Cheesecake Factory

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2014.

Got a call from front desk manager, came in for an interview, then set up for a second interview with the gm, gm didn't seem to like me said he would call me in 12-24 hrs since he was still "reviewing applications"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, what was a time you went above and beyond for a customer, how important are rules. you also ask them questions.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2013.

I was recommended by a friend, and called in one or two days after applying to the restaurant which at the time was still being built. Two interviews, the first was good and the second was terrible. These were my first interviews ever. The first guy was cool, and that interview went pretty well. He asked me why I wanted to work there, if I could handle a 10 hour shift, also about a time when I overcame a tough moment. He said he would call my references and call me back. I got called back by another manager the next day and went in for a second interview. He asked me why I wanted to work there. Then he asked me how I get pumped up, and followed that with "I need someone who..." ...( he couldn't find the word) then I said "is passionate". He told me he couldn't see me doing that. It was the way I talked that made him think that. Then he asked me how I would handle 4 or 5 people telling me what to do at the same time (stress), I told him that it did not affect me because the past few semesters I had taken more units than before and I had done really good. He ended the interview 5 seconds after that. He said he would hold on to my application and call me if anything came up because they are always hiring. I did not like the second interview because the guy was just making assumptions about me and how I would perform on the job. He thought I couldn't be passionate about what I do just because I did not show it in my voice. I regret not asking him how he did it because he was talking with zero passion during the entire interview, not only that, I felt like he was talking down to me. He also assumed that I could not make it because I had not had a job yet.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle four or five people telling you what to do at the same time?   Answer Question

Hostess/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in July 2011.

Simple basic interview with a manager and then he got his GM.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the cheesecake factory?   Answer Question
    • Why is your experience relevant to the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in August 2010.

Online application, followed by interviews with work group manager and then GM. Then a phone interview for about 15minutes that is simply a questionar, if you fail this you will not be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself if five years?   View Answer
    none.