Chegg

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chegg in April 2010.

I interviewed for a temp-to-hire position to manually source books. The job description that I was initially given was vague, but the 5 people who interviewed me helped to clarify a clearer picture of my function. All my interviewers were future teammates/ leads and it was clear by the 3rd or 4th person that my evaluation was more focused on whether I'd get along with the team. Overall I'd say the process was not too intimidating (aided by the fact that none of the interviewers looked older than 25), and the questions I asked were fairly straightforward. I was assessed on my skills on how to communicate with vendors and customers. The interview questions turned out to be quite relevant to the job once I started.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest weakness and how would you work to overcome it when it affects your performance?   Answer Question
Nothing was negotiated - I was informed of my hourly wage. For someone fresh out of college, securing a job and being given the opportunity to start your career somewhere is key. Negotiation should only be done if a. there's any indication that the wages are flexible and/or b. you're skilled and specialized in the position you're looking for.