Chevron Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.8

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

LNG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chevron.

Submit resume online.
    Made interview short list.
    Interview by 4 team panel.
    Each person asks a question.
    Interview lasted 1 hour.
    Internal posting, so did not require to wear formal business attire.
    After interview, panel enters scores into ranking tool to evaluate candidates.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron in June 2014.

I received a call 3 weeks after initial online application. 1st Step: Phone interview w/HR 2nd Step: Interview w/ group panel. 3rd step: Called in again for 2nd meeting w/ hiring manager. Was shown around the work area and explained in more detail on operations. Was also introduced to Director. Process lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were not difficult. Standard questions " Tell me about a time...." " How would you handle...."   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chevron.

The interview will be a group/panel interview consisting of about 2-3 individuals. One with the hiring manager, another person that the potential candidate may have interactions with if hired, and an expert from a sister company within the company. You will be asked questions on your skill set, but most of the questions are behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions were behavioral (situational) based questions so make sure that you have examples to back up your answers.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

Applied through my school's career services website. First interview, at my school campus, was one-on-one and lasted about 40-45 minutes. Second round consisted of three interviews at their office building, all of them one-on-one and all lasting about 45 minutes each. Heard back within a week after first round, and within two weeks after second round.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions and some basic accounting questions, nothing too complicated. eg. Free cash flow vs. net income, capitalization, depreciation vs. amortization.   Answer Question

Completions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in November 2013.

Contacted by recruiter to discuss job. Invited for an on site interview. very informal interview, interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate

Drilling and Completions Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in November 2013.

There are a few stages in the hiring process including multiple interviews. Usually you are asked pretty standard questions. What most people don't know, however, is that Chevron's drug tests include both a hair and urine sample. They will spring it on you at an unexpected time so be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation you've been in where you responded with integrity and how did that affect the task at hand   Answer Question

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

I submitted my resume on the company's website and got a call from a Project Manager the following week. He talked about the position and I felt the position was a good fit so we scheduled a face to face. I interviewed with a panel of four. One of the panel members was on video conference from Calf. They each rotated and asked behavioral questions. They asked around 20 questions. They didn't ask any technical questions. Overall, I felt that the interview was very easy and I felt comfortable throughout the interview. I left the interview confident that I landed the job.

Usually, HR contacts candidate to screen and schedule interviews. This didn't happen in my case. The PM that contacted me didn't tell me the salary range for this position. I heard Chevron pays very well and was not concerned. More than a week after my interview, the manager sent me an email stating that they were very interested in extending an offer. Everything looked good but the salary was 10% lower than my current salary. I was willing to take a pay cut for an opportunity to join Chevron so I ask them to meet me half way and I asked for more. The manager contacted HR and his supervisor but they would not negotiate. Regardless, the salary was above average. However, not enough to attract me.

I wish I would have known the salary range prior to the interview. Everyone could have avoided wasted time. Overall, I walk away with a positive attitude. The panel was friendly and I know how to ace the interview at Chevron. I will continue to pursue a position at Chevron that is within my acceptable salary range. In the end, I learned several lessons that will help me be successful the next time I interview with Chevron.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult experience you had on a project?   Answer Question

Salary too low and no room to negotiate.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

The initial interview was an on campus sitdown with a recruiter and someone from the finance department. A few basic accounting questions were asked but nothing seriously challenging. The second set of interviews was rotational at there finance and accounting location in Houston. More of the same types of questions

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between amortization and depreciation? When you are feeling stressed at work what do you do to relax?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

Submitted resume and contacted about accounting analyst position. Set up an on-campus interview that was done on Skype. Two interviewers were friendly and happy to tell me all about Chevron. Questions mostly centered around my major, experiences that made me a fit candidate, some behavioral questions. Lasted 45 minutes to an hour. Contacted about a week later with an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Chevron in August 2013.

A recruiter from San Ramon called and told me how lucky I was for being called upon and convinced me to fly to Houston for an interview. The recruiter mistakenly cancelled the interview as I arrived to the location. Interview was mostly behavioral and performed by three people during one hour. I never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was getting a cancellation notice just as I had finished checking in with Chevron security. And then having to scramble and call people to find out what was going on.   View Answer