Checkers Industrial Safety Products

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Broomfield, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products in January 2010.

Interview Details – One interview

Interview Question – Can you work weekends?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You will work for this little or not work at all

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Broomfield, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was pretty disappointed in the interview overall. The interviewer was dressed so casually that I didn't think that she could really have been in Human Resources. She had on jeans, hiking boots, and some kind of t-shirt or jacket. She didn't really seem to have that much experience. In addition, she was late by about ten minutes. I should have known by her behavior and unprofessional attitude that this would not be the greatest place to work.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

North America Sales Manager Interview

North America Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Checkers Industrial Safety Products in August 2012.

Interview Details – I found the posting on CB and matched their qualifications to the letter. I sent off my resume and cover letter and was called by a third-party recruiter literally within 30 minutes. I phone-screened by the recruiter and he indicated he would immediately forward me to the hiring manager as my skill set and experience made me "a no-brainer" in his words. After nearly two weeks I called the recruiter and basically told him I had other opportunities but really wanted to pursue this position. this motivated the company to phone-interview me and another two weeks later, and again at my prodding I was asked to fly out to their corporate headquarters in Broomfield CO. I was given pretty short notice and had to scramble to get time off from my current position. The first face-to-face went fairly smooth. We had what I thought was tremendous synergy and I left feeling pretty good. the next step was a final interview which ended up taking ANOTHER two weeks and AGAIN was scheduled with little advance. I flew back to Colorado and though the recruiter and I spoke the evening before and the morning OF the interview he still managed to give me the wrong show time and I arrived an hour late. this cost me time with one of the FIVE people I had to interview with, mostly one-on-one. I had been told all along that I was basically the ONLY candidate given my "perfect match"... but on the morning of the final interview I was told by the SAME recruiter that I was now one of two candidates (he supplied both) and that "either one of you could walk away with an offer". So after prodding twice to move the process along, after TWO short-notice flights to Colorado and after being given the wrong start time for the final interview I went back home and waited..... and waited.... and waited.... Seems they were too busy to make a decision. After 3 weeks I was unceremoniously called by the recruiter and was told they had decided to not make a decision and start the process over again at a leter time. I was asked if I would be interested in revisiting the process.. Are you KIDDING ME?? This was perhaps the most unprofessional vetting process I've ever been a part of. I was made to jump through hoops, had to continually push for movement and after 3 months was told they've decided to hold off for now and start over later.

Interview Question – From the recruiter - "They've decided to hold off for now on making an offer or decision. they would like to basically start the search over at a later date. Would you be interested in reapplying?"   View Answer

Worked for Checkers Industrial Safety Products? Contribute to the Community!