Chevron Facilities Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Facilities Engineer Interview

Got an interview at career fair and had it two days later. Was very relaxed. Asked you a few hiring questions at the beginning and then all of the questions were name a situation when... type questions. Interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you took a leadership role in a group project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron in September 2014.

I applied through my university and was contacted about a week later to set up an on-campus interview.

The interviewer was an engineer who had held multiple different positions in the company. She was kind and talkative, making the interview flow more like a conversation. Initially she just asked me to tell her a little about myself. Then asked me why I chose to interview with Chevron. After those the interview move on to the typical "STAR" behavioral questions. The questions I was asked were:

Name a time you had to gather and analyze data for a project.
    Name a time you had a conflict with a team member and how you resolved the issue.
    Name a time you had to convince a team member that your solution was the better option.

Overall it was an easy interview, you just have to have stories ready for the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly easy. I guess the gathering and analyzing data question was the hardest because there were so many instances i could've talked about that picking one was tough.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron.

Went to college career fair. Was accepted for an interview a few days later. I was interviewed by two Chevron engineers on my college campus. It was a behavioral interview. "Tell us about a time when you saw someone doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. What did you do?" "Tell us about a time where you didn't know how to do something. What did you do?" "Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker?" They also asked about leading others. It was actually pretty laid back.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when you faced an ethical decision?"   View Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

Good straight forward interview, I talked to three different interviewers and their questions were smooth, nice and straight forward. Human Resources discussions were also great, they work you thru the process in the very best way imaginable, except for when they nervously started asking for my immigration status and related things of that nature.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Chasse, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Chasse, LA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron.

I first interviewed on-campus and received a second interview several months later. The second interview consisted of three 30 min interviews in the morning, a 30 min discussion with an HR manager after lunch, a brief talk about my results from my graduate work, and, finally, an interview with the Technical Manager. The experience was good overall, and I learned a lot about the interview process. The people were great, in general. They really love working for Chevron. I was very impressed by not only the plant and the people, but also their community outreach efforts.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. They dealt with communication, how you deal with conflicts/disagreements, leadership roles, and how you interact in a diverse group of individuals (cultural, socioeconomical, etc).   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Met with recruiters at an on-campus career fair. Received an email inviting me to interview. Interviewed for an hour with two people who asked behavioral questions. Said it could take a couple months for me to hear back

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you assumed a leadership role without being designated as the leader   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron.

On campus representatives came to my school and I was selected for an interview. First interview was mainly behavioral questions. Waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you had to assume a leadership position when you weren't a leader   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron in October 2013.

I was a freshman at my university and met Chevron through the school career fair. I was interviewed by two engineering employees. They were polite and realistic. It was a behavioural interview and they didn't ask any technical questions. I interviewed in October, and they answered me in early February. I will try to get a job with this company next career fair!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you saw someone doing something wrong and you had to correct them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chevron in August 2013.

Met with recruiters at an on-campus event. I received a call back for an interview later that day to be held on campus the following day. I was surprised at how little they asked about academic record/school in general. The questions were mostly scenario based where you give them a situation you've been in where you had to do X,Y, and Z. and how did you do it.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time where you had to work with a team to meet a deadline?   View Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron.

Behavioral Based Questions
    Example: Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision during a project. What was the process? What was the outcome?

What are you strengths and challenges?

What do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?

Describe your leadership positions and how it has helped you during your college career?

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate because offer was competitive compared to other oil and gas companies