personal. Everything is don via webcam. Call me old fashioned but I believe a Regional Manager needs to meet their direct reports face to face before making an offer to them.

Interview Questions

• None. Interviews were all canned, Behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. You take what they give or you move on.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Check 'n Go.

Interview

Two interviews, first with a store manager second with the district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate original offer.

Manager Interview

Interview

Behavior Based Interview - Tell me about a time when....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.