Cheesecake Factory

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tukwila, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Henderson, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online that was very confusing and has tests that have nothing to do with the job. I then got a call and was interviewed over the phone and then asked to come in for another interview. I went to the interview and the person that was supposed to be interviewing me wasn't even there. I waited and was then interviewed by another manager and asked to come back for another interview. Finally i was offered the job.

Interview Question – There was a lot of mathematical testing. It was unexpected because I am a host and don;t have to use math at all.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried negotiating but there wasn't even a discussion.

Interviewed at Cheesecake Factory

Interview Details – Application process is long. You apply online and someone will call you if they are interested. First, I went in and they manager was extremely nice and seemed like she wanted to help me get the job right away. They told me to apply online and call their hiring manager. They scheduled an interview for the next day. I ended up waiting for about an hour before they found time to interview me. But, the servers, hosts, and other managers were extremely nice and continued to ask me if I wanted anything to eat or drink. I was finally interviewed. It was pretty standard. They scheduled a second interview on the spot, but I ended up declining the next day.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – I had two different interviews. The first was about twenty minutes with a manager who then scheduled another interview with him and the GM. The next interview lasted about an hour. It was mostly behavioral questions such as What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.).

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cheesecake Factory

Interview Details – Easy interview. Was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – the interview was very relaxed and easygoing. i was asked the routine interview questions, and the managers we're very friendly, and made me feel comfortable during my interview.

Interview Question – WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – THERE WAS NO NEGOTIATION PHASE

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online then a couple weeks later received a call and was asked to come in I went to the interview. It was just basic questions like why do you want to work here.

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – he just told me it was going to be $8.50 per hour.

Friendswood, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out an application. They will call you and interview you on the telephone. If they like you, they will ask you to come in for an interview. After the face-to-face interview (if they are still considering you for the position), you will have one more final interview with the boss. At that time, he should let you know if you are hired. If he says that he will call you and let you know, you more than likely didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I wanted to earn. No negotiation.

Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2011.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked for an application. I was told if I waited I could talk to a manager on the spot. After handing in my application the manager on duty told me that the hiring manager for the hostesses wasn't working at that time, so he invited me to come back the next day for an official interview. After about five minutes I could tell that the manager wasn't interested in me. He explained that he had to ask me these weird questions where my answers had to range from something like.... less likely to most likely. It was weird and he didn't ask me any questions about myself or how I would enhance this job position. Overall it was a waste of time.

Interview Question – How likely are you to lose patience with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a huge hiring process because it was a new branch. I knew someone so I got an early interview. Then an hour later I had another one, where they basically offered me the job. It was very laid back and easy.

Interview Question – How would you describe the sentence, "it's not my job"?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didnt negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cheesecake Factory

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheesecake Factory Hostess interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cheesecake Factory employees and interview candidates.