Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.4

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews total and one in person interview. The recruiter conducted two phone interviews and then set me up with the Area Director of Operations for a lengthy interview and a side by side day at the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• They pry into what your about and what your made of. They want to see if you have Cheesecake Factory DNA inside of you and look for personnel that are experienced.   1 Answer

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a brief phone interview with two of the Kitchen Managers and it went well enough to be invited to a face to face with him a few days later. The initial face to face was pretty much a get to know each other type meeting and an overview of the position I was applying for. I was asked to come back the next day to meet with the General Manager and Executive Kitchen Manager. This interview was very detailed and in depth. Covered everything from my past employment/experiences, why I wanted to join the CCF, etc...They told me they had to interview some other candidates and if I got the job I would hear back in three days or less. After hearing that, I assumed I didn't get the job but at the end of the third day, The EKM called and offered me the job. Everyone I interview with was very nice and welcoming and really promoted CCF culture and how much their staff are taken care of. Very busy and efficient operation with a strong management core.

Interview Questions

• One question that was unexpected is "Do you like to cook at home?" If you say yes, expect to tell them the dish and how you prepare it in detail. It took me by surprise since my position has nothing to do with actual cooking or prepping   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. I was offered more than I expected and more than what I was originally was told since it was such a demanding position.

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Interview process was very quick, found recruiter and HR to initially be very friendly and outgoing. Was not given an offer, was told a timeline that was not followed for a decision, but the worst was despite asking both recruiter and hiring manager for feedback on decision, was completely ignored. No return call or email.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working for an extremely demanding person. Interview overall was very easy, no overly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Questions

• Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Trumbull, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

Find a CCF that has yet to open and apply there. If you have a way with words you're a shoe in. It's not all about experience. It's mainly about how you can sell yourself. Had two interviews in one day and was highered on the spot. Pretty generic restaurant questions no curve balls. Stroke the CCF brand and you should be great.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Proceess took 2 weeks had a phone interview with recruiter then I had a interview with the area manager and a final interview with the area kitchen manager. It was a lot of basic management interview questions I accepted offer there was no nogotating on salary you get what they offer you.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for cheesecake   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Waikïkï, HI) in July 2014.

Interview

They act like they are hiring servers.. advertise online on indeed, and craigslist. Then you usually have to know someone who works there and call a few times and keep reminding the GM about your application you submit online. Then, you will get an interview and most likely they will try to hire you as a host. and if you DO apply as a host, and they tell you they will move you up to a serving position just keep in mind there's probably about 15 other hostesses that were told the same thing.

Host Interview

Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Sauce Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Reno, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

it was bad they didn't even ask any real questions it was just a waste of time they should have just called me and told me they were gonna hire me

Negotiation