Cheesecake Factory Line Cook Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I first filled out a super long online questionnaire, application, and then received a telephone call about a month later. I was called to the store and then interviewed by three different people which included a front of house manager, the general manager and finally a kitchen manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have in a kitchen?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had asked for more money but was told that I would get nine dollars to start and would then get a raise for every new station I learned. It seemed fair at the time. Everyone who I spoke with was extremely nice. After I was hired, along with a group of others, we had a sit down lunch with the general manager where we were introduced to a sampling of the food offered and were able to ask questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. It was during a mass hire. I filled my application and didn't know there was a current interview process so I figured I might as well wait. i waited about an hour and I was called to speak with the Executive Kitchen Manager, at the time I didn't know what his position was, and he asked me some questions like what I expected at the cheesecake factory and whether I wanted to do pizzas (previous experience) . Eventually I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

How do you feel about making Salads?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

The person doing the interviews was only looking for employees for the front of the house, I know this because I spent an hour watching her and everyone that came in for a server position got interviewed on the spot, whereas all the back of house employees had their applications thrown in a pile and were told "we'll call you in 24 hours, if you don't hear from us, that means your application was passed up. I could tell that she didn't know what she was doing when she told me "you don't have enough experience as a line cook, when I have seven years as a line cook, and two as a kitchen manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a line cook before?   1 Answer