Chevron Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

phone interview with HR first. a couple of weeks later got phone interview with potential team lead. a few weeks later, got invited to on site interview. on site process: 1. interview with team lead for 20min 2. 40-min technical presentation 3. individual interview with each team member (10-min each) 4. lunch with team

Interview Questions

• technical questions on the presentation and your background   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

in person interview at chevron. It lasted about 30 minutes and standard questions were asked and more detailed information on the position was offered.Most of the questions had nothing to do with the position.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Timeline: Sept - submitting resume mid Oct - on campus interview, 2 interviewers mid Nov - second round interview, 3 separate 1:1's They typically have the results in a week, but they are not very good at notifying people who don't get offers. You may have to call or email. Questions: First round -differences between income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flow -why chevron -what is an integrated oil and gas company -explain a time you have been mentored, and what did you learn and what did you like about it -what are some of Chevron's operations Second round -behavioral questions about leadership, time management, and problem solving / process improvement -a time where you had an emergency, how did you deal with it -what is one thing about your college career that you are most proud of -what do you expect from an employer -questions related to your previous internships / experience -what is the difference between amortization and depreciation -why is total cash flow different from net income -what happens if the account receivable does not reconcile

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions are pretty much from first accounting class, the rest are behavioral.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I gave them my resume at our campus career fair and also applied on our campus recruiting site. I was contacted 3 weeks later to schedule a 45 minute interview. The interview was very friendly and relaxed and I liked the fact that my interviewer was actually from IT. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked a team and any problems you might have had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

There were different areas hiring actually as financial, supply chain and accounting. The first part was in a room with 7 people approximately each one with a specific area. They looked through your CV and asked just easy questions. Background then if they liked your resume you would go to the next round where the questions were more specific to the degree you take and you intend to do with it.

Interview Questions

• Aksed to detail a process that you on excel. Pivotable   Answer Question

LNG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Submit resume online. Made interview short list. Interview by 4 team panel. Each person asks a question. Interview lasted 1 hour. Internal posting, so did not require to wear formal business attire. After interview, panel enters scores into ranking tool to evaluate candidates.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I received a call 3 weeks after initial online application. 1st Step: Phone interview w/HR 2nd Step: Interview w/ group panel. 3rd step: Called in again for 2nd meeting w/ hiring manager. Was shown around the work area and explained in more detail on operations. Was also introduced to Director. Process lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not difficult. Standard questions " Tell me about a time...." " How would you handle...."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview will be a group/panel interview consisting of about 2-3 individuals. One with the hiring manager, another person that the potential candidate may have interactions with if hired, and an expert from a sister company within the company. You will be asked questions on your skill set, but most of the questions are behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were behavioral (situational) based questions so make sure that you have examples to back up your answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through my school's career services website. First interview, at my school campus, was one-on-one and lasted about 40-45 minutes. Second round consisted of three interviews at their office building, all of them one-on-one and all lasting about 45 minutes each. Heard back within a week after first round, and within two weeks after second round.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and some basic accounting questions, nothing too complicated. eg. Free cash flow vs. net income, capitalization, depreciation vs. amortization.   Answer Question

Completions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to discuss job. Invited for an on site interview. very informal interview, interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate