Cheesecake Factory

141 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Office Interview

Corporate Office

I applied online and interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – Interview process was very quick, found recruiter and HR to initially be very friendly and outgoing. Was not given an offer, was told a timeline that was not followed for a decision, but the worst was despite asking both recruiter and hiring manager for feedback on decision, was completely ignored. No return call or email.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable working for an extremely demanding person. Interview overall was very easy, no overly difficult questions.   Answer Question

OST Interview

OST
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2012.

Interview Details – Be open and honest. Be sure to answer all questions without saying um. When you go in be direct, dressed well, and articulate. Smile and just be yourself. Ask questions pertaining to the job you are applying for and be knowledgeable about the company. There is a lot of information out there about Cheesecake and that will be a way to let them know you are interested in the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came back for a second interview a few days later with GM and was hired at the end of the meeting.

Server Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Baker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Question – Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Interview Details – Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Host Interview

Host

Interviewed at Cheesecake Factory

Interview Details – I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out online. Management calls you for a interview. Just smile and be nice. Don't dress like your going to the gym. They will ask you questions about general knowledge of a restaurant. They will ask you question about past jobs? Bring your own pen. Don't ask to borrow one.

Interview Question – It's pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Two week training. Have to pass a 360 question test. Have to buy a white shirt, pants, sneakers, belt. Also a tie and pens. They give you two aprons. Everything is white

Building Mechanic Interview

Building Mechanic
Battleboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview. Asking about how would handle certain situations and your current work experience. The interview starts off pretty serious, but if you are good with interviews, you will have no problem. Just have confidence and the topics you talk about, make sure you actually know what you are talking about.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Front Desk Host Interview

Front Desk Host

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online a few days later I got a call and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with one of the managers, and was then passed on to the GM, and was offered a position at the Front Desk.

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to work nights because I already had a day job.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Interview Details – They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emotions and passion?   View Answer
  • What does it take to be a leader?   View Answer
  • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   View Answer

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!