Cheesecake Factory

2.5

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2013.

I filled out an application online that was very confusing and has tests that have nothing to do with the job. I then got a call and was interviewed over the phone and then asked to come in for another interview. I went to the interview and the person that was supposed to be interviewing me wasn't even there. I waited and was then interviewed by another manager and asked to come back for another interview. Finally i was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of mathematical testing. It was unexpected because I am a host and don;t have to use math at all.   View Answer
    I tried negotiating but there wasn't even a discussion.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2013.

Online screening test that will screen you out if, ie, you have less than 5 years full service experience. Online personality assessment and half business related question assessment (math problems, logic problems). Recruiter interview that wants to ensure you are applying for the "right" reasons (not money). Recruiter will triple check all answers you gave in the screen interview. In person interview with a GM with a 4-5 hour follow of a floor manager - you will seat guests, interact with staff, etc. Be hands on and ask lots of questions. The GM assumes you are qualified if you have made it this far, they are really just gauging your professionalism and personality. Then an interview with an area director. This is where hard questions come in - all your P&L experience, financial knowledge, HR questions, what if scenarios and "what would your staff say about you." If the area director likes you, then a recruiter will contact you and start salary negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Just be consistent in your answers and reasonings.   Answer Question
    They will hardball you on salary- stick to it, they will eventually give you what you ask for. It may take longer though.

Hostess Interview

Application process is long. You apply online and someone will call you if they are interested. First, I went in and they manager was extremely nice and seemed like she wanted to help me get the job right away. They told me to apply online and call their hiring manager. They scheduled an interview for the next day. I ended up waiting for about an hour before they found time to interview me. But, the servers, hosts, and other managers were extremely nice and continued to ask me if I wanted anything to eat or drink. I was finally interviewed. It was pretty standard. They scheduled a second interview on the spot, but I ended up declining the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

2 meetings

none

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in August 2013.

After a bit over a month of applying online, got a call for an interview for a new location opening. Because of my studies in pastry, even though I had years of experience as a server, I was offered a job as a Baker or Dessert Finisher (how the call it in their website). The interview was very short, not too many questions, nothing too difficult. They seem to put a lot of value in the form and test you have to take online when applying for a job.

Interview Questions
    • In what way would my work ethic be of value for the company?   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate for more than what they initially offered because it was more than I even expected to get paid in the first place.

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Make sure you research about the company. Doing your homework pays off. Be honest they know a lot about you from the online assessment you take before the interview. You must have a passion for great food and be willing to develop your people to level of expertise. It took about 2 hour for the interview. A small tour of the restaurant and a lunch food tasting of many dishes.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me why I chose this company and what I knew about their culture.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

You have to stand out to get an interview. You have to present yourself as a person who isn't afraid of people and exuberant. The way that I did this was ask to speak to a manager regarding job availability. This was where I had my opportunity to work my magic.

The interview process in itself wasn't difficult. They asked the basics: Where I grew up, what I did when I was younger, my most influential experiences, what I believe people enjoy, and what the restaurant means to me.

A big tip is to emphasize that the people you serve are guests and that their visit is a restaurant experience; not just a dinner.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2013.

Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Questions
    • If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2013.

1on1 interview with manager, final interview with GM. Applied online and within a few weeks I was called for an interview. Was hired the same day, and within the next few weeks I came back in to fill out all the paperwork. It is a large restaurant and company so it may not feel as intimate of an interview process as some may like. Both "interviews" combined lasted maybe 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • N/A very straight forward, seems like, if you get an interview they want you to work there.   View Answer
    N/A

Hourly Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2013.

Required 2 interviews.

The schedule details did not seem fair. Also was told by current employees that being only late or calling out once was grounds for termination.