Chesapeake Energy

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2012.

Went through first round of interviews on campus. That was narrowed down to a select few to interview at headquarters. Interviews at headquarters took all day. I had to interview with each accounting department’s intern mentor. This was done to see what would be the best fit for me. We received a campus tour, lunch with other applicants and mentors.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in March 2012.

The interview was by phone and it was so difficult to hear the questions due to the persons office being on a busy street , which they acknowledged. Why if they knew people could not hear them would they put you through asking to repeat the questions and answers (both ways) Then they sat and just talked to each other just friendly conversation and then would apologize. It was a huge waste of 20 min of my life and the time I mentally prepared for it. I never heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • I am sorry can you repeat that again and again.   View Answer

Geologist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2012.

I posted my resume on careerbuilder and created a profile on linked-in. Shortly after I was contacted by Chesapeake regarding a Geologist job working on the oil/gas land rigs. The interview process was very easy, they asked my cliche interview questions and did not drill me about my experience (bc they required none). However, after I accepted their offer, they strung ma along for almost 4 months. I ended up finding another job, started at that job and then finally received my call to work and start training.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just the standard cliche questions you normally expect. Strengths/Weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

I found a job closer to home. They offered great pay. However, downside was that you worked crazy hours, could be sent anywhere in the country and did not know where you would be going until after 2 weeks of training. This may be great for some, just not for me.

Field Geologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2012.

I was emailed to schedule a phone interview, in which questions that I asked about the company could be answered. They also asked questions about myself to see how well I would fit the position. After the first phone interview, I was called for a shorter one a month later and was offered a position.
    "How well do you handle changes in weather?"
    "Are you willing to travel?"

Interview Questions
    • "What is the hardest aspect about yourself that you have had to overcome?"   Answer Question

Employee Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in January 2012.

My first interview was a screening. I was asked basic personal questions about my skills strengths and weeknesses. The first question that was asked was what did I know about Chesapeake. I was asked what is the most difficult part of my job. I was asked what are two strengths and one weekness. I was asked why do I want towork for Chesapeake. The interviewer was nice and typed everything I said. There will be another phone interview today and possibly a face to face interview if this goes well. Sometimes interviewing with Chesapeake is a multistep process and sometimes it's a one time interview and then a decision, depending on the departmental needs.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Reno, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Reno, OK

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2011.

Got the phone interview through an employment agency. The interview took 15 minutes and asked about 10 questions. A few about your current employer, past experiences, and what you look for in a potential employer, and what you knew about their company already. They said I should hear back in the next two weeks, never heard anything.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2011.

The interviewer gave me a behavioral review. I was asked questions on ethics, future goals, past experiences (and what I learned from them), and job preferences. It was pretty simple and straight forward. The interviewer also gave me ample time to ask him questions about their company, his work experience, and his company's culture. Actually what frustrated me is that I received a review from my interview performance, and scored mostly 'excellent" but didn't receive a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is situation where you were ethically challenge? How did you respond to the ethical dilemma? Why?   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2011.

My interview was with a panel of engineers, no HR. They went through my resume and talked about past experience. Not too heavy on behavioral questions.

No negotiation.

Facilities Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2011.

very good and smooth process for contractors

offer was above expectations

Associate Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2011.

I submitted an abstract to AAPG expo in Houston, TX and I was contacted prior to the expo for an interview. The interview was friendly and not terribly formal; it was a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a specialized technique in my research. This technique has limited application to the petroleum plays being pursued by Chesapeake... The interviewer basically went on to ask what that technique offered them.   View Answer