Cheesecake Factory Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very professional, yet very laid back. Assistant Managers/ GMs were very friendly. Made you feel extremely comfortable. 3 interviews all together. Phone, 1:1 then a final 1:1. With the final basically explaining my training. Of deterred me the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could've negotiated but they gave my whatever I put on my job application

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position about a week before receiving a phone call. Over the phone, I was asked a few brief questions in regards to my availability (to come in) and why I wanted to work for the company. I was then asked to come in the following afternoon to be interviewed by the person who interviewed me over the phone, who also happens to be the assistant store manager. She was very friendly in her tone, while also being straight forward, which to me is ALWAYS a good indicator.

Upon meeting with her, I was asked a couple of questions in reference to how you think, almost like a personality test, but with the exception of getting your results. These questions in my opinions were simple to answer, because you have no choice but to be honest - literally. Because based on how you respond to these questions would determine whether or not you were consistent and/or honest. I exchanged responses for about 10-15 minutes, which ended with her setting me up for a second interview the next morning with the store manager.

The following morning, I met up with the store manager, and he was just as wonderful. Well mannered, very laid back but remained professional in the same aspect. It was rather refreshing! He asked me about previous employers, previous duties, and why I left them. Basically explaining to me that he is offering me the position, and then explained the positions to me. I also got to learn a little bit more about how the system is set up

In both interviews, I felt I could relate to both persons, which was wonderful. I think I will greatly enjoy working here! My advice to anyone is to be genuine, honest, and show that you are interested in the company as well as other people.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with someone who was overbearing? How would you approach that person?   Answer Question
    • What are some pros and cons of working at a fast pace?   Answer Question
    • If someone felt that you were overbearing, how you would handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you want me to know about you before we stop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (New Orleans, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emotions and passion?   1 Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Coconut Grove, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

-online application -the next day I took a copy of my resume into the restaurant and asked for a manager -he printed off my online app and interviewed me right then -my second interview is tomorrow -I'm very excited & sure of a positive outcome

Interview Questions

• Why I had a lot of jobs (4 listed on my resume)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied for a serving position but was instead offered a potential cashier position to start off at which is fine, it gives me time to learn the menu!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application, several days later I was called for an interview. I am waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Mesa, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

Walked in to submit a resume. The manager I spoke with called a week later to set up an interview. I came in, and met with the other 2 managers. They talked to each other while I was still there, and offered me a position in the bakery. I took the job, and training started the next week.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were basic interview questions. Easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered employment, I took it