Cheesecake Factory

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2010.

They had a brief first interview and then called a few days later wanting a second interview. The second was very long and they asked many strange questions like: "Does your life matter?" After that long process they said I had a final interview with the GM. I had to go there three seperate times! For a server job! Then the GM interviewed my for about 4 mins and your barely make eye contact and then never called. Waste of my time and money! Very unpleasant and they treat people like they have all the time and money in the world to waste on them. Uhh.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in July 2012.

Starts with your resume, then you get a phone call to set up a phone call then the phone call and after that you get the live interview.

Interview Questions
    • I always hate the how much do you want to get paidl. its a bad situation, ask for too much no dice. ask for too little they feel u arent worth anythign   View Answer
    no negotiation, pretty much here it is yes or no

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

3 interview process. First interview was a phone interview through which I had to convince the General Manager I was worth interviewing in person. Second interview was with a different manager. Questions such as "how positive are you" were asked. This is definitely importance as no one wants to work with a grumpy co worker. Also, they seemed interested to really get to know you to see if you'd be a good match for the company. I don't want to give too much detail because then it'd be easy to fake your way into the door. Personally, I only want to work with other people who are genuinely positive. Just be honest. If you're a great match, they will hire you. If you aren't a great match, then you're going to hate it here anyway because you can only act for so long.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges you've had to face with your most recent serving job? They do want you to be as specific and detailed as possible. They want to know how much you've already had to put up with before getting to the Cheesecake Factory. Be honest. They know you've had to put up with a lot.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2013.

Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Questions
    • If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   View Answer

Manager of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2013.

Phone screen

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Learning Management Systems?   View Answer

Executive Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2012.

One phone interview, almost immediately after sending in resume. Followed by a in person interview with an area director within 1 week. Final Phone interview with Corporate kitchen Manager. Job offer within two weeks of initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep people motivated through busy stressful times.? What incentives are given to keep morale high   Answer Question
    Easy, Offer was in line with expectation.

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2013.

Applied online and got a call back a week later. 1-on-1 interview. Interviewer began with generic experience questions and why I wanted the job. Proceeded the interview with a paper that I had a list of questions that ranged anywhere from leadership questions to scenario questions. I was asked 5 of the questions. If the question is too difficult you can always ask for another one.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer scenario questions and give examples of excellent customer service that you've experienced in the past.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2013.

I was recommended by a friend, and called in one or two days after applying to the restaurant which at the time was still being built. Two interviews, the first was good and the second was terrible. These were my first interviews ever. The first guy was cool, and that interview went pretty well. He asked me why I wanted to work there, if I could handle a 10 hour shift, also about a time when I overcame a tough moment. He said he would call my references and call me back. I got called back by another manager the next day and went in for a second interview. He asked me why I wanted to work there. Then he asked me how I get pumped up, and followed that with "I need someone who..." ...( he couldn't find the word) then I said "is passionate". He told me he couldn't see me doing that. It was the way I talked that made him think that. Then he asked me how I would handle 4 or 5 people telling me what to do at the same time (stress), I told him that it did not affect me because the past few semesters I had taken more units than before and I had done really good. He ended the interview 5 seconds after that. He said he would hold on to my application and call me if anything came up because they are always hiring. I did not like the second interview because the guy was just making assumptions about me and how I would perform on the job. He thought I couldn't be passionate about what I do just because I did not show it in my voice. I regret not asking him how he did it because he was talking with zero passion during the entire interview, not only that, I felt like he was talking down to me. He also assumed that I could not make it because I had not had a job yet.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle four or five people telling you what to do at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2012.

The application process, although extensive, was a great success. I felt thhat it gave me a competitive edge which provided me with confidence upon meeting fo the interview.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

Ad on Craigslist, very lengthy questionnaire, personality test that is over 100 questions that has to be finished right after you begin. A mini IQ kinda test that has a lot of math questions.

Interview Questions
    • During interview was asked how I would handle a disaster at all of the tables I was serving.   View Answer