Cheesecake Factory

2.5

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2012.

Applied online, got called in, got hired, then trained.

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leawood, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2010.

Came in and applied and they interviewed me the same day. One of the managers asked me around 20 question, to see how I would react on certain scenarios. After the interview they told me to show up for orientation the next day.

The General Manager offered me an hourly rate and since it was my first job and I was naive I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2010.

You sit down with one of the managers or experienced servers and they pass you onto the GM after.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. As long as you are not dumb, and have experience you will pass.   Answer Question

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2013.

Applied online and got a call back a week later. 1-on-1 interview. Interviewer began with generic experience questions and why I wanted the job. Proceeded the interview with a paper that I had a list of questions that ranged anywhere from leadership questions to scenario questions. I was asked 5 of the questions. If the question is too difficult you can always ask for another one.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer scenario questions and give examples of excellent customer service that you've experienced in the past.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application process is long. You apply online and someone will call you if they are interested. First, I went in and they manager was extremely nice and seemed like she wanted to help me get the job right away. They told me to apply online and call their hiring manager. They scheduled an interview for the next day. I ended up waiting for about an hour before they found time to interview me. But, the servers, hosts, and other managers were extremely nice and continued to ask me if I wanted anything to eat or drink. I was finally interviewed. It was pretty standard. They scheduled a second interview on the spot, but I ended up declining the next day.

Hourly Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2013.

Required 2 interviews.

The schedule details did not seem fair. Also was told by current employees that being only late or calling out once was grounds for termination.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

2 meetings

none

Manager of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2013.

Phone screen

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Learning Management Systems?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Nyack, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2012.

If you aren't a team player and can't multitask, this job is NOT for you. It is a requirement that you have two years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2010.

Online application and questionnaire. Made it through that and was called in to interview on location. It was a NRO so they were holding mass interviews. A little intimidating but the managers were nice and easy to talk to.