Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Dulles, VA).

Interview

At first I had to apply online and within 5 days i got a call from one of the head managers, i had a small interview over the phone then was asked to come in when convenient since i was away at university. I mad an appointment and the interview was about 5 minuets and i got the job on the spot then had to go in within the next few days to start an orientation and training process

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I applied online, two days later i receive a call to come in for an interview the next day. Showed up, the GM was very nice and comfortable to talk to. He asked me very basic questions, about my previous serving jobs. Not hard at all. The interview itself was very smooth and east. I got hired on the spot.

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Apply online, take a few days to schedule an interview with the executive kitchen manager. One on one interview. Very relax interview. Shows you the kitchen and dishwashing areas.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and this man named Joe called me the next day! I was so excited to have an interview with them because I had heard so many amazing stories about the place. I went into the cheesecake factory and waited an hour and 30 minutes but eventually I had to leave. They had another girl applying for my spot as well and a lot of the employees had already known her so they would talk to her and continue to reassure her that she was getting it and that it was just fine.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

stress importance of people, profit, and culture. refer to specific examples. Mentoring, love to teach others, etc.

Interview Questions

• questions about "how____ you are?' 1-10   1 Answer

Negotiation

internal, so no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Natick, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied, and a manager interviewed me. She told me that she'd pass me on to the next manager and I'd hear from him for an interview in the next day or two. I waited and never heard back. He may have seen me in the restaurant and decided he didn't like my look.

Server Or Bar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Babylon, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They ask you a lot of questions on what you would do in certain situations, so be prepared for that. That are looking for young adults to work, I saw no one at the interviews for a new cheesecake factory in bayshore ny, over 30.

Interview Questions

• What is the most cautious thing you would do in a situation? No clue, because I really didn't understand the question on what he was trying to ask? Some of the questions were fine & I could give answers, others really made you think, again be prepared. I got the interview because I applied online, then had phone interview, then a one on one. I think the job would be great for a kid who will have the stamina for this kind if training & then working hard for the company. Corporate comes with it's own set of rules, which for a young person, is fine.   Answer Question

Too corporate for my taste, 7 days of training and I got a better offer somewhere else on my terms.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle and upset guest?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Interview

Hard to get an interview. Once you do, the first interview is a phone interview. If you are successful with passing this one. You will get a face to face interview. These interviews and extremely easy. I actually had two because typically you interview with your dept. manager and then the General manager in the same day but since she wasn't in I had to come back the next day.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview they ask you Why do you want to work for Cheesecake? This is why the interview is so hard because your answer to this questions basically determines if you get a second interview or not. Funny thing is I live in between 2 states and there is a Cheesecake in both states. 1 restuarant calls my and I didn't do so well in that phone interview. Didn't answer the question right. It just so happened that the other restuarant called the next day and I passed that interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview through a recruiter. The cheesecake representative did not call at the scheduled time. Reset time with recruiter for another day, and cheesecake rep cancelled it half an hour before scheduled time and rescheduled for later that evening, then did not call that evening. Reset interview again with recruiter, and finally got interview the following week. Agent was rather rude, non-apologetic, and personality free.