Cheesecake Factory

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between emotions and passion?   View Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   View Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   View Answer

Baker Interview

Three interview process. Phone, Assistant Manger, then General Manager. They did call references. Easy interviews though, completed over two days.

Was told I could move to higher paying positions quickly.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2014.

-online application -the next day I took a copy of my resume into the restaurant and asked for a manager -he printed off my online app and interviewed me right then -my second interview is tomorrow -I'm very excited & sure of a positive outcome

Interview Questions
    • Why I had a lot of jobs (4 listed on my resume)   View Answer
    I applied for a serving position but was instead offered a potential cashier position to start off at which is fine, it gives me time to learn the menu!

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2014.

Got a call from front desk manager, came in for an interview, then set up for a second interview with the gm, gm didn't seem to like me said he would call me in 12-24 hrs since he was still "reviewing applications"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, what was a time you went above and beyond for a customer, how important are rules. you also ask them questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

8 years ago to date, I was surprised to be hired. I came in wearing my applebees uniform just hoping to pick up an application and take it home. Only to find them have me fill it out on the spot, sit down and talk to 3 different managers. I was hired on the spot (although I believe it takes 1-2 meetings normally). They had me fill out a typical quiz that gives them ideas about your personality and the work place.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They really just wanted to know about me and why I wanted to be a server at The Cheesecake Factory.   View Answer
    They asked me my hours and that I be available for Sundays.

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2013.

A listing was made on Craigslist for Kitchen Prep positions. Through this listing, I applied on the Cheesecake Factory online website and heard back about 4 days later from the Kitchen Manager. We set up an interview for the next day at 1:30.

Coming to the location, all the workers I met were very friendly. I came early, informed the host about my interview, and the interviewer came out and acknowledged me right on time. He told me to take a seat in the bar area while he got a copy of my application, and a waitress shortly served me a glass of water, let me know my interview would start promptly, and told me to let her know if I preferred anything else than water. Wow- such a professional and friendly vibe, employees are really on top of things here.

Within five minutes, the interviewer came to my table to interview me, accompanied with another person. Neither of these men were the kitchen manager that called me in, but the interviewer was actually the head chef and the man accompanying him was the trainer that was just shadowing the interview so he would where he needed to train me.

It was a relatively short interview, about ten or fifteen minutes, that consisted mostly of simple questions related to previous restaurant experience. The interviewer also was very concerned on the ability to handle fast-paced, high-volume work at all times.

After the interview, the men went to go consult with the Kitchen Manager to make a decision regarding if they will make the next step in the process, which would have been an interview with the Kitchen Manager. The first interviewer returned in about five minutes and let me know that they were very interested in my experience in a bakery, but could not offer me the Kitchen Prep position they were looking to fill because the experience did not relate enough. The interviewer did let me know that if any positions in the bakery or positions that were more applicable to my experience opened up, they would give me a call.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite item you made? And can you please explain how you made it?   View Answer

Front Desk Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2013.

I applied online a few days later I got a call and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with one of the managers, and was then passed on to the GM, and was offered a position at the Front Desk.

Interview Questions
    I was able to work nights because I already had a day job.

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2013.

Applied online and got a call back a week later. 1-on-1 interview. Interviewer began with generic experience questions and why I wanted the job. Proceeded the interview with a paper that I had a list of questions that ranged anywhere from leadership questions to scenario questions. I was asked 5 of the questions. If the question is too difficult you can always ask for another one.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer scenario questions and give examples of excellent customer service that you've experienced in the past.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2013.

I was recommended by a friend, and called in one or two days after applying to the restaurant which at the time was still being built. Two interviews, the first was good and the second was terrible. These were my first interviews ever. The first guy was cool, and that interview went pretty well. He asked me why I wanted to work there, if I could handle a 10 hour shift, also about a time when I overcame a tough moment. He said he would call my references and call me back. I got called back by another manager the next day and went in for a second interview. He asked me why I wanted to work there. Then he asked me how I get pumped up, and followed that with "I need someone who..." ...( he couldn't find the word) then I said "is passionate". He told me he couldn't see me doing that. It was the way I talked that made him think that. Then he asked me how I would handle 4 or 5 people telling me what to do at the same time (stress), I told him that it did not affect me because the past few semesters I had taken more units than before and I had done really good. He ended the interview 5 seconds after that. He said he would hold on to my application and call me if anything came up because they are always hiring. I did not like the second interview because the guy was just making assumptions about me and how I would perform on the job. He thought I couldn't be passionate about what I do just because I did not show it in my voice. I regret not asking him how he did it because he was talking with zero passion during the entire interview, not only that, I felt like he was talking down to me. He also assumed that I could not make it because I had not had a job yet.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle four or five people telling you what to do at the same time?   Answer Question