Cheesecake Factory Food Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took about a month to get a call for an interview. Did a quick phone interview, then asked to come in for an interview. Spoke to a manager, followed by an immediate interview with the GM, pretty laid back honestly. Offered a position on the spot.The GM was a really down to earth guy that I felt comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Are you goal oriented, what goal have you set for yourself   1 Answer
  • How would you deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lincolnshire, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

When i arrived to be interviewed i had to wait for 15-20 minutes before someone came to greet me. The questions were basis one,hours and availability, what have you done, or what would you do in a certain situation. i had to meet with another manager after. I was hired. But training was for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in certain situation if a guest has a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When it comes to availability do not say open. Make sure you give yourself a few days off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Redondo Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The online application process seriously took longer than all of my interviews put together! Not even 24 hours after I filled out an application online, I got a call from a manager and she asked me to come in later that day. I was shocked! I had filled out applications to a bunch of other places months ago and had never heard back. When I got there I met up with the same woman who had called me, and her interview was literally only five minutes long! After that, she called over the general manager and he sat down and talked to me for maybe 15 minutes and then hired me on the spot! Both the manager and the general manager were very kind and seemed to really want to get to know me as a person before they made their employment offer.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were simple ones like: Why do you want to work at this Cheesecake Factory or Why did you have to leave your prior employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Syracuse, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied a week prior and got a call back to have an interview. Was hired on the spot. I interviewed with one of the senior managers and they asked me various questions that are normal for a server. Then the general manager came over to ask me more about my personality and what I thought of any experience that I have had of the Cheesecake Factory before.

Interview Questions

• Would you blame someone else for your mistakes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sunrise, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out online. Management calls you for a interview. Just smile and be nice. Don't dress like your going to the gym. They will ask you questions about general knowledge of a restaurant. They will ask you question about past jobs? Bring your own pen. Don't ask to borrow one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Two week training. Have to pass a 360 question test. Have to buy a white shirt, pants, sneakers, belt. Also a tie and pens. They give you two aprons. Everything is white

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Westbury, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

very brief, they were short staffed. Asked a few questions not to hard. Was asked who recommended me and my previous restaurant experience. Was then called back to come into training the following week. Assistant manager hired me.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from previous resturuant experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (West Nyack, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

If you aren't a team player and can't multitask, this job is NOT for you. It is a requirement that you have two years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was an open interview, it was sort of like a job fair type of deal. First come first serve basis and they ask you about your previous employment. The interview process was everywhere not organized. Some people who arrived later, were sent home without an interview. MUST have past experience in the position you are applying for. Asked very basic interview questions, nothing too hard.

Food Server Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2011.

Interview

Came in during the week (make sure it's not a busy time, like Monday or Tuesday around 2ish) Interviewed with the manager and set up another time to meet with the General Manager, everyone was really friendly and easy to talk to.