Chemonics International Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

26 interviews

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International in June 2014.

I applied online after seeing a posting an a international aid jobs website. Someone got back to be a couple of weeks later and asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 min and she said she would get back to me within the week but i never heard back.

Project Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International.

First step: Online application (they got back to me anywhere from 2 weeks - 1 month after submitting)
    Second step: Phone screen with basic questions about why you want to work for the company, in international development, and explaining more about the company in general and the specific department (roughly 30-45 minutes) (heard back within 2 weeks after initial followup)
    Third step: Panel interview - both behavioral and situational interview questions, again asking why Chemonics and international development (45 minutes-1 hour) (scheduled for three weeks after initial phone screen - I did mine via skype)
    Fourth step: Online assessments (90-minute timed assessments where you answer 10 questions on a sample grant of ~ 11 pages; analyze a budget and answer 10 questions on it; write a business letter asking a supervisor to attend a conference/something to augment professional development/growth - nothing too terrible)
    Fifth step: Offer

Interview Questions
    • What to do if clients start talking negatively about your manager while the manager is away.   Answer Question

Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chemonics International in January 2010.

behavioral based interviews, very structured hiring and interviewing process. can be intimidating because it's a panel interview with scripted questions - not much room for creativity and for you to talk about the things you would like to talk about

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you chose not to finish a project/assigment or you chose to complete it in your own way rather than follow instructions. This was a bit weird and unless you prepare in advance, it's hard to come up with a good example.   Answer Question
    not much room for negotiation

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International.

I had at least 4 interviews and a written exam before getting an offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chemonics International in December 2011.

An employer referred me to a director who was looking for a consultant position with the possibility of turning it into a full-time position. After submitting my CV, they conducted a phone interview with me and then extended me the offer via email. The contract position continued for five months until the role was turned into a full-time role.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was extremely relaxed and questions were basic.   Answer Question
    Initially my daily rate, which they accepted based previous established daily rates. When the position became salaried they moved me in at the highest salary bracket to try to match this.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International in February 2014.

Contacted by e-mail for an initial screening interview with a current associate, followed within the week same by a request to complete an online skills test (contracts, budgeting, business letter) and online application (for background check). Invited to a panel interview with two associates and a manager the following week. Told in this interview that final candidates would be asked to attend a third interview with an SVP the following week - received no follow-up in this regard, and have not been contacted further regarding the status of the position(s).

Interview Questions
    • Define leadership, integrity, and versatility. Give an example of how you have practiced one of these in the workplace.   View Answer
    • Give an example of a time when you were required to take on responsibilities outside the usual scope of your role. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • "In basket" question - given a series of events, how would you manage competing priorities?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International in July 2010.

The process for hiring is meticulous and detailed. Many people gets involved to provide the biggest amount of feedback in regards the individual that will be interviewed. Refrences are contacted and a background check is conducted. Usually different people from different units are included in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • The company is adjusting to the constant changing scenario of the international development world.   Answer Question
    There is space to negotiate different things including salary, work schedule and other conditions

Export Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International in August 2013.

1. they will phone interview you. it is going to be a standard walk through your cv talk.
    2. the second round is an online test, covering multiple topics, including accounting
    3. panel interview
    4. in case you made it through all of it, you are hired.

Benefits Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International.

After submitting my application online, I received an e-mail from the HR department to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I got along really great with the interviewer. She asked me questions regarding my past experiences and why I was interested in working at Chemonics.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chemonics International in June 2013.

I applied online and was contacted via email for a prescreening. They called to do a 20 minute phone interview, which I thought I blew but then was invited to complete the skills test online. The phone interview questions were scripted. The skills test online is not hard if you read the questions carefully. I was invited to interview in person, and two people interviewed me. The questions were your typical interview questions. More emphasis was put on my future with the company and what I expected out of my career. There was a clear emphasis that employment after the internship was not guaranteed, but that they were looking for someone who was a long-term committement to the company. There was also reiteration that everyone there must 'pay their dues' to be promoted, and that teams work long hours.
    Overall, the impression I got was that one of the interviewers hated his/her job, and the other had either been passed up for a promotion or was in the position to keep others from being promoted. They were both perfectly nice, but I was not enthused about the company after talking to them. I withdrew my application before I was notified of their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define leadership, integrity and versatility?   Answer Question

Worked for Chemonics International? Contribute to the Community!