Cheesecake Factory

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.4

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Other Interview Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

8 years ago to date, I was surprised to be hired. I came in wearing my applebees uniform just hoping to pick up an application and take it home. Only to find them have me fill it out on the spot, sit down and talk to 3 different managers. I was hired on the spot (although I believe it takes 1-2 meetings normally). They had me fill out a typical quiz that gives them ideas about your personality and the work place.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They really just wanted to know about me and why I wanted to be a server at The Cheesecake Factory.   View Answer
    They asked me my hours and that I be available for Sundays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

2 meetings

none

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

You have to stand out to get an interview. You have to present yourself as a person who isn't afraid of people and exuberant. The way that I did this was ask to speak to a manager regarding job availability. This was where I had my opportunity to work my magic.

The interview process in itself wasn't difficult. They asked the basics: Where I grew up, what I did when I was younger, my most influential experiences, what I believe people enjoy, and what the restaurant means to me.

A big tip is to emphasize that the people you serve are guests and that their visit is a restaurant experience; not just a dinner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2013.

1on1 interview with manager, final interview with GM. Applied online and within a few weeks I was called for an interview. Was hired the same day, and within the next few weeks I came back in to fill out all the paperwork. It is a large restaurant and company so it may not feel as intimate of an interview process as some may like. Both "interviews" combined lasted maybe 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • N/A very straight forward, seems like, if you get an interview they want you to work there.   View Answer
    N/A

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview was very easy simple questions .. Example: "How do you deal with difficult co-workers", "why do you want to leave your current job".. I think they just want to make sure your personable and have some kinda sense because overall I think the most important thing to the employer, especially in a high volume location is your experience

Interview Questions
    I dont think there is much room for negotiating in a restaurant. Generally all servers are below minimum wage to my understanding.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in April 2013.

The whole process of getting the interview is a lot more difficult than the actual interview. The Cheesecake Factory only hires new employees in groups -- usually around March and May. You apply online by taking a personality and a basic I.Q. test after getting through your tests, you then get to fill out basic information about yourself. The online application as a whole can take up to two hours, so be prepared to spend some time on the application. If they're interested, a manager will more than likely contact you within three days and have you come in for an interview the next day. If you get called back to get an interview, just remember to dress really professionally! The Cheesecake Factory focuses on how professional employees look, so just put on your business attire and walk in with a smile -- they love smiles. If you do end up applying, good luck! (:

Interview Questions
    • They ask basic questions like: "Why do you want to work at the Cheesecake Factory?" ( Please do not mention anything about making a lot of money, because that will almost guarantee a no-offer from them) "How would you respond to an unhappy guest?" "How would you deal with an angry coworker?" "Do you see yourself as a responsible person?"   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiating while accepting a server position. You will get paid minimum wage, but will definitely make a decent amount of tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

I filled out the extensive online application which took about an hour. I didn't hear anything from them for about 3 weeks and assumed they weren't interested. I finally received a call from the GM herself and I was invited for an interview the following morning. The interview was well before restaurant opening so I only waited a short time as she had two of us to interview and took the other girl first. My interview was pretty short and the GM was super friendly, warm, and welcoming. She really made me feel like she cares about her restaurant and her staff. I was offered the job on the spot and asked to come in for orientation two days later. During orientation you fill out gobs of paperwork(more than I've filled out for any other job) and watch a couple videos. After that we were treated for lunch while we talked with the GM. There were 4 of us in orientation and she ordered us two apps, three dishes, and two desserts. It was great to sample some popular dishes. She even had us each order a piece of dessert to take home! I left orientation feeling stuffed but more importantly like I had made a good choice in accepting this job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and nobody noticed. What did you do?   Answer Question