Cheesecake Factory

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.5

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

stress importance of people, profit, and culture. refer to specific examples. Mentoring, love to teach others, etc.

Interview Questions
    • questions about "how____ you are?' 1-10   View Answer
    internal, so no negotiation

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Scheduled a phone interview through a recruiter. The cheesecake representative did not call at the scheduled time. Reset time with recruiter for another day, and cheesecake rep cancelled it half an hour before scheduled time and rescheduled for later that evening, then did not call that evening. Reset interview again with recruiter, and finally got interview the following week. Agent was rather rude, non-apologetic, and personality free.

Corporate Office Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview process was very quick, found recruiter and HR to initially be very friendly and outgoing. Was not given an offer, was told a timeline that was not followed for a decision, but the worst was despite asking both recruiter and hiring manager for feedback on decision, was completely ignored. No return call or email.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working for an extremely demanding person. Interview overall was very easy, no overly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Questions
    • Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between emotions and passion?   View Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   View Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   View Answer

Baker Interview

Three interview process. Phone, Assistant Manger, then General Manager. They did call references. Easy interviews though, completed over two days.

Was told I could move to higher paying positions quickly.