Chevron

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chevron in August 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter from San Ramon called and told me how lucky I was for being called upon and convinced me to fly to Houston for an interview. The recruiter mistakenly cancelled the interview as I arrived to the location. Interview was mostly behavioral and performed by three people during one hour. I never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing was getting a cancellation notice just as I had finished checking in with Chevron security. And then having to scramble and call people to find out what was going on.   View Answer

Covington, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Chevron in October 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview consisted of personal introduction following company presentation on campus. Afterwards interviews were determined based on personal introduction. Interview consisted of two one on one interviews. Questions ranged from general situational questions to off the wall questions to see how a person would react.

Throughout the internship, people were continuously approaching interns and interacting as if you were in a ten week interview.

Interview Questions

• Why were you not the first person to sign up for an interview?   View Answer
  • How would you market Chevron in a way that has never been marketed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only thing that was negotiable was vacation. I chose not negotiate salary. Bonus and scholarship were non negotiable. All questions during negotiation were answered in a timely and professional manner.

Houston, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chevron in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was very well structured, as expected from a 60,000+ person company. All interview questions were behavior-based. No technical questions. I went through two rounds of interviews before being offered a position. One was on-campus, the other was on-site at Chevron's New Orleans' office. Interview candidates should review standard interview questions as described by managertools.com, as Chevron heavily uses these types of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have faced conflict in either your personal or professional life, and detail how you solved that conflict.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever realized that you made a decision that was incorrect? What do you do when you realized this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I may have been able to negotiate, but did not as it was my first job out of college and I felt that the offer was sufficient.

Picayune, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chevron in July 2011.

Interview Details – Someone from Chevron HRs in San Francisco called me for an interview for the business analyst position in Mississippi. She scheduled a panel interview for me at the Chevron Facility in Picayune; MS. Everything was nice and efficient. The one hour long interview was mostly "tell me about a situation" type.
At the end of the interview the facility manager asked me to contact him if I don't hear anything back from them in two weeks.
I called and left a message after two weeks. Didn't hear anything. After waiting another weeks I sent an email to the facility manager. No response.
Today, after five weeks from the interview, I contacted to the HRs lady in San Francisco and learned that they hired an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Tell me about a difficult situation in your career and how you managed it?
      Answer Question
  • What do you think of a quality of leader?
    What tools you used to accomplished your job?
      Answer Question

San Ramon, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chevron in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a group of people. Questions were basic reporting questions.

Interview Question – What is your experience as a business analyst   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!

Chevron Videos

Chevron – Why Work for Us?

Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy and technology companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide under the Chevron, Texaco, and Caltex brands. The company's success is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chevron Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chevron employees and interview candidates.