Chevron

2.8

Accounting Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron in February 2014.

Got this interview through campus recruiting. Must have specific knowledge on oil and gas industry. Asked for situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Who are Chevron's competitors and what do you know about the oil and gas industry?"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Very good experiences

Government & Public Policy Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron.

Brief phone interview for job. Mainly behavioral questions. How would your experience be beneficial to this position etc. Very nice two person interview staff. I was looking outside my field though so i did not fit in to what they were looking for. Looks and sounds like a great company to work for.

OE/HES Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron.

Had the initial interview over the phone with managers. It was a good interview. Easy questions and scenarios. Very professional. Lasted 45 minutes. Then was called for a 2nd interview at the site. People are real nice. Toured the whole site.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to have to deal with a troubled employee and what was the result?   Answer Question
    I expected a better base salary. There was room for negotiations. I did get a better base salary.

Regional Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron.

I applied online to their website, and was called by a recruiter about four to six weeks later. After a brief phone screening, a panel interview was scheduled. The interview process was well organized and appropriate to the job for which I applied. Behavioral interview techniques were used.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question pertained to my rationale for why I thought I was the best candidate for the position. I found it challenging to come up with a response as I did not know with whom I was competing for the position.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was so excited to receive the offer, and it was already more generous than I expected, so I simply accepted the offer with pleasure.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through my university's on campus recruiting. Even though it was an interview for an engineering position, it was very non-technical. Interviewer focused more on behavioral questions like "describe a situation where you planned ahead".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when your cognitive ability helped you   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chevron.

Applied through my school's career services website. First interview, at my school campus, was one-on-one and lasted about 40-45 minutes. Second round consisted of three interviews at their office building, all of them one-on-one and all lasting about 45 minutes each. Heard back within a week after first round, and within two weeks after second round.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions and some basic accounting questions, nothing too complicated. eg. Free cash flow vs. net income, capitalization, depreciation vs. amortization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron.

I did an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were a positive influence on someone else.   Answer Question

Finance MBA Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chevron in November 2013.

If you are not at one of Chevron's "core" schools that recruits on-campus, you will have to attend a conference and network with Chevron Finance employees in order to have a chance at a first round interview. The earlier in the school year you do this, the better - all first round interviews are completed by early November with second rounds shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Summer Intern - Facilities Engineer (Electrical Engineer In Technical Department) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevron in November 2013.

I applied and interviewed through my university. Two young Chevron representatives who worked within the area I applied for conducted the interview. The questions were entirely behavioral and not difficult. They especially look for leadership skills and personality in addition to your credentials. At the end they asked if I had other offers, and to let them know if I had to accept by a certain date. I did, and notified them. I received an offer within two weeks.

Since it is such a large company, the process was a bit impersonal and I struggled figuring out who to contact. I was not able to receive a detailed explanation of what I would be doing during the internship.

Interview Questions
    • They will want to hear about experiences on your resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I was granted a large relocation stipend considering the cost of living in El Segundo.