Cheesecake Factory

2.5

Hostess/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2012.

I applied online, then one of the managers called me to set up an interview. The first interview was a one on one with one of the managers and the next interview was with the GM.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2012.

I applied online then a couple weeks later received a call and was asked to come in I went to the interview. It was just basic questions like why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions
    he just told me it was going to be $8.50 per hour.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2012.

I applied for the job at the Prudential Center location but was asked for an interview at the Chestnut Hill one instead. I was there about 20 minutes early and interviewed with a manager who was very nice and pleasent. I then met the GM who at first seemed nice but was really cocky about his restaurant which was the worst looking cheesecake factory I've ever seen. They asked me basic questions like why I wated to work there and what my strengths were but other than that it was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a difficult situation with a coworker, which I then later found out they tell all of the other workers about and it kind of starts you off on a bad foot.   Answer Question
    they told me what I'd make and had me come in for training a couple weeks later

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2012.

The application process, although extensive, was a great success. I felt thhat it gave me a competitive edge which provided me with confidence upon meeting fo the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2012.

I applied online. Got called for a interview. Checked in at the hostess station - and was sent to the back corner of the restaurant to wait for the interviewer. I had to sit and wait for like 15 mins before the interviewer showed up.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a dish that I serve at my current restaurant with as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Initially completed online application and personality assessment that took nearly one hour. Had one interview with a Server Manager and the following week I returned for a final interview with a General Manager. Both managers were very open about the operation and promoted the position as an enjoyable experience. There seemed to be more attention to offering the job than to assessing my abilities. I asked many more questions of them than they asked of me.

Interview Questions
    • Very few questions were asked, possibly because of my experience. The usual curiosities will arise: how do you deal with dissatisfied customers, how do you excel when offering service, will you be dependable, etc.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2012.

Filled application, personality inventory and IQ test online. Received phone call and was invited in for an interview. Young man interviewing me was very friendly, but only asked me questions on how I would relate to young people as co-workers. How would I advise them if they felt stressed about balancing final exams and work schedule. He asked how important praise and recognition was for me to perform my job. Interviewer who was maybe 27 years old told me he thought he was "old" for the restaurant industry. None of my 10+ years of relevant experience was inquired about. I did assure him that I work well with young people.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised by the focus of the questioning as I was not applying for a management position. I have since visited this new location (since it opened in November) twice as a customer and have not seen anyone over the age of 30 working there.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2012.

Fill out an application. They will call you and interview you on the telephone. If they like you, they will ask you to come in for an interview. After the face-to-face interview (if they are still considering you for the position), you will have one more final interview with the boss. At that time, he should let you know if you are hired. If he says that he will call you and let you know, you more than likely didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what I wanted to earn. No negotiation.

Cashier/Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2012.

I filled out my application on the website and a couple weeks later was called by a manager. He did a short phone screen where he asked me about my background experience. At the end of the screening he invited me to come to a 1:1 interview the same day at the restaurant. I met with him and he told me they were mostly hiring for the bakery area and because of my background in bakery I would fit in well. After a couple more questions (Reliable transportation?Availability,etc.) he invited me to come back the next day to interview with another manager. I arrived the next day and spoke to the second manager. She mostly asked me why I wanted to work for Cheesecake Factory, what I had done before, again my availability. She then told me I would receive a call either that night or the next morning. I received the call at 10pm that night and was told to come in the next day and talk to the bakery supervisor. I arrived and he just told me what I'd be doing in the bakery and then offered me the job. I fill out paperwork tomorrow and training(week long) starts next week!

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any difficult questions.Very short interviews, all were about 10 minutes long. They don't mess around.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Executive Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2012.

One phone interview, almost immediately after sending in resume. Followed by a in person interview with an area director within 1 week. Final Phone interview with Corporate kitchen Manager. Job offer within two weeks of initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep people motivated through busy stressful times.? What incentives are given to keep morale high   Answer Question
    Easy, Offer was in line with expectation.