Cheddar's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

1.8

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheddar's (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Met with an asst. manager for the first interview then was called back a couple days later to meet the GM. He let me become a Server even though I only applied to be a busser!

Interview Questions

• What are some things that an employer should expect out of their employee?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheddar's in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. We sat down in the restaurant and I was basically asked a bunch of questions about my character, and what I thought about the restaurant. I was even asked about my favorite food there, so just keep that in mind. The manager was very friendly and I didn't have any problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheddar's (Pasadena, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Rather simple. Went on the interview, a rather broad one, and had a one-to-one conversation, which went well, that lead to a second interview, a more in depth one, where they hired me at the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you lost credibility with someone and had to gain it back?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to have a good relationship with the other workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheddar's (Orlando, FL).

Interview

New store opening. Filled out app online, call back next morning, went in for interview that week with am assistant manager, asked new to come back for final interview with the general manager, was offered job by GM

Interview Questions

• All questions about yourself, past jobs, and how you handle yourself in certain situations   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

Easy & Manager was very friendly. You may have to go in for several interviews. Manager states its sometimes best when the applicant does not have server experience that way you learn Cheddars way of doing business and not get it crossed with other restaurants way.

BOH Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview, hired. The GM will interview you if he cares. The other management doesn't really do anything in-depth. They just hire bodies. At the end of the day this company is horrible to work for. It is for people that don't know any better, and those who've burned every bridge with society. Look somewhere else for employment.

Negotiation

They tell you what they'll give you. Good luck getting a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheddar's (Tuscaloosa, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

Sit down with General Manager and if they like you, you get hired. The manager also wanted to see how you would respond to questions that they asked. Don't be late. Wear something nice but comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are ways you to a difficult situation and changed it? She also wanted me to introduce myself and say some good qualities and bad qualities.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cheddar's (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply with Cheddar's. The process started off great. However due to the holidays things kept getting moved around. I had an interview on phone and in person at a location several hours away. I was called and offered a position in an area I was not interested in. They then took almost another month to schedule an interview in another location which the interview went very well. I was told I would make you an offer today but your money is too high so we have to discuss it. Then almost another month later I get turned down because "I was not a good fit" You cant figure that out for almost 3 months when everyone you interview with tells you they want you on the team. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cheddar's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge with another manager? What was the situation and how do it turn out?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheddar's.

Interview

It was a very simple and short interview. Basic questions such as, How did you hear about us? Can you see yourself working here? Why did you choose Cheddars? Overall easy questions to answer. No need to stress about this interview.

Interview Questions

• Trick question when they ask how you heard about them, they don't do commercials on TVso don't say on TV   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheddar's (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Took about 1-2 weeks. I came in for an interview, manager was very relaxed and professional which helped ease my nerves. He asked common questions and made small talk. Then showed me the uniform and gave me a tour through the kitchen and by then I knew I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Servers make a base pay of $2.13/hr so there was no negotiation. He did however let me know in the beginning while you are still learning the money isn't that good but once you're comfortable with the job and menu tips increase.