Chevron

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

Attorney Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chevron.

Submitted application online at Chevron's website. After a few weeks, was interviewed via phone by an in-house recruiter. Then went on-site for a panel interview. Received rejection by mail about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Friendly panel that did not ask difficult questions. A few hypotheticals.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pascagoula, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pascagoula, MS

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron in September 2014.

The interview was with a panel of 3 employees. They were all people part of the talent acquisition. Very nice people that were easy to talk to. I wish a lot more companies were like them.

Non negotiable

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through my university and was contacted about a week later to set up an on-campus interview.

The interviewer was an engineer who had held multiple different positions in the company. She was kind and talkative, making the interview flow more like a conversation. Initially she just asked me to tell her a little about myself. Then asked me why I chose to interview with Chevron. After those the interview move on to the typical "STAR" behavioral questions. The questions I was asked were:

Name a time you had to gather and analyze data for a project.
    Name a time you had a conflict with a team member and how you resolved the issue.
    Name a time you had to convince a team member that your solution was the better option.

Overall it was an easy interview, you just have to have stories ready for the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly easy. I guess the gathering and analyzing data question was the hardest because there were so many instances i could've talked about that picking one was tough.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron.

Went to college career fair. Was accepted for an interview a few days later. I was interviewed by two Chevron engineers on my college campus. It was a behavioral interview. "Tell us about a time when you saw someone doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. What did you do?" "Tell us about a time where you didn't know how to do something. What did you do?" "Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker?" They also asked about leading others. It was actually pretty laid back.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when you faced an ethical decision?"   View Answer

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

consultants get to attend a technical interview. should have good knowledge and experience in the analysis or development areas. should not pretend having done something that is not familiar. FME (spatial ETL tool) knowledge is a plus. FME is easy to learn as well. ArcGIS desktop, server experience must. ArcGIS APIs experience a plus. development and training interest would help in the job.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to compare existing technology and emerging technology.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chevron.

Panel interview, and many questions from everyone at the same time. Panel interview, and many questions from everyone at the same time. Panel interview, and many questions from everyone at the same time. Panel interview, and many questions from everyone at the same time

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

Good straight forward interview, I talked to three different interviewers and their questions were smooth, nice and straight forward. Human Resources discussions were also great, they work you thru the process in the very best way imaginable, except for when they nervously started asking for my immigration status and related things of that nature.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

they have good engineers working on their staff. HR was helpful and guided through the process very well. The group I interviewed with talked freely and made me feel like home. One should go with an open and a peaceful mindset when going to their interview.

Interview Questions
    • do you think you would be able to fit into this culture?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

Started as Temp to Perm so i only interviewed with the hiring manager.
    The interview process was typical for a temp to perm employee. All background checks and skill set checks etc are done but he staffing agency, so the company doesn't have to do any of that. They still interview you to make sure you are a good fit with the company & manager etc.

Interview Questions
    • typical interview questions,
      you are given scenarios and asked how you would handle
      describe your last job and your contribution
      what are your strengths and weaknesses
        Answer Question
    Temp to perm so no real negotiation

Legal Assistant, Bakersfield, Ca Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chevron in July 2014.

The interview was before a panel of a combination of attorneys and management (4). It was a 1 hour interview that consisted of standard interview questions. They did allow time for your to talk about yourself personally which was different and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you made a mistake and how you handled the situation   Answer Question