Cheesecake Factory

2.5

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in August 2013.

After a bit over a month of applying online, got a call for an interview for a new location opening. Because of my studies in pastry, even though I had years of experience as a server, I was offered a job as a Baker or Dessert Finisher (how the call it in their website). The interview was very short, not too many questions, nothing too difficult. They seem to put a lot of value in the form and test you have to take online when applying for a job.

Interview Questions
    • In what way would my work ethic be of value for the company?   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate for more than what they initially offered because it was more than I even expected to get paid in the first place.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2013.

I filled out an application online that was very confusing and has tests that have nothing to do with the job. I then got a call and was interviewed over the phone and then asked to come in for another interview. I went to the interview and the person that was supposed to be interviewing me wasn't even there. I waited and was then interviewed by another manager and asked to come back for another interview. Finally i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of mathematical testing. It was unexpected because I am a host and don;t have to use math at all.   View Answer
    I tried negotiating but there wasn't even a discussion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2011.

Since I had applied once before at The Cheesecake Factory, I knew that the hiring for servers is done in large groups and only at certain times of the year. I happened to find a listing and applied again, and soon got a call back. After interviewing with the General Manager, I had another interview that covered the personality test and details on when classes would be and what to wear. Everything went smoothly and it was more difficult than a typical serving job, but not more complicated than other jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What previous management experience do you feel you have?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2010.

Process has changed since I was hired in 2010. I think everything is done online now and you have to do one of those annoying personality tests that mean nothing in life!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, I really can't remember the questions asked but it was a normal server restaurant interview.   View Answer
    They interviewed me and offered the job. I waited 2 weeks for the class

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

8 years ago to date, I was surprised to be hired. I came in wearing my applebees uniform just hoping to pick up an application and take it home. Only to find them have me fill it out on the spot, sit down and talk to 3 different managers. I was hired on the spot (although I believe it takes 1-2 meetings normally). They had me fill out a typical quiz that gives them ideas about your personality and the work place.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They really just wanted to know about me and why I wanted to be a server at The Cheesecake Factory.   View Answer
    They asked me my hours and that I be available for Sundays.

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2013.

A listing was made on Craigslist for Kitchen Prep positions. Through this listing, I applied on the Cheesecake Factory online website and heard back about 4 days later from the Kitchen Manager. We set up an interview for the next day at 1:30.

Coming to the location, all the workers I met were very friendly. I came early, informed the host about my interview, and the interviewer came out and acknowledged me right on time. He told me to take a seat in the bar area while he got a copy of my application, and a waitress shortly served me a glass of water, let me know my interview would start promptly, and told me to let her know if I preferred anything else than water. Wow- such a professional and friendly vibe, employees are really on top of things here.

Within five minutes, the interviewer came to my table to interview me, accompanied with another person. Neither of these men were the kitchen manager that called me in, but the interviewer was actually the head chef and the man accompanying him was the trainer that was just shadowing the interview so he would where he needed to train me.

It was a relatively short interview, about ten or fifteen minutes, that consisted mostly of simple questions related to previous restaurant experience. The interviewer also was very concerned on the ability to handle fast-paced, high-volume work at all times.

After the interview, the men went to go consult with the Kitchen Manager to make a decision regarding if they will make the next step in the process, which would have been an interview with the Kitchen Manager. The first interviewer returned in about five minutes and let me know that they were very interested in my experience in a bakery, but could not offer me the Kitchen Prep position they were looking to fill because the experience did not relate enough. The interviewer did let me know that if any positions in the bakery or positions that were more applicable to my experience opened up, they would give me a call.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite item you made? And can you please explain how you made it?   View Answer

Salad, Production, and Slicer Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2013.

the hiring process is pretty well set up. you have to take like two interviews when i got hired but i think its a little longer know. but they ask you a lot about your self and where you see yourself years from then. and how do you see your self doing years down the line from working there! next you'll have to go over a video of all the safety procedures and the work environment which is like a hour long. then after you finish that they go over your paper work with you.

Interview Questions
    • where would i see myself doing years down the line threw the company.   View Answer
    to start off at minimum wage and work my way up! its worth it

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2013.

I was recommended by a friend, and called in one or two days after applying to the restaurant which at the time was still being built. Two interviews, the first was good and the second was terrible. These were my first interviews ever. The first guy was cool, and that interview went pretty well. He asked me why I wanted to work there, if I could handle a 10 hour shift, also about a time when I overcame a tough moment. He said he would call my references and call me back. I got called back by another manager the next day and went in for a second interview. He asked me why I wanted to work there. Then he asked me how I get pumped up, and followed that with "I need someone who..." ...( he couldn't find the word) then I said "is passionate". He told me he couldn't see me doing that. It was the way I talked that made him think that. Then he asked me how I would handle 4 or 5 people telling me what to do at the same time (stress), I told him that it did not affect me because the past few semesters I had taken more units than before and I had done really good. He ended the interview 5 seconds after that. He said he would hold on to my application and call me if anything came up because they are always hiring. I did not like the second interview because the guy was just making assumptions about me and how I would perform on the job. He thought I couldn't be passionate about what I do just because I did not show it in my voice. I regret not asking him how he did it because he was talking with zero passion during the entire interview, not only that, I felt like he was talking down to me. He also assumed that I could not make it because I had not had a job yet.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle four or five people telling you what to do at the same time?   Answer Question

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2011.

3 interviews, all in the same day thankfully, with the gm, bakery manager and the front manager. took a little over an 1, started training the following week, which was another week long where we get awesome huge plates of free food, to get familiar with the food and the taste, then at the end of the training we take a test consisting of 100 questions about the food and how to execute yourself deepening on your position, this was the server training.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in five years ( a question i had never actually been asked and so i was caught off guard).   Answer Question
    I had put down 9 dollars an hr, the gm asked if that was the amount i wanted i said yes. Regret it now because it seems i could have negotiated it higher. Someone else in the same position got 10.25 -_-