Chevron

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Facilities Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – Good straight forward interview, I talked to three different interviewers and their questions were smooth, nice and straight forward. Human Resources discussions were also great, they work you thru the process in the very best way imaginable, except for when they nervously started asking for my immigration status and related things of that nature.

Belle Chasse, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – I first interviewed on-campus and received a second interview several months later. The second interview consisted of three 30 min interviews in the morning, a 30 min discussion with an HR manager after lunch, a brief talk about my results from my graduate work, and, finally, an interview with the Technical Manager. The experience was good overall, and I learned a lot about the interview process. The people were great, in general. They really love working for Chevron. I was very impressed by not only the plant and the people, but also their community outreach efforts.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected. They dealt with communication, how you deal with conflicts/disagreements, leadership roles, and how you interact in a diverse group of individuals (cultural, socioeconomical, etc).   Answer Question

Interviewed at Chevron

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at an on-campus career fair. Received an email inviting me to interview. Interviewed for an hour with two people who asked behavioral questions. Said it could take a couple months for me to hear back

Interview Question – Describe a time when you assumed a leadership role without being designated as the leader   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – On campus representatives came to my school and I was selected for an interview. First interview was mainly behavioral questions. Waiting for the next step.

Interview Question – What was a time when you had to assume a leadership position when you weren't a leader   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chevron in August 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at an on-campus event. I received a call back for an interview later that day to be held on campus the following day. I was surprised at how little they asked about academic record/school in general. The questions were mostly scenario based where you give them a situation you've been in where you had to do X,Y, and Z. and how did you do it.

Interview Question – Can you think of a time where you had to work with a team to meet a deadline?   View Answer

Facilities Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – Behavioral Based Questions
Example: Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision during a project. What was the process? What was the outcome?

What are you strengths and challenges?

What do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?

Describe your leadership positions and how it has helped you during your college career?

Interview Question – Not really difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because offer was competitive compared to other oil and gas companies

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Chevron in October 2010.

Interview Details – Had one interview for the internship. This interview only lasted about 45 minutes and was completely behavior in style. Questions ranged from tell me a time you struggled with a moral dilemma to discuss your style of leadership. My interviewer was very nice and walked me through the interview. This was the first interview I had ever had.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chevron in September 2010.

Interview Details – You apply online and wait for them contact you. One person interviews you. They use the STAR method. No technical questions were asked in my case. All the questions ere situation based. Be thorough and sincere in your answers. It is a straightforward interview but the positions are very competitive. Don't get discouraged if you don't get a job offer

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview with a recruiter

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and had to find a solution to a problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty standard. 2 rounds of 1:1 interviews then extended an offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation. Accept or reject

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!

Chevron Videos

Chevron – Why Work for Us?

Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy and technology companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide under the Chevron, Texaco, and Caltex brands. The company's success is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chevron Facilities Engineer interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chevron employees and interview candidates.