Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

2.5

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2015.

Came in on a Wednesday afternoon, 1st face to face interview, one phone interview. Met with general manager and he explained this would be a short, 10 minute interview to answer a few questions to the best of my knowledge. A
    round of typical restaurant/customers service/server situational questions were asked. It was more a personality examination and to see if you would be a good fit for the company because right there he then extended an offer to me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time where you had a difficult guest and what you did to solve the issue   Answer Question
    Availability and scheduling

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2014.

I applied online and the recruiter called me a few days later and expressed interest in my employment. She gave me a phone interview a week later, then I was given a few tests measuring my intelligence and personality, work ethic and so on. After I passed the tests, I was given an in-person interview and a shift observation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for their salary offer. You either take it or leave it.

Waitress Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

My interview was no longer than 10 minutes. Told the hiring manager about myself and my past experiences. Very simple and easy interview! I was later hired, and joined the earliest training which was super fun and interactive. There is a ton to learn menu wise, but they really try to make this a fun working experience.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in July 2013.

I walked in and they asked to if i applied online which i did and then they scheduled me an interview the very next day. They asked me a couple of questions that was relevant to dishwashing and the team. Answered a couple questions and that was the end of the interview. I got hired after they checked my references.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do for a fellow member who is slacking   View Answer

Baker/Host/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2015.

I applied online and 3 days later I got a call to come in for and interview with the manager. After about a 15 min interview, the manager asked if I could come back for a second interview with the general manager. I ended up coming back and after speaking with the general manager, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the cheesecake factory? Describe previous work experience. How did you deal with an upset customer at your previous job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Very thorough interview process and with the right staff members. They wanted to make sure I was fit from a personality perspective to ensure I can be successful in this culture.

Senior Director Performance Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2011.

Spoke with an very knowledgable internal recruiter to who verified my qualifications and answered my questions about the job and company. I completed an online assessment, met with the person I would report to, and then with the group of people I would be working with. I also presented on a topic related to my new role to the company leaders. The best part was a tour of the office and a local restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Besides standard qualification and behavioral questions, they asked what I thought of the Cheesecake Factory brand (there is a lot of pride here) and if I liked to cook or had a favorite dish. Everyone seems to have a "food experience" story to share, which helps to connect us as a team.   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2015.

Standard process. Talking about your prior experience and situation based questions. Prepare yourself for some regular restaurant server questions and be confident. Pretty straightforward. Interviewed with two managers and one assistant general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me a menu item, scenario based questions such as how did you exceeded a guest's expectations, what would you do if you saw that a plate coming out of a kitchen doesn't look right.   Answer Question

Baker/Host/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Very easy basic questions
    Easy to answer and understand
    They were very helpfull explainning the procces of trainning and orientation,they also offer a nice 100% dinning experience at tine of hiring.they will supply shrits uniforms except for shoes.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2015.

I applied for the position about a week before receiving a phone call. Over the phone, I was asked a few brief questions in regards to my availability (to come in) and why I wanted to work for the company. I was then asked to come in the following afternoon to be interviewed by the person who interviewed me over the phone, who also happens to be the assistant store manager. She was very friendly in her tone, while also being straight forward, which to me is ALWAYS a good indicator.

Upon meeting with her, I was asked a couple of questions in reference to how you think, almost like a personality test, but with the exception of getting your results. These questions in my opinions were simple to answer, because you have no choice but to be honest - literally. Because based on how you respond to these questions would determine whether or not you were consistent and/or honest. I exchanged responses for about 10-15 minutes, which ended with her setting me up for a second interview the next morning with the store manager.

The following morning, I met up with the store manager, and he was just as wonderful. Well mannered, very laid back but remained professional in the same aspect. It was rather refreshing! He asked me about previous employers, previous duties, and why I left them. Basically explaining to me that he is offering me the position, and then explained the positions to me. I also got to learn a little bit more about how the system is set up

In both interviews, I felt I could relate to both persons, which was wonderful. I think I will greatly enjoy working here! My advice to anyone is to be genuine, honest, and show that you are interested in the company as well as other people.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with someone who was overbearing? How would you approach that person?   Answer Question
    • What are some pros and cons of working at a fast pace?   Answer Question
    • If someone felt that you were overbearing, how you would handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you want me to know about you before we stop?   Answer Question