Cheesecake Factory Food Server Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2012.

Filled out online. Management calls you for a interview. Just smile and be nice. Don't dress like your going to the gym. They will ask you questions about general knowledge of a restaurant. They will ask you question about past jobs? Bring your own pen. Don't ask to borrow one.

Interview Questions
Two week training. Have to pass a 360 question test. Have to buy a white shirt, pants, sneakers, belt. Also a tie and pens. They give you two aprons. Everything is white

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2010.

You sit down with one of the managers or experienced servers and they pass you onto the GM after.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. As long as you are not dumb, and have experience you will pass.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Nyack, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2012.

If you aren't a team player and can't multitask, this job is NOT for you. It is a requirement that you have two years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2010.

Online application and questionnaire. Made it through that and was called in to interview on location. It was a NRO so they were holding mass interviews. A little intimidating but the managers were nice and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2009.

I didn't know there was a personality test portion, so that was a bit odd at first. I had two interviews on the same day. The managers were very nice and the interview was enjoyable (as much as an interview can be).

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2013.

Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Questions
    • If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2013.

The online application process seriously took longer than all of my interviews put together! Not even 24 hours after I filled out an application online, I got a call from a manager and she asked me to come in later that day. I was shocked! I had filled out applications to a bunch of other places months ago and had never heard back. When I got there I met up with the same woman who had called me, and her interview was literally only five minutes long! After that, she called over the general manager and he sat down and talked to me for maybe 15 minutes and then hired me on the spot! Both the manager and the general manager were very kind and seemed to really want to get to know me as a person before they made their employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were simple ones like: Why do you want to work at this Cheesecake Factory or Why did you have to leave your prior employer?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2011.

Came in during the week (make sure it's not a busy time, like Monday or Tuesday around 2ish) Interviewed with the manager and set up another time to meet with the General Manager, everyone was really friendly and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2011.

I first walked in and asked the Hostess if they were hiring. She replied that they were, and then handed me an application and said to sit in the bar area and fill it out. I filled it out completely and then handed it to her, and she went back to get the manager for a 1:1 interview. He was a young looking man, maybe in his late 20s or early 30s. After the initial greeting and handshake, we went to a booth in the corner of the bar area where I had been sitting. He asked me very standard interview questions, and I answered them very promptly, maintaining excellent eye contact. He did seem impressed, and told me he would forward my information to the general manager and he would give me a call within the next few days. I called back twice and eventually was told, flat out, that they didn't have a position available. HOWEVER, I do have a very good friend of mine who just recently graduated from University of Houston and became a manager at another Cheesecake Factory location here in Houston. I asked him over the phone his opinion and he did say that there are certain things Cheesecake Facotry will automatically not hire you for saying in the interview. He did say specifically that when asked why you wish to work for The Cheesecake Factory, ANY MENTION OF MONEY IS AN AUTOMATIC NOT HIRE. He also said that if you are told they will call you to schedule a second interview, rather than setting you up for a specific time to return right there, then it's called a courtesy decline, meaning you did not get an offer at that time but they would still like you to return as a customer so they very respectfully tell you no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2010.

They had me interview with a host. Why have a server interview with a host i really dont know!

Interview Questions

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!