Cheesecake Factory

2.0

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2013.

I filled out an application online that was very confusing and has tests that have nothing to do with the job. I then got a call and was interviewed over the phone and then asked to come in for another interview. I went to the interview and the person that was supposed to be interviewing me wasn't even there. I waited and was then interviewed by another manager and asked to come back for another interview. Finally i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of mathematical testing. It was unexpected because I am a host and don;t have to use math at all.   View Answer
    I tried negotiating but there wasn't even a discussion.

Hostess Interview

Application process is long. You apply online and someone will call you if they are interested. First, I went in and they manager was extremely nice and seemed like she wanted to help me get the job right away. They told me to apply online and call their hiring manager. They scheduled an interview for the next day. I ended up waiting for about an hour before they found time to interview me. But, the servers, hosts, and other managers were extremely nice and continued to ask me if I wanted anything to eat or drink. I was finally interviewed. It was pretty standard. They scheduled a second interview on the spot, but I ended up declining the next day.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I had two different interviews. The first was about twenty minutes with a manager who then scheduled another interview with him and the GM. The next interview lasted about an hour. It was mostly behavioral questions such as What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Easy interview. Was offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

the interview was very relaxed and easygoing. i was asked the routine interview questions, and the managers we're very friendly, and made me feel comfortable during my interview.

THERE WAS NO NEGOTIATION PHASE

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2012.

I applied online then a couple weeks later received a call and was asked to come in I went to the interview. It was just basic questions like why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions
    he just told me it was going to be $8.50 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2012.

Fill out an application. They will call you and interview you on the telephone. If they like you, they will ask you to come in for an interview. After the face-to-face interview (if they are still considering you for the position), you will have one more final interview with the boss. At that time, he should let you know if you are hired. If he says that he will call you and let you know, you more than likely didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what I wanted to earn. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2011.

I walked in and asked for an application. I was told if I waited I could talk to a manager on the spot. After handing in my application the manager on duty told me that the hiring manager for the hostesses wasn't working at that time, so he invited me to come back the next day for an official interview. After about five minutes I could tell that the manager wasn't interested in me. He explained that he had to ask me these weird questions where my answers had to range from something like.... less likely to most likely. It was weird and he didn't ask me any questions about myself or how I would enhance this job position. Overall it was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • How likely are you to lose patience with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

I was asked a serious of questions such as:
    1. Why do you want this job?
    2. What was something challenging for you in a previous job?
    3. When was a time your boss was proud of you? Explain in detail
    4. How do you think you would thrive working in this kind of environment?

Interview Questions

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!