Cheesecake Factory

Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess/Front Desks Interview

Hostess/Front Desks
Pleasanton, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in February 2011.

Interview Details – I initially walked in to apply, I was told to immediately come in for a time alotted for interviews. Around 2pm in the afternoon. I arrived 10 minutes early, I waited literally 4 hours for the interview because the hostesses in the front had not placed the applications in order. It was not a minimum wage worth waiting for, but I persisted. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was a woman, she was very warm and friendly. She asked 2 questions then asked me to come in for a personality test. She seemed exhausted by all the interviews but was willing to give me a chance.

The next week I came in for the personality test, I interviewed with a young man who was probably in charge of the espresso/bakery bar. He was also very nice and always had a smile on. During the personality test I would honestly admit I was unprepared for it. It was an oral test consisting of several pages of questions from rating yourself, how would you describe yourself and basic interview questions. At the end, he offered me to meet with the General manager.

I had thought by now I had gotten the job since I went through already two interviews. But when I met up with the General Manager he seemed very disinterested. I arrived again early during the slow hours, but somehow, I had to wait for an hour for him. He came over, we shook hands, he asked me if I had eaten here before. My advice to future applicants is come prepared. The entire interview he was cold and very distant unlike my previous interviews. He barely smiled and I felt like I was being stared down. He told me he would give me a callback, and I never got the call back.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheesecake Factory interview questions and advice in Pleasanton, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cheesecake Factory employees and interview candidates.