Chesapeake Energy

41 candidate interviews

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Chesapeake Energy

Interview Details – Asked some basic questions about yourself and some behavioral questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interview Details – Hired through contracting company

Interview Question – We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview Details – Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Engineering Tech Interview

Engineering Tech

Interviewed at Chesapeake Energy

Interview Details – Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2013.

Interview Details – campus interview.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. But study the company's profile   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Geologist

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2012.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on careerbuilder and created a profile on linked-in. Shortly after I was contacted by Chesapeake regarding a Geologist job working on the oil/gas land rigs. The interview process was very easy, they asked my cliche interview questions and did not drill me about my experience (bc they required none). However, after I accepted their offer, they strung ma along for almost 4 months. I ended up finding another job, started at that job and then finally received my call to work and start training.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just the standard cliche questions you normally expect. Strengths/Weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found a job closer to home. They offered great pay. However, downside was that you worked crazy hours, could be sent anywhere in the country and did not know where you would be going until after 2 weeks of training. This may be great for some, just not for me.

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Summer Engineering Intern
Lawrence, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was with a panel of engineers, no HR. They went through my resume and talked about past experience. Not too heavy on behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Most questions were specific to my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basic questions with no in depth knowledge from the interviewer.

Interview Question – What do you know about this company?   Answer Question

Geologist - Intern Interview

Geologist - Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview Details – Interview was very enjoyable. No behavioral questions. Just technical.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in August 2008.

Interview Details – Started off by talking to the recruiters at my schools career fair. Then had an on-campus interview, pretty standard stuff, pretty relaxed though. It wasn't too stressful, but I was the first interview of the day. Overall pretty good interview process.

Interview Question – When was a time your integrity was challenged?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chesapeake Energy

Worked for Chesapeake Energy? Contribute to the Community!