Chegg Operations Lead Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Operations Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Everything felt chaotic and out of control, especially the interview process. For both interview rounds, there were no available rooms, which, considering they were about to move to a bigger space, is forgiveable. However, having me come in person and then immediately putting me on a cellphone for a phone interview, is not. What was also disconcerting was that, despite it supposedly being a lead position, I talked to more managers than technical people, especially potential team members. In the end, they either didn't want to pay for experience, or they had preconceived notions about what a team leader must be (someone who wants to fail at sysadminning and become a manager), probably the latter. That this was not dispensed with early on is certainly the fault of the outside headhunter (quest groups).

Interview Questions

• If salary were not an issue, would you prefer to be a manager or an individual contributor?   1 Answer