Cheesecake Factory

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.5

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2013.

The whole process of getting the interview is a lot more difficult than the actual interview. The Cheesecake Factory only hires new employees in groups -- usually around March and May. You apply online by taking a personality and a basic I.Q. test after getting through your tests, you then get to fill out basic information about yourself. The online application as a whole can take up to two hours, so be prepared to spend some time on the application. If they're interested, a manager will more than likely contact you within three days and have you come in for an interview the next day. If you get called back to get an interview, just remember to dress really professionally! The Cheesecake Factory focuses on how professional employees look, so just put on your business attire and walk in with a smile -- they love smiles. If you do end up applying, good luck! (:

Interview Questions
    • They ask basic questions like: "Why do you want to work at the Cheesecake Factory?" ( Please do not mention anything about making a lot of money, because that will almost guarantee a no-offer from them) "How would you respond to an unhappy guest?" "How would you deal with an angry coworker?" "Do you see yourself as a responsible person?"   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiating while accepting a server position. You will get paid minimum wage, but will definitely make a decent amount of tips.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I had two different interviews. The first was about twenty minutes with a manager who then scheduled another interview with him and the GM. The next interview lasted about an hour. It was mostly behavioral questions such as What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

The online application process seriously took longer than all of my interviews put together! Not even 24 hours after I filled out an application online, I got a call from a manager and she asked me to come in later that day. I was shocked! I had filled out applications to a bunch of other places months ago and had never heard back. When I got there I met up with the same woman who had called me, and her interview was literally only five minutes long! After that, she called over the general manager and he sat down and talked to me for maybe 15 minutes and then hired me on the spot! Both the manager and the general manager were very kind and seemed to really want to get to know me as a person before they made their employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were simple ones like: Why do you want to work at this Cheesecake Factory or Why did you have to leave your prior employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I filled out the extensive online application which took about an hour. I didn't hear anything from them for about 3 weeks and assumed they weren't interested. I finally received a call from the GM herself and I was invited for an interview the following morning. The interview was well before restaurant opening so I only waited a short time as she had two of us to interview and took the other girl first. My interview was pretty short and the GM was super friendly, warm, and welcoming. She really made me feel like she cares about her restaurant and her staff. I was offered the job on the spot and asked to come in for orientation two days later. During orientation you fill out gobs of paperwork(more than I've filled out for any other job) and watch a couple videos. After that we were treated for lunch while we talked with the GM. There were 4 of us in orientation and she ordered us two apps, three dishes, and two desserts. It was great to sample some popular dishes. She even had us each order a piece of dessert to take home! I left orientation feeling stuffed but more importantly like I had made a good choice in accepting this job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and nobody noticed. What did you do?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Easy interview. Was offered the position on the spot.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Very simple all I did was apply and followed up with the Senior General Manager almost immediately. He asked me a few questions and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me how my previous customer service experience would be used here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2013.

I applied online and got called like after a few days, and they invite me for an interview.

I had 2 interview with them, and the last one was with the general manager and both of them ask me about me previous work and my experience and how should a server work, how should a server do a team work and these stuff.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult question if have a little experience about restaurant, waiter and these stuff.   Answer Question
    It's really easy, there is nothing to negotiate on this job so don't worry.

Manager of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2013.

Phone screen

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Learning Management Systems?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

the interview was very relaxed and easygoing. i was asked the routine interview questions, and the managers we're very friendly, and made me feel comfortable during my interview.

THERE WAS NO NEGOTIATION PHASE

Salad, Production, and Slicer Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2013.

the hiring process is pretty well set up. you have to take like two interviews when i got hired but i think its a little longer know. but they ask you a lot about your self and where you see yourself years from then. and how do you see your self doing years down the line from working there! next you'll have to go over a video of all the safety procedures and the work environment which is like a hour long. then after you finish that they go over your paper work with you.

Interview Questions
    • where would i see myself doing years down the line threw the company.   View Answer
    to start off at minimum wage and work my way up! its worth it