Cheesecake Factory

140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – Make sure you research about the company. Doing your homework pays off. Be honest they know a lot about you from the online assessment you take before the interview. You must have a passion for great food and be willing to develop your people to level of expertise. It took about 2 hour for the interview. A small tour of the restaurant and a lunch food tasting of many dishes.

Interview Question – They ask me why I chose this company and what I knew about their culture.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, which included a test very similar to the SAT, and a personality test. Received phone call promptly for a phone interview. Answered all questions and made a date for an in-person interview. Upon arriving at the first interview, I arrived early but had to wait about 20 minutes or so (understandable, considering that the restaurant looked somewhat busy). First manager interviewing me was very polite and friendly, outgoing, and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Asked me objective questions about how I could greatly apply my skills directly to the restaurant--how can we bring out the best in you? I had taken quite some time to thoroughly research both the menu and the company itself prior to the interview, and had an opportunity to share my prior serving experience with this first manager, who was very warm and kind. I felt the first interview went exceptionally well... This manager scheduled me to meet with a higher manager at a later date --I was very excited. The second interview was quite a different story altogether! I arrived on time but again had to wait a rather lengthy amount of time in order to simply meet with this said manager. I was greeted somewhat coldly--the rigid handshake, complete with a frown followed by other subtle cues to further indicate that my chances were likely all but in vain. The questions were asked in a stiff, terse, and unwelcoming tone, read like a laundry list from A to Z, giving me a very unwelcoming feeling. At the very least, I was given a day when their ultimate decision would be made, but to be quite honest with you readers--looking in hindsight--I was very sorely disappointed at the experience and feel somewhat shocked at how oppositely I had been not only greeted but interviewed when comparing the first interview from the second one.

Interview Question – If you made a mistake that went unnoticed, what would you do? It was a vague question, which I needed clarification on.   View Answer

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got called for a interview. Checked in at the hostess station - and was sent to the back corner of the restaurant to wait for the interviewer. I had to sit and wait for like 15 mins before the interviewer showed up.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a dish that I serve at my current restaurant with as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – You have to stand out to get an interview. You have to present yourself as a person who isn't afraid of people and exuberant. The way that I did this was ask to speak to a manager regarding job availability. This was where I had my opportunity to work my magic.

The interview process in itself wasn't difficult. They asked the basics: Where I grew up, what I did when I was younger, my most influential experiences, what I believe people enjoy, and what the restaurant means to me.

A big tip is to emphasize that the people you serve are guests and that their visit is a restaurant experience; not just a dinner.

Interview Question – What does the Cheesecake Factory brand mean to you?   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2012.

Interview Details – Too much confusion on who I was to speak with next, who was calling who when, etc. Took over 2 months for the whole process

Negotiation Details – They dont do counteroffers or negotiate. They have strict guidelines of salary ranges. You take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2013.

Interview Details – The whole process of getting the interview is a lot more difficult than the actual interview. The Cheesecake Factory only hires new employees in groups -- usually around March and May. You apply online by taking a personality and a basic I.Q. test after getting through your tests, you then get to fill out basic information about yourself. The online application as a whole can take up to two hours, so be prepared to spend some time on the application. If they're interested, a manager will more than likely contact you within three days and have you come in for an interview the next day. If you get called back to get an interview, just remember to dress really professionally! The Cheesecake Factory focuses on how professional employees look, so just put on your business attire and walk in with a smile -- they love smiles. If you do end up applying, good luck! (:

Interview Question – They ask basic questions like: "Why do you want to work at the Cheesecake Factory?" ( Please do not mention anything about making a lot of money, because that will almost guarantee a no-offer from them) "How would you respond to an unhappy guest?" "How would you deal with an angry coworker?" "Do you see yourself as a responsible person?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really is no negotiating while accepting a server position. You will get paid minimum wage, but will definitely make a decent amount of tips.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2013.

Interview Details – Starts with online application online followed by a test that lasts about 2 hours. Have a calculator and be ready to be put to the test. If interested they will call and do short interview followed by a longer phone interview which can last a few hours. Next you will visit the restaurant for a shif follow. Engage with the staff and ask questions. Show positive energy and a passion for food. Next will come the interview with the regional manager, express interest in food foremost and tell about cooking experience and ambition to grow with the company. After that your background check will take a few weeks. They will call you to tell you if you got the job and accept an offer they extend.

Interview Question – Regional manager will ask why should he hire you. Be ready for this one have answers written down.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them on the first interview what I needed to make. Don't go over 50K here. You will not get insurance paid for.

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy simple questions .. Example: "How do you deal with difficult co-workers", "why do you want to leave your current job".. I think they just want to make sure your personable and have some kinda sense because overall I think the most important thing to the employer, especially in a high volume location is your experience

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I dont think there is much room for negotiating in a restaurant. Generally all servers are below minimum wage to my understanding.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

Interview Details – I had two different interviews. The first was about twenty minutes with a manager who then scheduled another interview with him and the GM. The next interview lasted about an hour. It was mostly behavioral questions such as What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.).

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.   Answer Question

Bakery Interview

Bakery
Peabody, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Application online
2) in person greeting to introduce and notify of my application
3) submit resume
4) Return inperson (you can wait, its your gamble)
5) schedule 1st interview with a Regular Manager
6) Schedule 2nd interview with the General Manager
7) If hired, orientation
8) Training 2weeks
9) Written exam to pass for position after 2 weeks of training (typically 4~6shifts)
10) Regular employee

Interview Question – WHY DID CHEESECAKE looked appealing to you in your search for jobs.,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATION IN PART TIME YOU GET WHAT YOU GET