Chevron Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I received a call 3 weeks after initial online application. 1st Step: Phone interview w/HR 2nd Step: Interview w/ group panel. 3rd step: Called in again for 2nd meeting w/ hiring manager. Was shown around the work area and explained in more detail on operations. Was also introduced to Director. Process lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not difficult. Standard questions " Tell me about a time...." " How would you handle...."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

A recruiter from San Ramon called and told me how lucky I was for being called upon and convinced me to fly to Houston for an interview. The recruiter mistakenly cancelled the interview as I arrived to the location. Interview was mostly behavioral and performed by three people during one hour. I never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing was getting a cancellation notice just as I had finished checking in with Chevron security. And then having to scramble and call people to find out what was going on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Picayune, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevron (Picayune, MS) in July 2011.

Interview

Someone from Chevron HRs in San Francisco called me for an interview for the business analyst position in Mississippi. She scheduled a panel interview for me at the Chevron Facility in Picayune; MS. Everything was nice and efficient. The one hour long interview was mostly "tell me about a situation" type.
    At the end of the interview the facility manager asked me to contact him if I don't hear anything back from them in two weeks.
    I called and left a message after two weeks. Didn't hear anything. After waiting another weeks I sent an email to the facility manager. No response.
    Today, after five weeks from the interview, I contacted to the HRs lady in San Francisco and learned that they hired an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a difficult situation in your career and how you managed it?

Answer Question
    • What do you think of a quality of leader?
      What tools you used to accomplished your job?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview process was very well structured, as expected from a 60,000+ person company. All interview questions were behavior-based. No technical questions. I went through two rounds of interviews before being offered a position. One was on-campus, the other was on-site at Chevron's New Orleans' office. Interview candidates should review standard interview questions as described by managertools.com, as Chevron heavily uses these types of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have faced conflict in either your personal or professional life, and detail how you solved that conflict.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever realized that you made a decision that was incorrect? What do you do when you realized this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I may have been able to negotiate, but did not as it was my first job out of college and I felt that the offer was sufficient.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of people. Questions were basic reporting questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as a business analyst   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron (Covington, LA) in October 2008.

Interview

Initial interview consisted of personal introduction following company presentation on campus. Afterwards interviews were determined based on personal introduction. Interview consisted of two one on one interviews. Questions ranged from general situational questions to off the wall questions to see how a person would react.

Throughout the internship, people were continuously approaching interns and interacting as if you were in a ten week interview.

Interview Questions

• Why were you not the first person to sign up for an interview?   1 Answer
    • How would you market Chevron in a way that has never been marketed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only thing that was negotiable was vacation. I chose not negotiate salary. Bonus and scholarship were non negotiable. All questions during negotiation were answered in a timely and professional manner.