Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions

3.1

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in October 2013.

I had an on-campus interview at my university that was in an informal setting. The interview was conversational and low stress. The interviewing was done in a STAR questioning process that was easy to prepare for.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to lead a group of people to success.   Answer Question

Learning & Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology.

Panel interview using STAR process

Information Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in September 2013.

Many candidates considered. 15 candidates selected and interviewed at University of Houston. Most were MIS and a few CIS majors.

The interview process is all behavioral based with basically zero technical questions. They want to get a feel about who the person is besides what's on a piece a paper. It's all about seeing what one's character is truly made of, what decisions they make in key spots, how you handle situations in life. The STAR process (Situation or Task, Action, and Result) is how they model the interview and it's highly advisable to study this format and relate it towards past experiences in life.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes it's truly hard to pinpoint the question to a specific instance, but that is the goal, to be as specific as possible. The best way to avoid this is to research all of the possible broad scenarios that the STAR format will use as questions and try to fit an experience from your past into each prior to the interview. That way, you'll be able to trigger that for just about any question given.

For the most part, just be yourself and as always, be honest. Another reason why they slant heavily towards the STAR method is because it's easy to tell when one is "fibbing" a story rather than recalling a true event in their life.
        Answer Question

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Chevron Information Technology.

Applied through a referral. Was called in for an on site interview. The group that was interested in hiring me asked me simple questions. Didn't ask any technical questions. Asked about past experiences on my resume. Leadership skills. School projects. What i hope to gain out of this experience. A few weeks later, the supervisor of the group called to give me an offer, which was followed up with an official offer from HR.

Entry Level IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in October 2012.

Applied through my career center and went to an on campus interview. 2:1 Behavioral Interview and also went through my resumes thoroughly. No chemistry at all with the interviewers - kind of snobby.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to work with someone of an older generation.   Answer Question

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in September 2012.

Panel interview with scenario based questions.

Open

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in October 2011.

The interview consisted of a series of q's&a's based on the STAR method. It took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you gave constructive criticism to a friend and the criticism was helpful in the outcome of a particular decision?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in September 2011.

Describe a time you had to work with a difficult colleague?

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in December 2009.

Good people. Three interviews. Good variety of questions. Emphasis on personality fitting into team environment.

no negotiation

Horizons IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevron Information Technology in November 2009.

very responsive to emails and one-to-one meetings setup.
    onsite visit at San Ramon if you get through the first round of interviews.

Horizons program invites college undergrad and grads to try out Chevron IT in their various departments and you're usually assigned to 3-4 assignment during the 5 years in the program.

Interview Questions
    • Please give us one example of something you failed in the past   Answer Question