Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Baker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Questions

• Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Proceess took 2 weeks had a phone interview with recruiter then I had a interview with the area manager and a final interview with the area kitchen manager. It was a lot of basic management interview questions I accepted offer there was no nogotating on salary you get what they offer you.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for cheesecake   1 Answer

Host Interview

Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (New Orleans, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

They asked me to come in within a day of filling out the application form, I waited 20 minutes to be interviewed, they all were staring at me. I was the only one dressed up and everyone else wore jeans and tank tops. upon being interviewed, they asked me qustions that I filled out on the application survey. I have no job experience and just got my GED and I believe that's what didn't get me the job, hardly any sales experience. the interview only lasted 5 minutes and barely asked any questions. I felt also overwhelmed by such a big company. "If you don't hear from us within 24 hours, we chose to go with other candidates" yeah because of the barely any sales experience. but always will support this company. overall I blew it because of my nerves and pressure. there will be other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emotions and passion?   1 Answer
    • What does it take to be a leader?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions about the cheesecake factory?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

To better your chances of getting an interview, follow up a lot. The managers are very busy and there are a lot of applicant. If and once you get a interview, the process is pretty simple.There are two rounds of interviews. The second one will be with the General Manager. Takes about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter called me a few days later and expressed interest in my employment. She gave me a phone interview a week later, then I was given a few tests measuring my intelligence and personality, work ethic and so on. After I passed the tests, I was given an in-person interview and a shift observation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for their salary offer. You either take it or leave it.

Baker Interview

Interview

Three interview process. Phone, Assistant Manger, then General Manager. They did call references. Easy interviews though, completed over two days.

Negotiation

Was told I could move to higher paying positions quickly.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview. Went in and had a very short and easy interview, he basically just explained the position. He set me up with a second interview, went in, and waited with other interviewees. He came in and notified us that all of our interviews got cancelled. So, got set up for another interview on the same day of the next week. Got a call the day before and got cancelled again claiming that everyone was on holiday. Never heard back.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Coconut Grove, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

-online application -the next day I took a copy of my resume into the restaurant and asked for a manager -he printed off my online app and interviewed me right then -my second interview is tomorrow -I'm very excited & sure of a positive outcome

Interview Questions

• Why I had a lot of jobs (4 listed on my resume)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied for a serving position but was instead offered a potential cashier position to start off at which is fine, it gives me time to learn the menu!