Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Informal interview with two other accountants in different fields. Asked various questions related to accounting and the fields you would like to go into. Followed by tour of facilities and more on campus interviews.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearsall, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Pearsall, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Very brief, they almost immediately gave me the position. I interviewed with the Area manager, he walked me over to the dispatch office and showed me what they do on a daily basis. We went over the compensation package and was briefed on shift times and work load expectations. I sat with the dispatcher on shift and shadowed for 30 minutes or so. They said they would be in touch. I received a call the next day to start work.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

They did a really great job. I was so excited to be a part of this company after the interview. It really blew me away! The recruiters were incredibly professional and helped me out a lot during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Name your three best qualities   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a phase.

Lease Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewers were easy to talk to yet professional. Asked the basic interview questions. Outlined the position and benefits in full. They answered all my questions and I was satisfied with their responses. lasted about 25-35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you ran into a problem and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Lease Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back for an interview within 1 week, straight forward interview asking about my previous jobs, my in treat in oil and gas proffession, one line manager was staring at his notes while another seemed very intrested, lasted 30 minutes, and was told they would call, talked about what it would be like when I worked there however it has been a week and I haven't heard back

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would set you apart from others?   1 Answer

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I have applied for no less than 9 positions for which I would be qualified. Was finally contacted by HR for a pre-screen conversation. Afterwards I was contacted for a phone interview with the HM of the position, the Credit Manager. Overall the phone interview went horrible. The HM could barely speak English and it was very clear English was a second language to Spanish. When I stated I had 20 years experience in commercial credit, his response was "Oh". Ding Ding Ding, old guy (in my 40's and he had viewed my Linkedin.com profile prior to the call). Having researched the hiring manager he is clearly in his very early 30's and was new in the role. Needless to say, the next day I received the generic decline letter. Overall, a very sad experience. Phone interviews are the laziest way a company can interview people. I have since decided not to do phone interviews for in town companies. I give my full attention while on a phone interview, and I can't compete with the hiring manager checking email, facebook and etc while doing a phone screening. HR companies; put the "human" back in interviews. You're missing quality talent by phone screening.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2014.

Interview

Process is taking quite a while. I had a pre-screening phone interview, and then called in for an actual interview. It only lasted 30 min. Haven't received an email saying i didn't get the position, also haven't received a call saying I did. Going on about a month after hearing anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple, basic interview questions relating to my previous positions.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

In the fall of 2013, I was scheduled for a first phone interview with a recruiter from the HR department. It didn't happen. I received a second phone call from another recruiter to reschedule a phone interview. I waited the week after, nothing happened. Finally, after a week, I received another phone call to reschedule the interview that I was suppose to have initially. The person who interviewed me hinted that the first two recruiters "left" their company. The truth is that these two recruiters got laid off. This tells me a lot about the company. Afterwards, I was able to land an onsite interview. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my projects on my resume, how much I can bench press, and how do I learn something quickly.   Answer Question

Stability is an issue for me. I am not optimistic about Chesapeake Energy after doing further research.

I/E Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in May 2012.

Interview

I was giving a phone interview then was asked for a face to face interview. I was treated very unprofessional the supervisor throw a card across the table

Interview Questions

• questioned me about my resume after i explaned the things on it   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2012.

Interview

Went through first round of interviews on campus. That was narrowed down to a select few to interview at headquarters. Interviews at headquarters took all day. I had to interview with each accounting department’s intern mentor. This was done to see what would be the best fit for me. We received a campus tour, lunch with other applicants and mentors.