Chevron

Relevance Date Difficulty

LNG Analyst Interview

LNG Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – Submit resume online.
Made interview short list.
Interview by 4 team panel.
Each person asks a question.
Interview lasted 1 hour.
Internal posting, so did not require to wear formal business attire.
After interview, panel enters scores into ranking tool to evaluate candidates.

Interview Question – Why are you the best candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Drilling and Completions Intern Interview

Drilling and Completions Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chevron in November 2013.

Interview Details – There are a few stages in the hiring process including multiple interviews. Usually you are asked pretty standard questions. What most people don't know, however, is that Chevron's drug tests include both a hair and urine sample. They will spring it on you at an unexpected time so be prepared!

Interview Question – Name a situation you've been in where you responded with integrity and how did that affect the task at hand   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – The interview will be a group/panel interview consisting of about 2-3 individuals. One with the hiring manager, another person that the potential candidate may have interactions with if hired, and an expert from a sister company within the company. You will be asked questions on your skill set, but most of the questions are behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions were behavioral (situational) based questions so make sure that you have examples to back up your answers.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chevron in October 2010.

Interview Details – submit your CV resume, wait for a call, then there was a 3 panel interviewers from HR, Operations, Finance

GIS Analyst Interview

GIS Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Chevron in March 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy. 6 months from my first phone interview to my first day on the job. Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with an HR representative, then 2 interviews in the office, each with multiple employees and managers. I was given plenty of opportunities to ask questions of my own about the company culture, work expectations, growth opportunity, etc. All of my questions were well received and answered. Overall, it was a difficult interview process with lots of questions concerning my technical ability and business knowledge.

Interview Question – Describe how you would address a customers needs when you expect that they aren't reasonably achievable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate, but their initial offer was very fair.

Completions Engineer Interview

Completions Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Chevron in November 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter to discuss job. Invited for an on site interview. very informal interview, interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Question – No Difficult Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career services website. First interview, at my school campus, was one-on-one and lasted about 40-45 minutes. Second round consisted of three interviews at their office building, all of them one-on-one and all lasting about 45 minutes each. Heard back within a week after first round, and within two weeks after second round.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions and some basic accounting questions, nothing too complicated. eg. Free cash flow vs. net income, capitalization, depreciation vs. amortization.   Answer Question

Application Developer Interview

Application Developer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on the company's website and got a call from a Project Manager the following week. He talked about the position and I felt the position was a good fit so we scheduled a face to face. I interviewed with a panel of four. One of the panel members was on video conference from Calf. They each rotated and asked behavioral questions. They asked around 20 questions. They didn't ask any technical questions. Overall, I felt that the interview was very easy and I felt comfortable throughout the interview. I left the interview confident that I landed the job.

Usually, HR contacts candidate to screen and schedule interviews. This didn't happen in my case. The PM that contacted me didn't tell me the salary range for this position. I heard Chevron pays very well and was not concerned. More than a week after my interview, the manager sent me an email stating that they were very interested in extending an offer. Everything looked good but the salary was 10% lower than my current salary. I was willing to take a pay cut for an opportunity to join Chevron so I ask them to meet me half way and I asked for more. The manager contacted HR and his supervisor but they would not negotiate. Regardless, the salary was above average. However, not enough to attract me.

I wish I would have known the salary range prior to the interview. Everyone could have avoided wasted time. Overall, I walk away with a positive attitude. The panel was friendly and I know how to ace the interview at Chevron. I will continue to pursue a position at Chevron that is within my acceptable salary range. In the end, I learned several lessons that will help me be successful the next time I interview with Chevron.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult experience you had on a project?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary too low and no room to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

General Office Interview

General Office
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chevron in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. A staffing agency contacted me for a phone interview. Someone from HR called and we had a 15-20 minute telephone interview. The standard questions were about how to deal with co-workers in the workplace, honesty, and "what if" situations.

Interview Question – To be honest there were not any difficult questions. If you know what type of employee you are it is not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation. A solid offer was given and accepted.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chevron.

Interview Details – The initial interview was an on campus sitdown with a recruiter and someone from the finance department. A few basic accounting questions were asked but nothing seriously challenging. The second set of interviews was rotational at there finance and accounting location in Houston. More of the same types of questions

Interview Question – What is the difference between amortization and depreciation? When you are feeling stressed at work what do you do to relax?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!