Chegg

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sourcing Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chegg in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a temp-to-hire position to manually source books. The job description that I was initially given was vague, but the 5 people who interviewed me helped to clarify a clearer picture of my function. All my interviewers were future teammates/ leads and it was clear by the 3rd or 4th person that my evaluation was more focused on whether I'd get along with the team. Overall I'd say the process was not too intimidating (aided by the fact that none of the interviewers looked older than 25), and the questions I asked were fairly straightforward. I was assessed on my skills on how to communicate with vendors and customers. The interview questions turned out to be quite relevant to the job once I started.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness and how would you work to overcome it when it affects your performance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiated - I was informed of my hourly wage. For someone fresh out of college, securing a job and being given the opportunity to start your career somewhere is key. Negotiation should only be done if a. there's any indication that the wages are flexible and/or b. you're skilled and specialized in the position you're looking for.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Chegg

Worked for Chegg? Contribute to the Community!

Chegg Videos

Chegg – Why Work for Us?

Join us Since 2007, we've been transforming the way millions of students learn by connecting them to the people and tools needed to succeed in college. Students on more than 7,000 campuses nationwide use Chegg for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chegg Sourcing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Chegg employees and interview candidates.