Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

They had a brief first interview and then called a few days later wanting a second interview. The second was very long and they asked many strange questions like: "Does your life matter?" After that long process they said I had a final interview with the GM. I had to go there three seperate times! For a server job! Then the GM interviewed my for about 4 mins and your barely make eye contact and then never called. Waste of my time and money! Very unpleasant and they treat people like they have all the time and money in the world to waste on them. Uhh.

Interview Questions

• Does your life matter?   1 Answer
    • Are you a positive person? Asked over and over....   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Dulles, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Starts with your resume, then you get a phone call to set up a phone call then the phone call and after that you get the live interview.

Interview Questions

• I always hate the how much do you want to get paidl. its a bad situation, ask for too much no dice. ask for too little they feel u arent worth anythign   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, pretty much here it is yes or no

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sacramento, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

3 interview process. First interview was a phone interview through which I had to convince the General Manager I was worth interviewing in person. Second interview was with a different manager. Questions such as "how positive are you" were asked. This is definitely importance as no one wants to work with a grumpy co worker. Also, they seemed interested to really get to know you to see if you'd be a good match for the company. I don't want to give too much detail because then it'd be easy to fake your way into the door. Personally, I only want to work with other people who are genuinely positive. Just be honest. If you're a great match, they will hire you. If you aren't a great match, then you're going to hate it here anyway because you can only act for so long.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges you've had to face with your most recent serving job? They do want you to be as specific and detailed as possible. They want to know how much you've already had to put up with before getting to the Cheesecake Factory. Be honest. They know you've had to put up with a lot.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   1 Answer

Manager of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Learning Management Systems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Pasadena, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I walked in. Interviewed by 2 managers. Was hired on the spot! I love being a server. Had a little bit of time in between before I got the job. Working for this company was something I have always thought about. Who wouldn't want to be a part of Fortune's 100m companies?

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you don't want to be a manager?   1 Answer

Server Or Bar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Babylon, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They ask you a lot of questions on what you would do in certain situations, so be prepared for that. That are looking for young adults to work, I saw no one at the interviews for a new cheesecake factory in bayshore ny, over 30.

Interview Questions

• What is the most cautious thing you would do in a situation? No clue, because I really didn't understand the question on what he was trying to ask? Some of the questions were fine & I could give answers, others really made you think, again be prepared. I got the interview because I applied online, then had phone interview, then a one on one. I think the job would be great for a kid who will have the stamina for this kind if training & then working hard for the company. Corporate comes with it's own set of rules, which for a young person, is fine.   Answer Question

Too corporate for my taste, 7 days of training and I got a better offer somewhere else on my terms.

OST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Be open and honest. Be sure to answer all questions without saying um. When you go in be direct, dressed well, and articulate. Smile and just be yourself. Ask questions pertaining to the job you are applying for and be knowledgeable about the company. There is a lot of information out there about Cheesecake and that will be a way to let them know you are interested in the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I came back for a second interview a few days later with GM and was hired at the end of the meeting.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Very thorough interview process and with the right staff members. They wanted to make sure I was fit from a personality perspective to ensure I can be successful in this culture.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (New Orleans, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emotions and passion?   1 Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   1 Answer