Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions & Reviews

41 interviews

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2011.

My interview was with a panel of engineers, no HR. They went through my resume and talked about past experience. Not too heavy on behavioral questions.

No negotiation.

Landman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in June 2009.

It was a minimalist interview

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in June 2011.

I was called to a phone pre screening interview and asked to come in for a one on one interview. I interviewed with who would have been my direct supervisor and then also with her supervisor. I was asked generic interview question as well as some specific questions regarding investments.

Interview Questions
    • Why would a company have $20 million dollars setting in a bank account?   View Answer

IT Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2011.

The interview was a very basic interview at first. Talked on the phone with the two main guys. Then I was asked to come in for a panel interview. A few days later I was made an offer. Overall it went very well and it was pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    I accepted their offer immediately.

Employee Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in January 2012.

My first interview was a screening. I was asked basic personal questions about my skills strengths and weeknesses. The first question that was asked was what did I know about Chesapeake. I was asked what is the most difficult part of my job. I was asked what are two strengths and one weekness. I was asked why do I want towork for Chesapeake. The interviewer was nice and typed everything I said. There will be another phone interview today and possibly a face to face interview if this goes well. Sometimes interviewing with Chesapeake is a multistep process and sometimes it's a one time interview and then a decision, depending on the departmental needs.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  El Reno, OK
    Anonymous Employee in El Reno, OK

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2011.

Got the phone interview through an employment agency. The interview took 15 minutes and asked about 10 questions. A few about your current employer, past experiences, and what you look for in a potential employer, and what you knew about their company already. They said I should hear back in the next two weeks, never heard anything.

Associate Geologist Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2011.

First contact was through a career fair in OK. Had first interview one on one for about a 1/2 hour. Got a call back a few weeks later for a formal interview at CHK campus. Flew in night before on their dime. Interview process took ~ 6 hours including a lunch. Went through 4-5 interviews with 2-5 CHK people at a time.

Interview Questions
    • How does your past experience qualify you for this position?   Answer Question
    I received a fair offer and did not negotiate further.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2011.

The interviewer gave me a behavioral review. I was asked questions on ethics, future goals, past experiences (and what I learned from them), and job preferences. It was pretty simple and straight forward. The interviewer also gave me ample time to ask him questions about their company, his work experience, and his company's culture. Actually what frustrated me is that I received a review from my interview performance, and scored mostly 'excellent" but didn't receive a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is situation where you were ethically challenge? How did you respond to the ethical dilemma? Why?   Answer Question

Associate Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2011.

I submitted an abstract to AAPG expo in Houston, TX and I was contacted prior to the expo for an interview. The interview was friendly and not terribly formal; it was a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a specialized technique in my research. This technique has limited application to the petroleum plays being pursued by Chesapeake... The interviewer basically went on to ask what that technique offered them.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in August 2010.

I applied online through the company's career webpage. I submitted my resume and application and received a confirmation email within one hour. I was then contacted by phone with two days to set up an interview time. The phone interview consisted of 10 purely behavioral questions: what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. I was underqualified for the position, and was not offered. I was somewhat curious to know why the HR representative hadn't reviewed my resume to check that I met the qualifications, but couldn't get a straight answer. Overall, the experience was a good one, though I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name three of your greatest strengths and one weakness.   Answer Question