Cheesecake Factory

2.5

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2013.

I applied online and got called like after a few days, and they invite me for an interview.

I had 2 interview with them, and the last one was with the general manager and both of them ask me about me previous work and my experience and how should a server work, how should a server do a team work and these stuff.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult question if have a little experience about restaurant, waiter and these stuff.   Answer Question
    It's really easy, there is nothing to negotiate on this job so don't worry.

Manager of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2013.

Phone screen

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Learning Management Systems?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

the interview was very relaxed and easygoing. i was asked the routine interview questions, and the managers we're very friendly, and made me feel comfortable during my interview.

THERE WAS NO NEGOTIATION PHASE

Salad, Production, and Slicer Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2013.

the hiring process is pretty well set up. you have to take like two interviews when i got hired but i think its a little longer know. but they ask you a lot about your self and where you see yourself years from then. and how do you see your self doing years down the line from working there! next you'll have to go over a video of all the safety procedures and the work environment which is like a hour long. then after you finish that they go over your paper work with you.

Interview Questions
    • where would i see myself doing years down the line threw the company.   View Answer
    to start off at minimum wage and work my way up! its worth it

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

There is a longish online assessment. The in-person interview was in a restaurant. We walked around the restaurant, met with other managers and staff, and observed the shift. Then there was a food tasting, where we discussed the scratch kitchen. Everything is made in house, so it was a very eye-opening experience.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard interview questions. The food tasting was an interesting experience- make sure you know a bit about the culinary world, even if you are applying for a front of the house position.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online, received a call a day later from the section manager. She asked me a few really basic questions about prior experience, then asked me to come in and meet her. I met with her a few days later, it went really well and she arranged a meeting with the general manager for me in a couple days. The general manager seemed like a busy guy, but not in a bad way. The second interview only lasted about ten minutes, with no real challenging questions. Standard restaurant questions. He said if I didn't hear from him that afternoon to assume I hadn't got the position. I didn't hear from him.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected, mostly why do you want to work here, what do you think makes a good host, do you have those qualities, etc.

Also asked which cheesecake factory restaurants I had been to and what I knew about the company.
        Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2013.

Starts with online application online followed by a test that lasts about 2 hours. Have a calculator and be ready to be put to the test. If interested they will call and do short interview followed by a longer phone interview which can last a few hours. Next you will visit the restaurant for a shif follow. Engage with the staff and ask questions. Show positive energy and a passion for food. Next will come the interview with the regional manager, express interest in food foremost and tell about cooking experience and ambition to grow with the company. After that your background check will take a few weeks. They will call you to tell you if you got the job and accept an offer they extend.

Interview Questions
    • Regional manager will ask why should he hire you. Be ready for this one have answers written down.   Answer Question
    I told them on the first interview what I needed to make. Don't go over 50K here. You will not get insurance paid for.

Building Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battleboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battleboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2013.

Typical interview. Asking about how would handle certain situations and your current work experience. The interview starts off pretty serious, but if you are good with interviews, you will have no problem. Just have confidence and the topics you talk about, make sure you actually know what you are talking about.

There was no negotiation

Hostess/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2012.

I applied online, then one of the managers called me to set up an interview. The first interview was a one on one with one of the managers and the next interview was with the GM.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in December 2012.

I applied online then a couple weeks later received a call and was asked to come in I went to the interview. It was just basic questions like why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions
    he just told me it was going to be $8.50 per hour.