Cheesecake Factory Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Willow Grove, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The application required a personality test and a speed test which included SAT-type questions. I sent in the application and got a call from a manager about 4-5 days later. I was looking for a second part-time summer job and their posting said seasonal and summer so I thought it would be perfect for me. Anyway, I drove a half hour for my interview to talk to a manager for 5 minutes who asked me only two questions. Don't get me wrong, he was very friendly, but the interview was rushed and you could tell he either already had someone else in mind to hire or just was not interested in hiring me. Everything he said had a negative connotation such as "Oh so you don't have any upscale casual dining experience" and "We usually don't hire only for the summer" and "We're interviewing 40-50 applicants for 4-5 positions". Everything he said made me realize he was not interested. I wish they would have just called me and told me they were not interested because it was blatantly obvious. It would have saved me a half an hour up and back to get there and all the time I spent researching the company. It was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself... what are your goals for the future?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the Cheesecake Factory website. The Cheesecake Factory took 2 weeks to to call me and tell me I got an interview. When I arrived I informed the hostess on duty I was there for an interview, waited for about 20 minutes. The interview was a one on one interview at one of the tables in the restaurant. Then a week after my interview I received a call from the man who did my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the Cheesecake Factory?
      What can you bring to the Cheesecake Factory?
      When are you able to work?
      What are the job requirements for a hostess?
      On a scale of 1 to 10 how well do you with others, how about under pressure?
      Also just general questions about yourself

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Dulles, VA).

Interview

At first I had to apply online and within 5 days i got a call from one of the head managers, i had a small interview over the phone then was asked to come in when convenient since i was away at university. I mad an appointment and the interview was about 5 minuets and i got the job on the spot then had to go in within the next few days to start an orientation and training process

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and this man named Joe called me the next day! I was so excited to have an interview with them because I had heard so many amazing stories about the place. I went into the cheesecake factory and waited an hour and 30 minutes but eventually I had to leave. They had another girl applying for my spot as well and a lot of the employees had already known her so they would talk to her and continue to reassure her that she was getting it and that it was just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Henderson, NV) in September 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online that was very confusing and has tests that have nothing to do with the job. I then got a call and was interviewed over the phone and then asked to come in for another interview. I went to the interview and the person that was supposed to be interviewing me wasn't even there. I waited and was then interviewed by another manager and asked to come back for another interview. Finally i was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of mathematical testing. It was unexpected because I am a host and don;t have to use math at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried negotiating but there wasn't even a discussion.

Hostess Interview

Interview

Application process is long. You apply online and someone will call you if they are interested. First, I went in and they manager was extremely nice and seemed like she wanted to help me get the job right away. They told me to apply online and call their hiring manager. They scheduled an interview for the next day. I ended up waiting for about an hour before they found time to interview me. But, the servers, hosts, and other managers were extremely nice and continued to ask me if I wanted anything to eat or drink. I was finally interviewed. It was pretty standard. They scheduled a second interview on the spot, but I ended up declining the next day.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I had two different interviews. The first was about twenty minutes with a manager who then scheduled another interview with him and the GM. The next interview lasted about an hour. It was mostly behavioral questions such as What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Interview

Easy interview. Was offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (White Plains, NY).

Interview

the interview was very relaxed and easygoing. i was asked the routine interview questions, and the managers we're very friendly, and made me feel comfortable during my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

THERE WAS NO NEGOTIATION PHASE