Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2012.

The interview was by phone and it was so difficult to hear the questions due to the persons office being on a busy street , which they acknowledged. Why if they knew people could not hear them would they put you through asking to repeat the questions and answers (both ways) Then they sat and just talked to each other just friendly conversation and then would apologize. It was a huge waste of 20 min of my life and the time I mentally prepared for it. I never heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • I am sorry can you repeat that again and again.   View Answer

Screener/Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

The interview was conducted in a panel format, the job was specifically for the HR department. There was an additional recruiter who was "video conferenced in." The interview was fairly straight forward, behavioral type questions answered in the STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • -How do you handle stress?
      -Would you have a problem taking direction from me?
        Answer Question

Restaurant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in April 2010.

Interviewed with 3 department heads at one time! That was a bit nerve-racking.

No negotiating

IT Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2011.

The interview was a very basic interview at first. Talked on the phone with the two main guys. Then I was asked to come in for a panel interview. A few days later I was made an offer. Overall it went very well and it was pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    I accepted their offer immediately.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in June 2011.

I was called to a phone pre screening interview and asked to come in for a one on one interview. I interviewed with who would have been my direct supervisor and then also with her supervisor. I was asked generic interview question as well as some specific questions regarding investments.

Interview Questions
    • Why would a company have $20 million dollars setting in a bank account?   View Answer

Training Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2012.

My initial communications were through networking; upon application however Chesapeake's HR department very quickly picked up hand assumed control of he candidate process. The initial screening was a background call, completed over approximately 30 minutes. The initial interview was a behavioral based interview which, was challenging to come up with some of the scenarios, but the hiring manager was helpful and it did not feel adversarial at all. This lasted about 45-50 minutes. The manager was very good at communication between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with non performance of a team member.   Answer Question

Landman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in June 2009.

It was a minimalist interview

Landman Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in January 2012.

Chesapeake Energy Corporation is seeking talented individuals for the position of Landman.

This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK and reports to the Manager- Acquisitions.

Responsibilities include obtaining information and documents including land ownership records, title abstracts and availability of leases surrounding the closing of the deal. Will coordinate the due diligence process and acquisition and/or divestiture transaction documents. Primary duties include compiling title information from broker and internal records to verify seller/buyer's record to title or contractual interest. Research and assemble documents necessary to transfer title to or from Chesapeake. Review lease and contract schedule for accuracy. Analyzing title documents. Collaborating with the seller/buyer to obtain external documents necessary to close the deal. Communicating with internal departments as needed. Evaluating information to determine compliance standards. Protect corporate assets by keeping information confidential. Other duties as required.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of acquisitions and divestitures principles and methodologies and corporate strategy.   View Answer

Associate Landman Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in January 2011.

This was the worst interview I have ever been on. I will take partial blame as I became incredibly nervous with really bad anxiety the day of the interview. Also, I had friends who interviewed for the same position (and essentially got job offers) whom all said it was not a bad interview and they barely had to talk at all. Knowing that before-hand, I still went in and realized shortly after that I said too much. All I really had to do was just sit there. I wanted to seem super interested in the job and the company, but my interviewers didn't have the the personality for that. They were the most boring, mudane people that I have ever met in my life. CHK should really re-consider who they have interviewing prospects. They were not people-friendly in the least.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in May 2010.

Very professional. However, candidates are required to interview in a business suit which is alost unheard of these days. This was kind of intimidatng.

Worked for Chesapeake Energy? Contribute to the Community!