Cheesecake Factory

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.3

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2012.

Basic Interview questions. What, when, how. Be yourself It is such a high stress job. If you don't have high energy or are not a team player, then don't even consider it. I found it to be a great place to work

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2012.

Sit down with the server manager!

Interview Questions
    • I dont really remember but I answered all my questions honestly and how I would handle certain problems that may occur during a shift.   View Answer
    Nothing ! Got my apron and went to training !

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marina del Rey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

When I first entered the restaurant I dressed to impress. I asked the host for an application and I sat in the front to fill the app out. Once I completed it I asked to speak with a manager. It took about 5 minutes for a manager to come and meet me. She interviewed me for about 5-10 min. then had me wait. I then met with another manger who asked me another series of questions. He shook my hand and said they would be in contact if interested. I got a call later that evening to set up a meeting with the GM. I met with the GM the next day and got hired on the spot. I then started training a few days later with a large class of people.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Cheesecake Factory and not another competitor?   Answer Question
    Minimum wage plus tips

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

Ad on Craigslist, very lengthy questionnaire, personality test that is over 100 questions that has to be finished right after you begin. A mini IQ kinda test that has a lot of math questions.

Interview Questions
    • During interview was asked how I would handle a disaster at all of the tables I was serving.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

Online application and face to face interview with a personality test.

Interview Questions
    Sadly, I accepted and long began my journey down the worm hole.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2011.

Since I had applied once before at The Cheesecake Factory, I knew that the hiring for servers is done in large groups and only at certain times of the year. I happened to find a listing and applied again, and soon got a call back. After interviewing with the General Manager, I had another interview that covered the personality test and details on when classes would be and what to wear. Everything went smoothly and it was more difficult than a typical serving job, but not more complicated than other jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What previous management experience do you feel you have?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2010.

Process has changed since I was hired in 2010. I think everything is done online now and you have to do one of those annoying personality tests that mean nothing in life!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, I really can't remember the questions asked but it was a normal server restaurant interview.   View Answer
    They interviewed me and offered the job. I waited 2 weeks for the class

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!