Chesapeake Energy

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2014.

Process is taking quite a while. I had a pre-screening phone interview, and then called in for an actual interview. It only lasted 30 min. Haven't received an email saying i didn't get the position, also haven't received a call saying I did. Going on about a month after hearing anything.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple, basic interview questions relating to my previous positions.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

In the fall of 2013, I was scheduled for a first phone interview with a recruiter from the HR department. It didn't happen. I received a second phone call from another recruiter to reschedule a phone interview. I waited the week after, nothing happened. Finally, after a week, I received another phone call to reschedule the interview that I was suppose to have initially. The person who interviewed me hinted that the first two recruiters "left" their company. The truth is that these two recruiters got laid off. This tells me a lot about the company.

Afterwards, I was able to land an onsite interview. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain my projects on my resume, how much I can bench press, and how do I learn something quickly.   Answer Question

Stability is an issue for me. I am not optimistic about Chesapeake Energy after doing further research.

I/E Tech Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in May 2012.

I was giving a phone interview then was asked for a face to face interview. I was treated very unprofessional the supervisor throw a card across the table

Interview Questions
    • questioned me about my resume after i explaned the things on it   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2012.

Went through first round of interviews on campus. That was narrowed down to a select few to interview at headquarters. Interviews at headquarters took all day. I had to interview with each accounting department’s intern mentor. This was done to see what would be the best fit for me. We received a campus tour, lunch with other applicants and mentors.

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2014.

The University Relations department called me a week after my initial application to schedule an interview for the end of the week. I had about two days of notice for the interview, so be prepared to research the company. They asked questions related to my resume but focused mainly on behavioral questions. The interview was via webcam and only last 20 minutes. Three people from the accounting department asked the various questions. All were encouraging through the interview. Have questions prepared for them as well, so they know you are seriously interested in the internship. I only had one interview before accepting their offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite thing about working at _________?   Answer Question

Pumper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Communication was terrible. Took over 6 months to get back to me after the interview. Needless to say I had already accepted a job with a different company. Did the same thing with a few other people I know as well.

Interview Questions

Called me 6 months after interview already had a different job.

Land Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2014.

No technical questions were asked. My resume demonstrated I had all the requisite technical knowledge and experience the position required. The interview was by two line managers who asked a lot of details about my previous experience. The interview ultimately clearly focused on determining whether or not I would fit in with their group.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was a surprisingly pointed inquiry into my interests outside work.   Answer Question

Field Geologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2012.

I was emailed to schedule a phone interview, in which questions that I asked about the company could be answered. They also asked questions about myself to see how well I would fit the position. After the first phone interview, I was called for a shorter one a month later and was offered a position.
    "How well do you handle changes in weather?"
    "Are you willing to travel?"

Interview Questions
    • "What is the hardest aspect about yourself that you have had to overcome?"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in July 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week and a half later. The interview was held at corporate headquarters. First half of the interview was going over my resume. Second half consisted of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Rig Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2010.

Easy Process, but time consuming. Make sure to follow all paperwork steps and be patient... This process will take quite a while to get your paperwork through all the channels it goes through.

Interview Questions
    • How does a negative backflow pump work?   View Answer

Hiring paperwork took too long to process.