Cheesecake Factory

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.5

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Questions
    • Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between emotions and passion?   View Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   View Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   View Answer

Baker Interview

Three interview process. Phone, Assistant Manger, then General Manager. They did call references. Easy interviews though, completed over two days.

Was told I could move to higher paying positions quickly.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2014.

-online application -the next day I took a copy of my resume into the restaurant and asked for a manager -he printed off my online app and interviewed me right then -my second interview is tomorrow -I'm very excited & sure of a positive outcome

Interview Questions
    • Why I had a lot of jobs (4 listed on my resume)   View Answer
    I applied for a serving position but was instead offered a potential cashier position to start off at which is fine, it gives me time to learn the menu!

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2014.

Got a call from front desk manager, came in for an interview, then set up for a second interview with the gm, gm didn't seem to like me said he would call me in 12-24 hrs since he was still "reviewing applications"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, what was a time you went above and beyond for a customer, how important are rules. you also ask them questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

8 years ago to date, I was surprised to be hired. I came in wearing my applebees uniform just hoping to pick up an application and take it home. Only to find them have me fill it out on the spot, sit down and talk to 3 different managers. I was hired on the spot (although I believe it takes 1-2 meetings normally). They had me fill out a typical quiz that gives them ideas about your personality and the work place.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They really just wanted to know about me and why I wanted to be a server at The Cheesecake Factory.   View Answer
    They asked me my hours and that I be available for Sundays.

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2013.

A listing was made on Craigslist for Kitchen Prep positions. Through this listing, I applied on the Cheesecake Factory online website and heard back about 4 days later from the Kitchen Manager. We set up an interview for the next day at 1:30.

Coming to the location, all the workers I met were very friendly. I came early, informed the host about my interview, and the interviewer came out and acknowledged me right on time. He told me to take a seat in the bar area while he got a copy of my application, and a waitress shortly served me a glass of water, let me know my interview would start promptly, and told me to let her know if I preferred anything else than water. Wow- such a professional and friendly vibe, employees are really on top of things here.

Within five minutes, the interviewer came to my table to interview me, accompanied with another person. Neither of these men were the kitchen manager that called me in, but the interviewer was actually the head chef and the man accompanying him was the trainer that was just shadowing the interview so he would where he needed to train me.

It was a relatively short interview, about ten or fifteen minutes, that consisted mostly of simple questions related to previous restaurant experience. The interviewer also was very concerned on the ability to handle fast-paced, high-volume work at all times.

After the interview, the men went to go consult with the Kitchen Manager to make a decision regarding if they will make the next step in the process, which would have been an interview with the Kitchen Manager. The first interviewer returned in about five minutes and let me know that they were very interested in my experience in a bakery, but could not offer me the Kitchen Prep position they were looking to fill because the experience did not relate enough. The interviewer did let me know that if any positions in the bakery or positions that were more applicable to my experience opened up, they would give me a call.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite item you made? And can you please explain how you made it?   View Answer