Cheesecake Factory

Relevance Date Difficulty

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick. It was during a mass hire. I filled my application and didn't know there was a current interview process so I figured I might as well wait. i waited about an hour and I was called to speak with the Executive Kitchen Manager, at the time I didn't know what his position was, and he asked me some questions like what I expected at the cheesecake factory and whether I wanted to do pizzas (previous experience) . Eventually I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – How do you feel about making Salads?

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in July 2009.

Interview Details – The person doing the interviews was only looking for employees for the front of the house, I know this because I spent an hour watching her and everyone that came in for a server position got interviewed on the spot, whereas all the back of house employees had their applications thrown in a pile and were told "we'll call you in 24 hours, if you don't hear from us, that means your application was passed up. I could tell that she didn't know what she was doing when she told me "you don't have enough experience as a line cook, when I have seven years as a line cook, and two as a kitchen manager.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked as a line cook before?   View Answer

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!