Chegg Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

SRE Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

It was a standard process until I got to the first technical interview. It was a guy with a heavy accent talking on a poor cell phone connection making up trivia questions as he went along. By far the worst interview I have experienced. Totally unprofessional. I suggest you don't waste your time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring Manager contacted me and set up an initial conversation.
    Looked interesting for the profile they were hiring so I went in for a full-day on site.
    In my view the onsite went fairly well - not outstanding, but certainly not terrible.

The unfortunate (and unprofessional) part came later - I did not receive ANY communication one way or another. I took a day off work to go interview with these folks when they had initiated the contact and called me in.
    Afterwards, I tried contacting the recruiter, the hiring manager, etc - nothing.
    The least Chegg could have done was send me a two sentence mail saying that they would not be proceeding forward.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn first. The position looked interesting, so I decided to pursue the process. However, when I replied to the recruiter, it seems that he didn't even remember he reached out to me first. That was the first time that I had a bit weird feeling about this company. After the initial screen, I had an opportunity to speak with the design manager. He was really nice, and passionate about what he's been working on. We both had a great time, and he told me he wants to bring me in to the next round on-site interview on the phone. A week after, I visited the Santa Clara office. I did design presentation and met a couple on people 1:1. The atmosphere during the presentation wasn't that great. I felt a lot of pressure, and they asked me a bunch of questions before I explain the thing, which was distracting. Overall experience was okay, but during the interview I already had a feeling I'm not a great fit. Because what they are looking for and what I've experienced and been expecting for next role is completely different. I wrote thank you email and my impression frankly to the recruiter. At the end, he didn't even reply to my email. It was really disappointing. Overall, I don't think it's worth to spend my time on this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your mobile experience. How to collaborate with other designers.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter then one of the hiring managers. After that, I met with the team in-person and that was it. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that jumped out at me as being unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The norm, nothing different.

Senior Java Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chegg in July 2014.

Interview

Design pattern, general algorithm questions and SQL. What is singleton? Double checked locking. Equals and hashcode. How do you write thread safe code? A short question on how you would tokenize and store strings (hashmap obviously). Basic questions on SQL. What is a join? Primary key?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Standard pay.

Application

interviewed at Chegg in May 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Screen Interview (Cleared) : It was also a deep interview, where all the questions related to the Selenium were asked .2. Onsite interview 4 hours : It didnot go that well . A lot of of brain teasers were asked .Detailed explanation of the requirements from team and hence related issues were asked .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chegg in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and I thought I would never hear back. But they did take a month to respond after which I had a phone interview with the head of the internship program. After a couple of days, she said I got through to the next round at which point I had a phone interview with two people who I would possibly work for.

Interview Questions

• The interview was around 45 minutes long and it was fairly straightforward, nothing I didn't expect. I was well prepared and had done a couple of interviews before so it helped me prepare.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The HR guy contacted initially, followed by a phone screen. The HR guy seemed nice and gave me a detailed overview of the company
    The interviewer seemed to be confused and outright rude at times. Asked me design question and kept on confusing me as I was trying to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• question was not that difficult, usual design question   Answer Question

User Experience Intern Interview

Interview

First, HR emailed me and a couple of days later I had a phone interview with HR about 30 minutes. Then a week later I got a phone interview with principle designers at Chegg about 30 minutes as well. Most questions were based on my portfolio. I not only show them the results of my design but also tell them about the whole process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was referred to Chegg, but not through an employee. I sent our family friend my resume and then I got a call from the intern manager about a week later. She was super nice and we discussed my resume and my career interests. We scheduled a formal interview via phone and she called me back a week later. The interview was about 30 mins with her giving me an introduction of Chegg, asking me questions and then letting me ask her questions. She then said she'd follow up with me. About a week later she called me with a few options of internships in marketing that'd I'd be good for. I gaveher my opinions. Then a week after that I was offered a marketing internship. I was so excited and accepted on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed a college assignment and what did you learned from it?   1 Answer