Checkpoint Systems

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.6

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Checkpoint Systems.

At the time I worked for them, it was a standard interviewing process. Was referred via a friend, had a phone interview. Met with 2 layers of management, a background check and was offered the position.

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Checkpoint Systems.

The interview was pretty terrible. I met the Area Manager in a dirty diner in the backwoods of South Carolina for an interview over coffee. I thought it was terribly unprofessional. Aside from that, it was a pretty standard interview. Nothing unusual or exciting to report. I do remember that he didn't pick up the tab for the coffee.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorofare, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorofare, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Checkpoint Systems in December 2009.

The retained recruiter talked to me for about half an hour and recommended me to meet the leadership at the HQ in NJ. I flew into PHL and got to my interview site approx 40 minutes early, I was asked to fill out its application, background release and other forms (a good sign you'd think) but eventually started my meeting a half hour late. I then met the VP of HR who explained to me the values that CHK represents and where it is going. This was all very good to hear and it was a commendable job. Many behavioral questions were asked which were pretty routine...this meeting was about an hour. Happy exchanges (really good chemistry) upon the hand-off to the VP of Procurement whom I might report to......Questions were straight forward but this person seemed hard to read and not as personable as one would wish for...anyway upon my turn to ask questions I asked about how the Sourcing team might evolve and in the future how might the person holding this position grow within the company ------ sensible question? Well the answer was that this person could report directly to the CEO and that he (the VP of Procurement) would just go away and do something else. all righty then ----- no further questions ---- Interview over. I got feedback from the recruiter that the chemistry was just not right...pretty accurate.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Checkpoint Systems in March 2008.

The gentleman who interviewed me was very polite. But somebody was making faces at him outside the window, cracking him up. I have no idea what that was about. He apologized for it though. Wanted to know how I spend my time on weekends, do I go to clubs?

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

HR interview, 4 hours of written technical that must be typed, orientation session at company site, personality test, LEGO testing for evaluating your teamwork ability, comprehensive exam to figure out your problem resolving ability, and finally, technical interview with managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Checkpoint Systems.

1. Very short phone interview.
    2. Full day programming "live" test (you need to fix and add functionality to a virtual firewall).
    3. Interview with the team leader.
    4. Interview with the group manager.
    5. Interview with HR representative.

I declined the first salary on the spot stating that it isn't an improvement of my current salary.
    They got back to me a few days later with higher offer that I accepted.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Checkpoint Systems in August 2010.

Basic behavioural questions.

Directeur Développement Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Checkpoint Systems in January 2009.

Il a tout d'abord fallu envoyer un CV en réponse à une petite annonce.

Suite à une pré-selection parmi un certain nombre de candidats, j'ai continué mes démarches et me suis rendu à des entretiens avec les ressources humaines, mon futur responsable et le responsable pays.

Fist of all, you send your resume by answering to standard ad.
    After preselection amongst a number of candidates, I have applied and went to an interview to HR, future manager and Country Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Où vous voyez-vous dans cinq ans?   Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now.   View Answer
    Correcte. C'était flexible à l'époque mais ce n'est plus le cas désormais en raison des restrictions de coût.