Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

Accountant Interview

Asked some basic questions about yourself and some behavioral questions.

Engineering Tech Interview

Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Hired through contracting company

Interview Questions
    • We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question
    Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Field Engineer Interview

interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2013.

campus interview.

Geologist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2012.

I posted my resume on careerbuilder and created a profile on linked-in. Shortly after I was contacted by Chesapeake regarding a Geologist job working on the oil/gas land rigs. The interview process was very easy, they asked my cliche interview questions and did not drill me about my experience (bc they required none). However, after I accepted their offer, they strung ma along for almost 4 months. I ended up finding another job, started at that job and then finally received my call to work and start training.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just the standard cliche questions you normally expect. Strengths/Weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

I found a job closer to home. They offered great pay. However, downside was that you worked crazy hours, could be sent anywhere in the country and did not know where you would be going until after 2 weeks of training. This may be great for some, just not for me.

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2011.

My interview was with a panel of engineers, no HR. They went through my resume and talked about past experience. Not too heavy on behavioral questions.

No negotiation.

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2012.

Basic questions with no in depth knowledge from the interviewer.

Geologist - Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview was very enjoyable. No behavioral questions. Just technical.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in August 2008.

Started off by talking to the recruiters at my schools career fair. Then had an on-campus interview, pretty standard stuff, pretty relaxed though. It wasn't too stressful, but I was the first interview of the day. Overall pretty good interview process.