Cheesecake Factory

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2010.

They had a brief first interview and then called a few days later wanting a second interview. The second was very long and they asked many strange questions like: "Does your life matter?" After that long process they said I had a final interview with the GM. I had to go there three seperate times! For a server job! Then the GM interviewed my for about 4 mins and your barely make eye contact and then never called. Waste of my time and money! Very unpleasant and they treat people like they have all the time and money in the world to waste on them. Uhh.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in July 2012.

Starts with your resume, then you get a phone call to set up a phone call then the phone call and after that you get the live interview.

Interview Questions
    • I always hate the how much do you want to get paidl. its a bad situation, ask for too much no dice. ask for too little they feel u arent worth anythign   View Answer
    no negotiation, pretty much here it is yes or no

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

3 interview process. First interview was a phone interview through which I had to convince the General Manager I was worth interviewing in person. Second interview was with a different manager. Questions such as "how positive are you" were asked. This is definitely importance as no one wants to work with a grumpy co worker. Also, they seemed interested to really get to know you to see if you'd be a good match for the company. I don't want to give too much detail because then it'd be easy to fake your way into the door. Personally, I only want to work with other people who are genuinely positive. Just be honest. If you're a great match, they will hire you. If you aren't a great match, then you're going to hate it here anyway because you can only act for so long.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges you've had to face with your most recent serving job? They do want you to be as specific and detailed as possible. They want to know how much you've already had to put up with before getting to the Cheesecake Factory. Be honest. They know you've had to put up with a lot.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2013.

Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Questions
    • If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   View Answer

Manager of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2013.

Phone screen

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Learning Management Systems?   View Answer

Server Or Bar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2014.

They ask you a lot of questions on what you would do in certain situations, so be prepared for that. That are looking for young adults to work, I saw no one at the interviews for a new cheesecake factory in bayshore ny, over 30.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most cautious thing you would do in a situation? No clue, because I really didn't understand the question on what he was trying to ask? Some of the questions were fine & I could give answers, others really made you think, again be prepared. I got the interview because I applied online, then had phone interview, then a one on one. I think the job would be great for a kid who will have the stamina for this kind if training & then working hard for the company. Corporate comes with it's own set of rules, which for a young person, is fine.   Answer Question

Too corporate for my taste, 7 days of training and I got a better offer somewhere else on my terms.

OST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2012.

Be open and honest. Be sure to answer all questions without saying um. When you go in be direct, dressed well, and articulate. Smile and just be yourself. Ask questions pertaining to the job you are applying for and be knowledgeable about the company. There is a lot of information out there about Cheesecake and that will be a way to let them know you are interested in the company.

Interview Questions
    I came back for a second interview a few days later with GM and was hired at the end of the meeting.

Steward Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a brief phone interview with two of the Kitchen Managers and it went well enough to be invited to a face to face with him a few days later. The initial face to face was pretty much a get to know each other type meeting and an overview of the position I was applying for. I was asked to come back the next day to meet with the General Manager and Executive Kitchen Manager. This interview was very detailed and in depth. Covered everything from my past employment/experiences, why I wanted to join the CCF, etc...They told me they had to interview some other candidates and if I got the job I would hear back in three days or less. After hearing that, I assumed I didn't get the job but at the end of the third day, The EKM called and offered me the job. Everyone I interview with was very nice and welcoming and really promoted CCF culture and how much their staff are taken care of. Very busy and efficient operation with a strong management core.

Interview Questions
    • One question that was unexpected is "Do you like to cook at home?" If you say yes, expect to tell them the dish and how you prepare it in detail. It took me by surprise since my position has nothing to do with actual cooking or prepping   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I was offered more than I expected and more than what I was originally was told since it was such a demanding position.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

Ad on Craigslist, very lengthy questionnaire, personality test that is over 100 questions that has to be finished right after you begin. A mini IQ kinda test that has a lot of math questions.

Interview Questions
    • During interview was asked how I would handle a disaster at all of the tables I was serving.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between emotions and passion?   View Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   View Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   View Answer