Chevron Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Marine Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Normal HR contact and schedule a face to face. Nothing more to write but glassdoor wants me to type in more texts. Okay. There is nothing more to write as I dont know how they decide on who to call.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Good straight forward interview, I talked to three different interviewers and their questions were smooth, nice and straight forward. Human Resources discussions were also great, they work you thru the process in the very best way imaginable, except for when they nervously started asking for my immigration status and related things of that nature.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview

they have good engineers working on their staff. HR was helpful and guided through the process very well. The group I interviewed with talked freely and made me feel like home. One should go with an open and a peaceful mindset when going to their interview.

Interview Questions

• do you think you would be able to fit into this culture?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Started as Temp to Perm so i only interviewed with the hiring manager. The interview process was typical for a temp to perm employee. All background checks and skill set checks etc are done but he staffing agency, so the company doesn't have to do any of that. They still interview you to make sure you are a good fit with the company & manager etc.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, you are given scenarios and asked how you would handle describe your last job and your contribution what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

Temp to perm so no real negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chevron in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was before a panel of a combination of attorneys and management (4). It was a 1 hour interview that consisted of standard interview questions. They did allow time for your to talk about yourself personally which was different and nice.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you made a mistake and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Refinery Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Richmond, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Two interviews - one screening via telephone, one on site. The screening interview was very positive. The on-site interview was with a group of professionals related to the position. It began very well. However, a portion of the corporate interview structure involved describing past achievements with specific, measurable details. I was unprepared to answer in sufficient detail for their process.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding specific technical details and itemized monetary payoff of technical support from projects completed multiple years ago. Example: What brand/part did you use to improve equipment for [specific process]? How much monetary gain/savings resulted?   1 Answer

LNG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Submit resume online. Made interview short list. Interview by 4 team panel. Each person asks a question. Interview lasted 1 hour. Internal posting, so did not require to wear formal business attire. After interview, panel enters scores into ranking tool to evaluate candidates.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Very professional, was not intimidating at all. Two person interview asked simple questions must have some basic knowledge of the company and its competitors. Asked questions like why do you want to work with us and tell me a time when. Very easy to talk to, interview took about an hour but they only asked about 5 questions. Will personally email you within a couple months to let u know

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

This is a contractor (green card) position. Panel interview - pretty straightforward. Past experience and situational questions. Follow-up conversations over the phone along with an offer. This process is somewhat slow, be patient.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you saw something inappropriate at work and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiable

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I received a call 3 weeks after initial online application. 1st Step: Phone interview w/HR 2nd Step: Interview w/ group panel. 3rd step: Called in again for 2nd meeting w/ hiring manager. Was shown around the work area and explained in more detail on operations. Was also introduced to Director. Process lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not difficult. Standard questions " Tell me about a time...." " How would you handle...."   Answer Question