Cheesecake Factory

Average Difficulty
138 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2012.

Interview Details – Sit down with the server manager!

Interview Question – I dont really remember but I answered all my questions honestly and how I would handle certain problems that may occur during a shift.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing ! Got my apron and went to training !

Marina del Rey, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details – When I first entered the restaurant I dressed to impress. I asked the host for an application and I sat in the front to fill the app out. Once I completed it I asked to speak with a manager. It took about 5 minutes for a manager to come and meet me. She interviewed me for about 5-10 min. then had me wait. I then met with another manger who asked me another series of questions. He shook my hand and said they would be in contact if interested. I got a call later that evening to set up a meeting with the GM. I met with the GM the next day and got hired on the spot. I then started training a few days later with a large class of people.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Cheesecake Factory and not another competitor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage plus tips

Server

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

Interview Details – Ad on Craigslist, very lengthy questionnaire, personality test that is over 100 questions that has to be finished right after you begin. A mini IQ kinda test that has a lot of math questions.

Interview Question – During interview was asked how I would handle a disaster at all of the tables I was serving.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Baker Interview

Baker

Interviewed at Cheesecake Factory

Interview Details – Three interview process. Phone, Assistant Manger, then General Manager. They did call references. Easy interviews though, completed over two days.

Negotiation Details – Was told I could move to higher paying positions quickly.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Coconut Grove, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2014.

Interview Details – -online application -the next day I took a copy of my resume into the restaurant and asked for a manager -he printed off my online app and interviewed me right then -my second interview is tomorrow -I'm very excited & sure of a positive outcome

Interview Question – Why I had a lot of jobs (4 listed on my resume)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I applied for a serving position but was instead offered a potential cashier position to start off at which is fine, it gives me time to learn the menu!

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online application and face to face interview with a personality test.

Interview Question – pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sadly, I accepted and long began my journey down the worm hole.

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Tukwila, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Baker
San Juan, PR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in August 2013.

Interview Details – After a bit over a month of applying online, got a call for an interview for a new location opening. Because of my studies in pastry, even though I had years of experience as a server, I was offered a job as a Baker or Dessert Finisher (how the call it in their website). The interview was very short, not too many questions, nothing too difficult. They seem to put a lot of value in the form and test you have to take online when applying for a job.

Interview Question – In what way would my work ethic be of value for the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate for more than what they initially offered because it was more than I even expected to get paid in the first place.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Henderson, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online that was very confusing and has tests that have nothing to do with the job. I then got a call and was interviewed over the phone and then asked to come in for another interview. I went to the interview and the person that was supposed to be interviewing me wasn't even there. I waited and was then interviewed by another manager and asked to come back for another interview. Finally i was offered the job.

Interview Question – There was a lot of mathematical testing. It was unexpected because I am a host and don;t have to use math at all.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried negotiating but there wasn't even a discussion.

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2011.

Interview Details – Since I had applied once before at The Cheesecake Factory, I knew that the hiring for servers is done in large groups and only at certain times of the year. I happened to find a listing and applied again, and soon got a call back. After interviewing with the General Manager, I had another interview that covered the personality test and details on when classes would be and what to wear. Everything went smoothly and it was more difficult than a typical serving job, but not more complicated than other jobs.

Interview Question – What previous management experience do you feel you have?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cheesecake Factory