Cheesecake Factory

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.4

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online through an elaborative process that involves a pretty long questionnaire and IQ/reasoning test. Got a phone call about two weeks later and had an on the spot phone interview that lasted approximately 5 minutes. I was invited for an in person interview at the end of the phone interview. I went in for the interview about a week later and met with one of the managers. It was a one on one interview process that was very professional, yet friendly. I was offered a position at the end of the interview, but unfortunately there is a week long training period that you must attend every day during certain hours, and that conflicted with my school schedule at the time. The manager was very courteous and said that I could postpone the training period and start as a host in the meantime, however, I didn't have availability for the training for a long while, so I kindly turned down the offer. Overall, excellent experience.

Interview Questions
  • No particular question that stood out to me - the whole procedure is primarily to gauge how professional you sound and conduct yourself.   Answer Question

Conflicted with my schedule.

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Server Interview

They seemed to have very high expectations and I was up for the challenge originally. However, the vibe I received from the interview, who will remain unnamed, was just not a good one. I consider myself a great judge of character, which has helped me in all my previous places of employment but the interviewer was just not genuine.

Interview Questions
    • How fast do you believe you can memorize a menu with 200+ menu items?   Answer Question

Didn't sense a genuine attitude from my interviewer

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I applied online, two days later i receive a call to come in for an interview the next day. Showed up, the GM was very nice and comfortable to talk to. He asked me very basic questions, about my previous serving jobs. Not hard at all. The interview itself was very smooth and east. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2014.

I applied, and a manager interviewed me. She told me that she'd pass me on to the next manager and I'd hear from him for an interview in the next day or two. I waited and never heard back. He may have seen me in the restaurant and decided he didn't like my look.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

8 years ago to date, I was surprised to be hired. I came in wearing my applebees uniform just hoping to pick up an application and take it home. Only to find them have me fill it out on the spot, sit down and talk to 3 different managers. I was hired on the spot (although I believe it takes 1-2 meetings normally). They had me fill out a typical quiz that gives them ideas about your personality and the work place.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They really just wanted to know about me and why I wanted to be a server at The Cheesecake Factory.   View Answer
    They asked me my hours and that I be available for Sundays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

2 meetings

none

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

You have to stand out to get an interview. You have to present yourself as a person who isn't afraid of people and exuberant. The way that I did this was ask to speak to a manager regarding job availability. This was where I had my opportunity to work my magic.

The interview process in itself wasn't difficult. They asked the basics: Where I grew up, what I did when I was younger, my most influential experiences, what I believe people enjoy, and what the restaurant means to me.

A big tip is to emphasize that the people you serve are guests and that their visit is a restaurant experience; not just a dinner.