Cherry Bekaert Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.4

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert in October 2014.

Interview

I got my invited to an on-campus interview after attending a networking event at school. The first round interviews were conducted on campus. There was also a social event prior to the interview so that way we could meet associates from the firm; they wanted us to feel comfortable. Very nice people! I got invited to the office visit this week for second round interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cherry Bekaert.

Interview

Applied though campus recruiting and got a 1st round interview. There was a preinterview reception before the interview, from which you could get the interviewer name. The interview lasts 30 minutes. Nothing technical, very basic behavior questions. They are interested in who you are. The interviewer was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any nonaccounting courses? Which one was your favorite?   Answer Question

Litigation Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Coral Gables, FL).

Interview

It was speedy process. I was contacted by Virginia for an initial phone interview and then met with the managers and partner during the interview process. Certain managers in the panel interview didn't ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get asked many questions by certain people so it felt awkward   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert.

Interview

Personalized attention by the partners/managers. Big focus on culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted offer as is. Suggesti negotiating the salary up as the bonus is immaterial

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my school. It took a few weeks. Once transcripts were sent, they scheduled an interview. There were roughly 15 people there when I showed up. They took us to a nice lunch. After, we each had two 30 minute interviews with two different partners. Very casual interview. They allowed me plenty of time to ask questions and get to know about them and their firm.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think there were any difficult or unexpected questions. They just wanted to get to know me and see if I would fit into their workplace and what I where I wanted to be in a few years career wise.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Vienna, VA).

Interview

3 In person interviews. Just be optimistic.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

very very long

Interview Questions

Negotiation

really did not exist

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied through college job fair. One on campus 30 min interview and an office visit. Office visit consisted of 3 30min interviews.

Interview Questions

• pretty basic behavioral questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Roanoke, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

They contacted me about 3 weeks before the intended week that the interview was for. They asked me to get back to them asap about my availability that week. I emailed them back within the hour and never heard anything about when the interview was. I emailed them the Sunday before and they emailed me back saying that my interview was the next day at 8:00 am. I never heard whether it was an Audit position or Tax. Not having all that information before really put a damper on the interview. They asked pretty simple easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What were your likes and dislikes from working in public and corporate accounting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Really care about situtational questions rather than technical. Very important to connect with the interviewee on a personal basis. Really interested in seeing if it is the type of person they would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with someone. How was it resolved?   Answer Question