Chesapeake Energy

41 candidate interviews

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interviewed with CHK at career fair in spring 2014. First interview was brief and very pleasant with not difficult questions, mostly asked about research/work experience and how my skills would contribute to the company. I was contacted the following Monday to arrange an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of two interviews with two managers in each. These were more formal but still casual and they mostly asked how my thesis research could relate to industry. The campus is amazing and unfortunately I was notified two days later that I was not receiving an offer.

Interview Question – What are some of CHK's shale plays?   View Answer

Engineering Tech Interview

Engineering Tech

Interviewed at Chesapeake Energy

Interview Details – Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2014.

Interview Details – My interview process was very smooth. I applied and was contacted within a week to come in for an interview. I meet with three key leaders and had an offer for the position that evening. My recruiter even contacted me after hours to accomodate my needs

Interview Question – I felt like the interview questions were very relatable to the position that I was intervewing for and was able to answer all of them without any that surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview Details – Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Chesapeake Energy

Interview Details – Hired through contracting company

Interview Question – We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2013.

Interview Details – campus interview.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. But study the company's profile   Answer Question

Data Quality Technician/Engineering Technician I Interview

Data Quality Technician/Engineering Technician I
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly quick process, only took a couple of days. after doing the face to face interview the hiring manager stated to me that the job is mine and that all I have to wait for is the background check, about 2 weeks later the recruiter called me to tell me that I was not offered the position.

Interview Question – Regular standard interview questions   Answer Question

SWD Operator Interview

SWD Operator
Woodward, OK

I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in December 2012.

Interview Details – Way too long and drawn out. If you are truly in need of a job; you may starve before they process you

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received this interview after applying through my Universities carer center and talking to them at the Job Fair. It was a very pleasant interview. The man I spoke with was young and obviously loved his job and Chesapeake. The interview was very straightforward and consisted of simply discussing my resume and past experiences. The man loved breaking up the questions with small talk.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Geologist

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2012.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on careerbuilder and created a profile on linked-in. Shortly after I was contacted by Chesapeake regarding a Geologist job working on the oil/gas land rigs. The interview process was very easy, they asked my cliche interview questions and did not drill me about my experience (bc they required none). However, after I accepted their offer, they strung ma along for almost 4 months. I ended up finding another job, started at that job and then finally received my call to work and start training.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just the standard cliche questions you normally expect. Strengths/Weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found a job closer to home. They offered great pay. However, downside was that you worked crazy hours, could be sent anywhere in the country and did not know where you would be going until after 2 weeks of training. This may be great for some, just not for me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chesapeake Energy

Worked for Chesapeake Energy? Contribute to the Community!