Cheesecake Factory

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.5

Server Interview

Had a couple interviews within the restaurant. Nothing out of the ordinary.

A lot of those "Tell me about a time when you..." type questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

There is a longish online assessment. The in-person interview was in a restaurant. We walked around the restaurant, met with other managers and staff, and observed the shift. Then there was a food tasting, where we discussed the scratch kitchen. Everything is made in house, so it was a very eye-opening experience.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard interview questions. The food tasting was an interesting experience- make sure you know a bit about the culinary world, even if you are applying for a front of the house position.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Easy interview. Was offered the position on the spot.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I had two different interviews. The first was about twenty minutes with a manager who then scheduled another interview with him and the GM. The next interview lasted about an hour. It was mostly behavioral questions such as What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

You have to stand out to get an interview. You have to present yourself as a person who isn't afraid of people and exuberant. The way that I did this was ask to speak to a manager regarding job availability. This was where I had my opportunity to work my magic.

The interview process in itself wasn't difficult. They asked the basics: Where I grew up, what I did when I was younger, my most influential experiences, what I believe people enjoy, and what the restaurant means to me.

A big tip is to emphasize that the people you serve are guests and that their visit is a restaurant experience; not just a dinner.

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Make sure you research about the company. Doing your homework pays off. Be honest they know a lot about you from the online assessment you take before the interview. You must have a passion for great food and be willing to develop your people to level of expertise. It took about 2 hour for the interview. A small tour of the restaurant and a lunch food tasting of many dishes.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me why I chose this company and what I knew about their culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

2 meetings

none

Hostess Interview

Application process is long. You apply online and someone will call you if they are interested. First, I went in and they manager was extremely nice and seemed like she wanted to help me get the job right away. They told me to apply online and call their hiring manager. They scheduled an interview for the next day. I ended up waiting for about an hour before they found time to interview me. But, the servers, hosts, and other managers were extremely nice and continued to ask me if I wanted anything to eat or drink. I was finally interviewed. It was pretty standard. They scheduled a second interview on the spot, but I ended up declining the next day.

Baker Interview

Three interview process. Phone, Assistant Manger, then General Manager. They did call references. Easy interviews though, completed over two days.

Was told I could move to higher paying positions quickly.

Host Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question