Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

Rig Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2010.

Easy Process, but time consuming. Make sure to follow all paperwork steps and be patient... This process will take quite a while to get your paperwork through all the channels it goes through.

Interview Questions
    • How does a negative backflow pump work?   View Answer

Hiring paperwork took too long to process.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in April 2014.

First interviewed with CHK at career fair in spring 2014. First interview was brief and very pleasant with not difficult questions, mostly asked about research/work experience and how my skills would contribute to the company. I was contacted the following Monday to arrange an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of two interviews with two managers in each. These were more formal but still casual and they mostly asked how my thesis research could relate to industry. The campus is amazing and unfortunately I was notified two days later that I was not receiving an offer.

Engineering Tech Interview

Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2014.

My interview process was very smooth. I applied and was contacted within a week to come in for an interview. I meet with three key leaders and had an offer for the position that evening. My recruiter even contacted me after hours to accomodate my needs

Interview Questions
    • I felt like the interview questions were very relatable to the position that I was intervewing for and was able to answer all of them without any that surprised me.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question
    Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Business Analyst Interview

Hired through contracting company

Interview Questions
    • We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2013.

campus interview.

Data Quality Technician/Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2013.

Fairly quick process, only took a couple of days. after doing the face to face interview the hiring manager stated to me that the job is mine and that all I have to wait for is the background check, about 2 weeks later the recruiter called me to tell me that I was not offered the position.

SWD Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodward, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodward, OK

interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in December 2012.

Way too long and drawn out. If you are truly in need of a job; you may starve before they process you

Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2013.

I received this interview after applying through my Universities carer center and talking to them at the Job Fair. It was a very pleasant interview. The man I spoke with was young and obviously loved his job and Chesapeake. The interview was very straightforward and consisted of simply discussing my resume and past experiences. The man loved breaking up the questions with small talk.

Interview Questions

Worked for Chesapeake Energy? Contribute to the Community!