Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.4

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sarasota, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out the form online just before the weekend. Got a call back on the following Monday asking if I was still interested. Very quick impromptu interview that definitely caught me off guard. Had an actual interview with the Server Manager and the General Manager on Thursday. This took almost an hour and a half. First interview happened fifteen minutes after I was seated. It lasted about ten minutes. Second was forty five minutes later with the GM and lasted about five minutes. Was told they needed to call my references and got a call asking if I wanted to accept the job the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your last place of employment, what three words would they use to describe you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were seated with more than one table?   1 Answer
    • Have you eaten at The Cheesecake Factory before? What is your favorite dish? What is your favorite cheesecake?   Answer Question
    • What was it about a previous dining experience at The Cheesecake Factory that made you decide to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either took it or left it.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. CF called me in for an interview for monday. I came in and sat with the manager who was laid back but straight forward. No redundant questions. No what-would-you-do scenarios.

Lawson Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter. He asked me to fill a survey and which took me about 45 minutes and those surveys are nothing to do with my job application. He never called me back. They used me to fill in the survey. Never applying there again ,

Front Desk Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

They have changed their hiring process since I First applied. They now have you apply online and take an assessment. You should then call the location and see if they are hiring for that position, and let you know you've already filled out your online app. They will then have a phone interview and f2f interview.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had got called in for a interveiw didnt kno who i was talkin to he said im a good match for the position then said he would move on to the next hiring step and gonna call me he never called me yet! and im serv safe cetified.

Interview Questions

• What do you like best about the cheesecake factory??   1 Answer

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Marina del Rey, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an email requesting a phone interview. So, first had the phone interview which was less than 5 minutes. (If applying for the host position, put an emphasis on the fact that you believe hosts should be energetic and happy because you're the first person the customer sees and so you should make that experience pleasant for the customer). Then came in for a second interview with one of the general managers and then a third interview where another manager would determine if they want you.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Why do you want this job? What are important characteristics a host should have? Was there ever a time you couldn't help a customer? And also describe your work experience.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took about a month to get a call for an interview. Did a quick phone interview, then asked to come in for an interview. Spoke to a manager, followed by an immediate interview with the GM, pretty laid back honestly. Offered a position on the spot.The GM was a really down to earth guy that I felt comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Are you goal oriented, what goal have you set for yourself   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the Cheesecake Factory website. The Cheesecake Factory took 2 weeks to to call me and tell me I got an interview. When I arrived I informed the hostess on duty I was there for an interview, waited for about 20 minutes. The interview was a one on one interview at one of the tables in the restaurant. Then a week after my interview I received a call from the man who did my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the Cheesecake Factory? What can you bring to the Cheesecake Factory? When are you able to work? What are the job requirements for a hostess? On a scale of 1 to 10 how well do you with others, how about under pressure? Also just general questions about yourself   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Willow Grove, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The application required a personality test and a speed test which included SAT-type questions. I sent in the application and got a call from a manager about 4-5 days later. I was looking for a second part-time summer job and their posting said seasonal and summer so I thought it would be perfect for me. Anyway, I drove a half hour for my interview to talk to a manager for 5 minutes who asked me only two questions. Don't get me wrong, he was very friendly, but the interview was rushed and you could tell he either already had someone else in mind to hire or just was not interested in hiring me. Everything he said had a negative connotation such as "Oh so you don't have any upscale casual dining experience" and "We usually don't hire only for the summer" and "We're interviewing 40-50 applicants for 4-5 positions". Everything he said made me realize he was not interested. I wish they would have just called me and told me they were not interested because it was blatantly obvious. It would have saved me a half an hour up and back to get there and all the time I spent researching the company. It was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself... what are your goals for the future?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I got an phone interview, and then one with general manager, one with kitchen executive manager. I applied for dishwasher position, but maybe because it's a heavy job for a girl, so they moved me to Prep-cook position.