Chevron Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Interview

Met a few recruiters at a campus career fair. Then interviewed for the position a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Hired through the school I was at. Interview tool place 6 months prior to graduation.

Accounting Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron in March 2014.

Interview

Went through my school career center. Was contacted for an interview. Interviewers were extremely nice, everyone involved was very personable and made me feel comfortable. Basically all of the questions were behavioral, interview was 45 minutes but flew by. Was interviewed by two individuals, one younger and one older who mainly sat off to the side and was more of an observer. Interjected with some of his opinions every once in a while. One technical question. Contacted me a few weeks later saying that I had not been chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a balance sheet and an income statement/compare the two   Answer Question

Policy, Government, and Public Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron in March 2014.

Interview

Applied Spring 2014 for the PGPA internship for the summer, and had a phone interview with both a recruiter and someone who worked in PGPA. Questions were fairly straightforward, and if you are knowledgable and show interest you should do fine, the questions were mostly situational based and general clarifications on your resume. However, it was not what I was expecting (less government and more public affairs), and my disappointment in this realization definitely showed in my interview.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chevron (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a job fair at my college and was asked to come do an interview a few weeks later. Interviewer was laid back and asked typical "STAR" questions. He mentioned that they have a good mentoring program for entry-level engineers.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember really. Most were either about projects on my resume or generic ones about my "fit" with the company and why I was interested.   Answer Question

Senior Business Process Analyst Interview

Interview

General....STAR format. One phone and one face to face

Interview

Went very smoothly - friendly people and networked beforehand. Felt like this gave me an advantage

Accounting Analyst Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron (San Marcos, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Got this interview through campus recruiting. Must have specific knowledge on oil and gas industry. Asked for situational questions.

Interview Questions

• "Who are Chevron's competitors and what do you know about the oil and gas industry?"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good experiences

Government & Public Policy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Brief phone interview for job. Mainly behavioral questions. How would your experience be beneficial to this position etc. Very nice two person interview staff. I was looking outside my field though so i did not fit in to what they were looking for. Looks and sounds like a great company to work for.