Cheesecake Factory Server Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Great interviews!! Not near as tough as some! Just be upbeat and happy!! All the managers were really laid back and I enjoyed each interview (3) total. The first interview, he called and it was about 4 minutes. Second interview was in person with another manager. Lasted about 10 minutes. Last interview was around 7 minutes and was with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served before? Do you like working in a fast pace enviroment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Davie, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in at 6:30 and wasnt seen until 7:30. The interview lasted 5 minutes and they told me they wanted to schedule another interview. but the hiring manager didnt apparently know the other managers schedule and told me he would call. Its been 3 days no call. I have 10 years waiter experience. All the servers there were women and the back waiters (bussers) were all men. Sexual discrimination was obvious here.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

You sit there waiting for someone for 30 min to an hour. I could clearly tell the manager had either forgotten I was even there, or whoever was supposed to let him know did. And you either have a total of 2 to 3 interviews depending on who you interview with first. If you have significant restaurant experience you should get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Sarasota, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out the form online just before the weekend. Got a call back on the following Monday asking if I was still interested. Very quick impromptu interview that definitely caught me off guard. Had an actual interview with the Server Manager and the General Manager on Thursday. This took almost an hour and a half. First interview happened fifteen minutes after I was seated. It lasted about ten minutes. Second was forty five minutes later with the GM and lasted about five minutes. Was told they needed to call my references and got a call asking if I wanted to accept the job the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your last place of employment, what three words would they use to describe you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were seated with more than one table?   1 Answer
    • Have you eaten at The Cheesecake Factory before? What is your favorite dish? What is your favorite cheesecake?   Answer Question
    • What was it about a previous dining experience at The Cheesecake Factory that made you decide to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either took it or left it.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. CF called me in for an interview for monday. I came in and sat with the manager who was laid back but straight forward. No redundant questions. No what-would-you-do scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Hackensack, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied Online AND called restaurant to notify manager of my application. She gave me an immediate phone interview. Liked that I knew a few things about the company already. Was Scheduled For An IN Person Interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard process. Talking about your prior experience and situation based questions. Prepare yourself for some regular restaurant server questions and be confident. Pretty straightforward. Interviewed with two managers and one assistant general manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a menu item, scenario based questions such as how did you exceeded a guest's expectations, what would you do if you saw that a plate coming out of a kitchen doesn't look right.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Applied online through an elaborative process that involves a pretty long questionnaire and IQ/reasoning test. Got a phone call about two weeks later and had an on the spot phone interview that lasted approximately 5 minutes. I was invited for an in person interview at the end of the phone interview. I went in for the interview about a week later and met with one of the managers. It was a one on one interview process that was very professional, yet friendly. I was offered a position at the end of the interview, but unfortunately there is a week long training period that you must attend every day during certain hours, and that conflicted with my school schedule at the time. The manager was very courteous and said that I could postpone the training period and start as a host in the meantime, however, I didn't have availability for the training for a long while, so I kindly turned down the offer. Overall, excellent experience.

Interview Questions

• No particular question that stood out to me - the whole procedure is primarily to gauge how professional you sound and conduct yourself.   Answer Question

Conflicted with my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Came in on a Wednesday afternoon, 1st face to face interview, one phone interview. Met with general manager and he explained this would be a short, 10 minute interview to answer a few questions to the best of my knowledge. A round of typical restaurant/customers service/server situational questions were asked. It was more a personality examination and to see if you would be a good fit for the company because right there he then extended an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had a difficult guest and what you did to solve the issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

Availability and scheduling

Server Interview

Interview

They seemed to have very high expectations and I was up for the challenge originally. However, the vibe I received from the interview, who will remain unnamed, was just not a good one. I consider myself a great judge of character, which has helped me in all my previous places of employment but the interviewer was just not genuine.

Interview Questions

• How fast do you believe you can memorize a menu with 200+ menu items?   Answer Question

Didn't sense a genuine attitude from my interviewer