Cheesecake Factory

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2014.

Got a call from front desk manager, came in for an interview, then set up for a second interview with the gm, gm didn't seem to like me said he would call me in 12-24 hrs since he was still "reviewing applications"

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, what was a time you went above and beyond for a customer, how important are rules. you also ask them questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Front Desk Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2013.

I applied online a few days later I got a call and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with one of the managers, and was then passed on to the GM, and was offered a position at the Front Desk.

Interview Questions
    I was able to work nights because I already had a day job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2010.

Came in and applied and they interviewed me the same day. One of the managers asked me around 20 question, to see how I would react on certain scenarios. After the interview they told me to show up for orientation the next day.

The General Manager offered me an hourly rate and since it was my first job and I was naive I accepted.

Front Desk Host Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2011.

When into apply and got an interview with one of the managers right there. The interview went really well, he was an extremely nice guy and made me feel really comfortable asked me questions like; how would you provide customer service? what would you do if a customer freaked out on you?. Then I was told to come in for another interview, so I came in and they didn't have enough time for me so I have to come back in a few days. Come back and I met with another manager this time a woman, extremely nice and she gave me a personality test. It was so easy just questions like; are you detailed oriented? do you believe you learn something new each day and if so what?. The interview when well then I had to wait an hour for the GM to come in. The GM's interview was extremely hard he asked questions like; have you ever done something wrong and got away with it? what do you know about the cheesecake factory? why do you want to work in hospitality? why do you want to work here? what do you aspect from us if you were hired? (this one caught me so off guard). He was really formal and not very friendly unlike the other interviews.

Front Desk Host Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2010.

There were three seperate days for this interview. The first day was with one of the managers who just talked to you about your resume and what position(s) you were applying for. If he liked you enough he would invite you back for a second day. On the second day you met with him again and answered questions about how you work in different environments and how you would handle situations. This was an hour long interview. After the interview he would write up an assessment about what kind of worker you would be and take it to the rest of the managers and the GM. If they approved you would then meet with the GM to again go over your resume and the kind of work that would be best suited for you. At the conclusion of this interview they will tell you what position they're considering you for (I interviewed for one but was offered another) and that they will call you in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember specifically but it is vrey detailed about the type of worker you are/will be.   Answer Question
    The only type of negotiations you really are able to do is what days you work and when you work. They have a minimum number of shifts that you need to work each week,