Chevron Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Very good experiences

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Engineer Interview

Initial communication is easy. a lot of behavior questoins. need to prepare for a good presentation.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions are not difficult. just need to do a technical presentation. more emphasis is on the communication skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in August 2008.

Contacted through career services, had an initial dinner with them the night before, then went to their offices the next day.
    3 one on one interviews, about 45 minutes each.
    They mostly asked the same questions, so I was unsure if I should tell the same stories over and over.
    I tried to vary it up a bit and by the time I got to the last interviewer I had run out of new examples and flubbed it.
    Turns out you CAN tell the same stories over and over.... just a tip.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed at something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an underperforming team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in July 2007.

Overall good interview and very well prepared interviewer.
    The interviewer was very well informed about the company, the different career paths, benefits, and other perks. The interview followed the typical behavioral interview format. There was good flow of information in both directions. The interviewer was focused on determining whether I was a match for the company and was also interested in finding out what were my major inclinations with respect to my career path.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to relocate aborad?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chevron.

There was an opening so I applied and got the interview about work experience, to be assigned any where in the country as to the location where the vacant position is. The remuneration was based on your experience as well as the industry practice on that time.

Interview Questions
    • Are able to be relocated to any part of the contry?   View Answer
    Based upon the experience and willingness to get tha job.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuwait (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuwait (Kuwait)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Chevron in April 2011.

I got a call from company and then called to office for interview

Interview Questions
    Salary scale is there. so no need any negotiation.

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in April 2012.

It was a behavioral interview-- wasn't too difficult as long as you kept on your feet about answering the interviewer's questions. Chevron seems like a great place to work; however, I'm not sure if the oil industry is the right place for me after talking to the interviewer. More importantly, they heavily recruit potential employees who have been in the oil industry before.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time that you had difficulty working in a team and how did you resolve the issues.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in June 2011.

The hiring process for internship through the training programme in which I was hired was not so procedural. It simply entailed organizing a test for quite a couple of us based on our cummulative grade point average in school and nothing more i.e it didn't not entail the use of cirriculum vitae(CV) in the selection process. The test entailed both quantitative and verbal aptitude questions, as well as questions relating to our section of training.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in October 2011.

In the panel interview, there were three people, including the head of the area trainers. I assume the other two were area trainers, though it was never stated. The first part of the interview was a general discussion of the position again. Then they took turns asking pre-determined questions and taking notes. There were questions in the area of training, multi-tasking and safety. An example question: “Tell me about a time that you had to multi-task a project.” Another was “Tell me about a training experience. How did it go and what could have been done differently or better?”

Interview Questions
    • How have you used your personal network to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    well-prepare

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in March 2011.

i was invited for an recruitment forum. The invitation was based on a CV selection and Chevron invited me for an interview. it was a one to one interview with 3 chevron stuff. It was relax I was well prepared and interviewer had a good technical background. it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    I got an offer but I had no space to discuss the offer, i had just to accept or reject.

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!