Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Accountant Interview

Interview

Asked some basic questions about yourself and some behavioral questions.

Engineering Tech Interview

Interview

Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Hired through contracting company

Interview Questions

• We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearsall, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Pearsall, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Very brief, they almost immediately gave me the position. I interviewed with the Area manager, he walked me over to the dispatch office and showed me what they do on a daily basis. We went over the compensation package and was briefed on shift times and work load expectations. I sat with the dispatcher on shift and shadowed for 30 minutes or so. They said they would be in touch. I received a call the next day to start work.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

In the fall of 2013, I was scheduled for a first phone interview with a recruiter from the HR department. It didn't happen. I received a second phone call from another recruiter to reschedule a phone interview. I waited the week after, nothing happened. Finally, after a week, I received another phone call to reschedule the interview that I was suppose to have initially. The person who interviewed me hinted that the first two recruiters "left" their company. The truth is that these two recruiters got laid off. This tells me a lot about the company. Afterwards, I was able to land an onsite interview. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my projects on my resume, how much I can bench press, and how do I learn something quickly.   Answer Question

Stability is an issue for me. I am not optimistic about Chesapeake Energy after doing further research.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2014.

Interview

Process is taking quite a while. I had a pre-screening phone interview, and then called in for an actual interview. It only lasted 30 min. Haven't received an email saying i didn't get the position, also haven't received a call saying I did. Going on about a month after hearing anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple, basic interview questions relating to my previous positions.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2013.

Interview

campus interview.

Land Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

No technical questions were asked. My resume demonstrated I had all the requisite technical knowledge and experience the position required. The interview was by two line managers who asked a lot of details about my previous experience. The interview ultimately clearly focused on determining whether or not I would fit in with their group.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was a surprisingly pointed inquiry into my interests outside work.   Answer Question

Pumper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Communication was terrible. Took over 6 months to get back to me after the interview. Needless to say I had already accepted a job with a different company. Did the same thing with a few other people I know as well.

Interview Questions

Called me 6 months after interview already had a different job.