Cheesecake Factory

Getting the Interview

48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marina del Rey, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details – When I first entered the restaurant I dressed to impress. I asked the host for an application and I sat in the front to fill the app out. Once I completed it I asked to speak with a manager. It took about 5 minutes for a manager to come and meet me. She interviewed me for about 5-10 min. then had me wait. I then met with another manger who asked me another series of questions. He shook my hand and said they would be in contact if interested. I got a call later that evening to set up a meeting with the GM. I met with the GM the next day and got hired on the spot. I then started training a few days later with a large class of people.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Cheesecake Factory and not another competitor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage plus tips

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2012.

Interview Details – Ad on Craigslist, very lengthy questionnaire, personality test that is over 100 questions that has to be finished right after you begin. A mini IQ kinda test that has a lot of math questions.

Interview Question – During interview was asked how I would handle a disaster at all of the tables I was serving.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online application and face to face interview with a personality test.

Interview Question – pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sadly, I accepted and long began my journey down the worm hole.

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2011.

Interview Details – Since I had applied once before at The Cheesecake Factory, I knew that the hiring for servers is done in large groups and only at certain times of the year. I happened to find a listing and applied again, and soon got a call back. After interviewing with the General Manager, I had another interview that covered the personality test and details on when classes would be and what to wear. Everything went smoothly and it was more difficult than a typical serving job, but not more complicated than other jobs.

Interview Question – What previous management experience do you feel you have?   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in March 2010.

Interview Details – Process has changed since I was hired in 2010. I think everything is done online now and you have to do one of those annoying personality tests that mean nothing in life!

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, I really can't remember the questions asked but it was a normal server restaurant interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They interviewed me and offered the job. I waited 2 weeks for the class

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – 8 years ago to date, I was surprised to be hired. I came in wearing my applebees uniform just hoping to pick up an application and take it home. Only to find them have me fill it out on the spot, sit down and talk to 3 different managers. I was hired on the spot (although I believe it takes 1-2 meetings normally). They had me fill out a typical quiz that gives them ideas about your personality and the work place.

Interview Question – None really. They really just wanted to know about me and why I wanted to be a server at The Cheesecake Factory.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me my hours and that I be available for Sundays.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called in, got hired, then trained.

Interview Question – Whey should we hire you.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – 2 meetings

Interview Question – what is your favorite dish   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got called for a interview. Checked in at the hostess station - and was sent to the back corner of the restaurant to wait for the interviewer. I had to sit and wait for like 15 mins before the interviewer showed up.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a dish that I serve at my current restaurant with as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Details – You have to stand out to get an interview. You have to present yourself as a person who isn't afraid of people and exuberant. The way that I did this was ask to speak to a manager regarding job availability. This was where I had my opportunity to work my magic.

The interview process in itself wasn't difficult. They asked the basics: Where I grew up, what I did when I was younger, my most influential experiences, what I believe people enjoy, and what the restaurant means to me.

A big tip is to emphasize that the people you serve are guests and that their visit is a restaurant experience; not just a dinner.

Interview Question – What does the Cheesecake Factory brand mean to you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cheesecake Factory

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheesecake Factory Server interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cheesecake Factory employees and interview candidates.