Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Screener/Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a panel format, the job was specifically for the HR department. There was an additional recruiter who was "video conferenced in." The interview was fairly straight forward, behavioral type questions answered in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• -How do you handle stress? -Would you have a problem taking direction from me?   Answer Question

Geologist - Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Interview was very enjoyable. No behavioral questions. Just technical.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2013.

Interview

Nice campus. Question the future of the company given recent issues in the press and with temporary leadership.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current employer?   1 Answer

Lease Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewers were easy to talk to yet professional. Asked the basic interview questions. Outlined the position and benefits in full. They answered all my questions and I was satisfied with their responses. lasted about 25-35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you ran into a problem and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

SWD Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodward, OK

Application

interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Woodward, OK) in December 2012.

Interview

Way too long and drawn out. If you are truly in need of a job; you may starve before they process you

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2012.

Interview

Went through first round of interviews on campus. That was narrowed down to a select few to interview at headquarters. Interviews at headquarters took all day. I had to interview with each accounting department’s intern mentor. This was done to see what would be the best fit for me. We received a campus tour, lunch with other applicants and mentors.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearsall, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Pearsall, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Very brief, they almost immediately gave me the position. I interviewed with the Area manager, he walked me over to the dispatch office and showed me what they do on a daily basis. We went over the compensation package and was briefed on shift times and work load expectations. I sat with the dispatcher on shift and shadowed for 30 minutes or so. They said they would be in touch. I received a call the next day to start work.

I/E Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in May 2012.

Interview

I was giving a phone interview then was asked for a face to face interview. I was treated very unprofessional the supervisor throw a card across the table

Interview Questions

• questioned me about my resume after i explaned the things on it   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was by phone and it was so difficult to hear the questions due to the persons office being on a busy street , which they acknowledged. Why if they knew people could not hear them would they put you through asking to repeat the questions and answers (both ways) Then they sat and just talked to each other just friendly conversation and then would apologize. It was a huge waste of 20 min of my life and the time I mentally prepared for it. I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• I am sorry can you repeat that again and again.   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Chesapeake Energy in February 2012.

Interview

I posted my resume on careerbuilder and created a profile on linked-in. Shortly after I was contacted by Chesapeake regarding a Geologist job working on the oil/gas land rigs. The interview process was very easy, they asked my cliche interview questions and did not drill me about my experience (bc they required none). However, after I accepted their offer, they strung ma along for almost 4 months. I ended up finding another job, started at that job and then finally received my call to work and start training.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just the standard cliche questions you normally expect. Strengths/Weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

I found a job closer to home. They offered great pay. However, downside was that you worked crazy hours, could be sent anywhere in the country and did not know where you would be going until after 2 weeks of training. This may be great for some, just not for me.